A. Heathen

The Hellblazer Afterbirth

Christian    807

Emphasis on the regret, eh?

I don't even remember the plot of Chas:The Knowledge. Maybe the story was fine, I was thinking about the portrayal of John Constantine. Wherein, Oliver, for some god awful reason, decided that John Constantine would work as a stand-in for Charlie Sheen. That's the real fear of Oliver taking over a John Constantine comic. Not if he can write a good story, Oliver is capable of that, but to make sure he doesn't write such a totally wrong depiction of John Constantine's character, ever again.

• Upvote 1

Emphasis on the regret, eh?

I don't even remember the plot of Chas:The Knowledge. Maybe the story was fine, I was thinking about the portrayal of John Constantine. Wherein, Oliver, for some god awful reason, decided that John Constantine would work as a stand-in for Charlie Sheen. That's the real fear of Oliver taking over a John Constantine comic. Not if he can write a good story, Oliver is capable of that, but to make sure he doesn't write such a totally wrong depiction of John Constantine's character, ever again.

i agree so very much.trying to hide my fears and hope for the best

Christian    807

A 16 year old Oliver, based on Wikipedia.

Hilariously, there's three pages with discussion about immigration and George W. Bush before the comic gets a mention. Sign of the times, eh?

Everyone seemed to lose faith in the series by the third issue.

CfKk8M0UYAAL-VJ.jpg

Now that I've noticed, he does look and act like Charlie Sheen

This is really weird

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

d60-600x344.png

dogpoet    498

Strictly speaking it should be "cigarettes and cheap regrets":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7ChSy6FhxQ

(The original version of this was by The Birthday Party, before they became the Birthday Party, and has Nick Cave on it, but I prefer Roland S Howard's take on it...)

Demon Chas08    295

CfKk8M0UYAAL-VJ.jpg

Now that I've noticed, he does look and act like Charlie Sheen

This is really weird

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

d60-600x344.png

Goran Suduka....

The first solicit is out:

THE HELLBLAZER: REBIRTH #1

Written by SIMON OLIVER

Art and Cover by MORITAT

Variant cover by DUNCAN FEGREDO

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

John Constantine's lost weekend in New York City was fun, but London's where his heart is -- only a pissed-off demon and a curse on his soul stand in his way. Even Constantine's questionable ethics are pushed to the limit when he puts eight million souls on the line to get what he wants...

On sale JULY 20 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

Don't remember if there was an image on the article I pulled it from, but I think that the cover of John smoking from the WonderCon panel will probably be the cover for the solicit.

Here's the solicit as well:

“The Poison Truth” part one! London may have recovered from Constantine’s return, but he hasn’t. Mercury hasn’t forgiven him, but she won’t leave him alone, and Swamp Thing is calling in a favor. And all the while, bigger things are brewing...

On Sale 8/24

http://www.dccomics....he-hellblazer-1

HLB-Cv2-3f8b7.jpg

THE HELLBLAZER #2

Written by SIMON OLIVER

Art and cover by MORITAT

Variant cover by JOHN CASSADAY

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

“THE POISON TRUTH” part 2! No one likes rejection—least of all John Constantine. But even if three’s a crowd, he’s going to find a way to get involved in Swamp Thing’s hunt for Abigail Arcane!

On sale SEPTEMBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

And then there's this:

SIXPDOGW-Cv2-29e90.jpg

SIXPACK AND DOGWELDER: HARD-TRAVELIN’ HEROZ #2

Written by GARTH ENNIS

Art by RUSS BRAUN

Cover by STEVE DILLON

Who is Baytor? The answer may be more complex than you think, as the Spectre shows up at Noonan’s bar with

extremely grim intent. Will the locals sell out their mysterious barkeep or stick by him? Meanwhile, John Constantine promises to lead Dogwelder on a journey of discovery—hey, it worked for Swamp Thing, don’t forget.

On sale SEPTEMBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, 2 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T+

Christian    807

Well, if time passed in real-time, Mercury would be a grown woman. In fact, she'd be over 40 years old today, if it was in real-time.