Sign in to follow this  
BobafrigginFeet

So just reached Hellblazer 250

dogpoet    442

This sounds more like a poll than an essay question, Bob.

:tongue:

Milligan inarguably did a shitload of crap, but he did manage some pretty decent stories early on in his run. Maybe go through the first storyline and Suicide Bridge, which are the two that people tend to pick out as the standouts, then investigate further if either of those do anything for you?

seventhcircle    580

yeah. i would say read the whole thing, make up your own opinion and if you like it, say it so you can get bashed for it :tongue:

no seriously, i disliked almost everything, besides some nice ideas, that were badly executed imo. on the other hand, one of my favorite movies is party animals, while i think interstellar is one of the worst pieces of crap ever being pooped on the big screen. taste differs, you know ^^

Lou K    1,054

Depends on if you have to pay for them or not (I don't need to know the details). I found them to be a colossal waste of cash, save Suicide Bridge

• Upvote 2

Christian    734

You could just read it a story at a time, to see how you're liking it, and if you find yourself hating it, you can just stop reading. Unlike us completists, who kept reading no matter how bad it got. The first story-arc, "The Scab", was enjoyable. Suicide Bridge is a great story.

Demon Chas08    295

There's only 50 issues left until the end, and Peter Milligan sounds like he ruined Hellblazer. Should I continue?

Just stop there and get City of Demons

• Upvote 1

Gwilym    330

It's probably best to give them a try; there are some I've read that I really enjoyed, but also some that were just so terrible that I couldn't quite believe it. Unfortunately, the latter memories dominate. I still haven't read Scab or Suicide Bridge.

Christian    734

Yeah, it depends on what "extras" you've read involving John Constantine. Maybe you should hunt down that material first. There are some real gems to be found there.

Especially, The Horrorist. My favourite too.

• Upvote 1

Gwilym    330

The Ian Rankin graphic novel (which for some reason is 'A John Constantine Novel' rather than 'Hellblazer') is quite fun. It's silly but enjoyable.

• Upvote 1

The Ian Rankin graphic novel (which for some reason is 'A John Constantine Novel' rather than 'Hellblazer') is quite fun. It's silly but enjoyable.

Only read 20 pages of it and it's already good. But I'll save it for later..