JohnMcMahon

John Constantine, Legend Of Tomorrow ?

I finally got around to watching the two Constantine episodes of Legends via Netflix, and that show is still goofy as fuck.  I don't know who half of the characters are anymore after they ditched Hawkman and Firestorm, so adding John to the mix did seem to liven things up a bit.  I quite liked the exorcism episode but the second one, the Event Horizon ripoff homage, wasn't as entertaining.  I'll be checking back in with the next season that starts in October, maybe having Matt Ryan back on a weekly basis will make the show consistently watchable.

So I watched the first episode of the new season and...uh...well it's real goofy stuff but I kind of enjoyed it ? 

They did a good job of catching me up as someone not at all familiar with the show, the guy from Prison Break's real funny.  John's bits are very John in that PG way, the leader of the Legends is an ex of his I guess and she's well able for him.  Only real grumble would be that Constantine's wearing the biggest fucking tie I've ever seen!

Oh if that Bisexualblackdude or whatever his name was is still lurking, you should check it out my man - looks like John might spend some quality time with at least one of the dudes.

• Upvote 1

Maybe wardrobe bought a lot of those Regis Philbin ties from back in the early-'00s, and they're trying to bring the look back.

John can be the host of the next incarnation of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?.

See the source image

I liked it quite a bit, too.  Legends of Tomorrow is inherently goofy as all fuck and I"m surprised by how good a fit Matt Ryan's John seems to be in the ensemble.  I find myself still not caring one bit about the other characters in the main cast, I'm strictly there for Constantine, but I was pleasantly surprised and entertained by it.  I saw some complaints elsewhere about John's glowing eyes and magical rune casting, but fuck it he's in a superhero show now so I can forgive it.  

Yeah, it's a DCU show so of course he's going to be making with the flash and anyway, I'm not so old and jaded that I can't appreciate Constantine having to exorcise a unicorn!

I meant to go back and check but I don't think we saw John with a cigarette again after Sara plucked it from his ear during his first scene.

I'm really enjoying Legends this season, the last episode retained the goofy charm while still giving some really great Constantine material for Matt Ryan to work with.  The stuff in the pub about John and his mum was pretty great.