Sign in to follow this  
dogpoet

Surprising unterrible Milligan romance comic...

This New Romancer thang.

(Though reading between the lines of his puff piece plugging it, the fact that you don't want to slap the protagonist after reading the first issue could be down to her being another avatar plugging his editrix into idea space...)

Peter Milligan had a short story in that Vertigo romance anthology they published in the late-'90s, called Heart Throbs. His story was in issue #3. The story was called "Mr. Right". I wondered if Milligan was just copying an idea, or expanding on the premise, of that short story with this new series. The plots sound vaguely similar.

Eh, my comic store didn't even get in issue #1, for some unfathomable reason. Instead of bothering to ask them to order a copy, I decided I was buying Red Thorn from Vertigo, and that one book from Vertigo was enough in 2015-2016, so I just let it go. True my Milligan collection will now be incomplete, but it's latter-day Milligan. Sure, his last Vertigo book was quite good, but Red Thorn will do, I guess.