Sign in to follow this  
BobafrigginFeet

Just read The Dark Knight Returns.

Maybe the three issues of the pre New 52 Batman where Stephanie Brown was Robin for all of ten minutes would suit?

year one was great. i did not like tdkr that much, it was to much over the top cyberpunk madness for my taste. for a batman comic i mean, generally cyberpunk madness is awesome.

I enjoyed Dark Knight Returns more than Year One. Year One didn't really impress me overly much.

DKR is near the top of my Batman comic list. A few stories by people like Grant, O'Neil, or Englehart would beat out DKR, but probably in my top 5 for Batman stories.

The biggest problem with Grant is how little of his Batman stuff has been collected. He mostly just has a chapter here and there in the collections of the shitebig crossovers like Knightfall and Knobend and Contagion and similar heaps of arse that are plugged for being vital to the continuity, rather than for being any good. He'd look a lot better if they did a nice big collection of his first run on Detective comics which didn't have to pay any attention to all that bollocks, instead of only seeing him represented by chunks of a shitty crossover where any attempt he made to raise the game a bit is drowned by the ocean of arsedribble surrounding it.

I saw a link on Amazon that there's a collecting coming out showcasing Norm Breyfogle's art on Batman, and as far as I know, he only worked with Grant, so at least there will finally be some good Alan Grant Batman stories collected. Except, under a title for Norm Breyfogle without mention of Grant.

It's such a shame that most people aren't aware of Alan Grant's run, for reason of no collections, as I consider it the best run on any Bat-comic.

That'll definitely be worth getting, then.

They'll reprint that Paul Dini collection next...