JohnMcMahon

John Constantine, Legend Of Tomorrow ?

Looks like our boy might be back on small screens in 2017.

Hope I'm not dissointed.the constantine series was okay but thats it.i think my fave episodes were the devil's vynil,non asylum and that one where john possessed himself with a demon.excited to see matt ryan as constantine though.did an awesome job.it was really everythong else that threw me off

Demon Chas08    295

Can we have a decent script? I do not want John Constantine and the Temple of Doom.

Still bemused by the New 52esque sword fight as I am?

Speedblazer    141

I didn't really mind it as much anymore. He obviously didn't any real skill with that sword and had to rely on a cheap magic trick to win, which seems John-esque to me.

I guess it would be cool to see what sort of time-travel hijinks Constantine would get into. Get George Washington hooked on some pagan rituals, kick Stalin in the crotch and run away, accidentally get Pete Best fired from the Beatles, the like.

Although I wouldn't prefer CW go the anthology route regarding Legends. Every season is a self-contained story with a different "Legends" theme and cast, retitle it Legends of Darkness or Legends of Magic or something. Have Madame Xanadu or Doc Fate in the Rip Hunter role of "person who gathers everyone together" with Constantine as one of her recruits.

JohnMcMahon    566

Yep, might have been last week's actually - the one with the Huntress.

They're looking for supernatural backup and there's a brief exchange about Constantine being literally in hell.

Speedblazer    141

Yep, might have been last week's actually - the one with the Huntress.

They're looking for supernatural backup and there's a brief exchange about Constantine being literally in hell.

Basically killing off the character. It was the episode with Vixen

JohnMcMahon    566
Basically killing off the character. It was the episode with Vixen

I wouldn't say that, they just needed to explain why Constantine wasn't available - saying the actor's busy with another project might have broken the fourth wall a little.

• Upvote 1

With not one, but TWO episodes this time. It sounds like he'll play a bigger role than he did in the Arrow ep. Can't wait to watch just those two and never bother with the show again.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I tried Legends of Tomorrow when the first season was airing and just didn't dig it at all.  My wife is a huge Flash fan, and she only begrudgingly watches LoT when its a crossover episode.  All that said, I'll definitely watch the Constantine 2-parter, because even if the show sucks I still really enjoy watching Matt Ryan as John.

I just don't care at all for the CW soap operaverse bullshit. That's why I was a little worried that they even added John to it, but the trailer for the animated series and some other news eases my worries for sure.

metanoia    69

LoT has got a lot better over time.  The first half of the first season was a bit of a trial to get through.  They play it for laughs a lot more now.

I don't know if anyone bothered watching it, I sure didn't since LoT isn't a regular watch for me, but Constantine showed up at the end of last week's mid-season finale as the lead-in to his appearances when the show comes back in February.  I'll probably go back and watch it on the CW app sometime over the holiday, just to catch up.  I watched LoT as part of the Earth X crossover event, and I had no idea who half of the heroes are on that show anymore.  I bailed on the show halfway through season 1, guess they dumped Hawkgirl and Rip Hunter since then and added Star Spangled Colossus, Vixen, and some other lady I couldn't place?