Gwilym    330

I'm surprised I never noticed that he's lying in a sea of cocks

• Upvote 1

dogpoet    442

You can just see Jojo coming to attention in his strides in that picture...

seventhcircle    580

ok lets not get into detail about the weird vibe this guy has going, with which i mean: fabulous male dominatrix. is there any reasonable argument to be made for two belts?

JoJo is a true anime. Scratch that. It's a MANime

I recommend everyone in this board to see it.

Also, I found a lot of similar features both JoJo and Hellblazer seem to have.

Joestar Family = Constantine Family

both families whose various members discover they are destined to dabble with the supernatural.

Joseph Joestar = John Constantine

Known con-men. Both have been known to outsmart beings over a thousand years old, and are both British.

I just liked to point these things out.

+Additional similarities are

Just as John Constantine was inspired by the musician Sting, the characters of JoJo were heavily inspired by various musicians as well.

Christian    734

John Constantine's original appearance was inspired by Sting. I sort of doubt that Alan Moore was inspired to create the character of John Constantine by Sting. The two really have very little in common, per their characteristics.

dogpoet    442

i agree there may be some simularities...but isn't 'ol conjob a sub?

Not according to the vast number of people he's fucked over. :wink2:

(I thought people weren't having the Stately Wayne Manor stuff in Bendis or the Nick Necro-phillia, anyway, and outside of that he's normally been written as a top.)

Christian    734

I definitely see him as a top man, although most of our experiences with him has been with females. Manor was just a ruse, and Nick Necro is just embarrassing. "We have top men working on it right now."

Dog, why did you mention Bendis? Is there a joke there I didn't get, or did you mistake Azzarello for Brian Bendis?

dogpoet    442

I mistook Azz for Bendis. Brain fart. Pay it no heed.

:blush:

i would generally see him more of a switcher

I definitely see him as a top man, although most of our experiences with him has been with females. Manor was just a ruse, and Nick Necro is just embarrassing. "We have top men working on it right now."

true...but we did see him beat manor into submission,and they did kinda put the idea of zatanna and nick necro handcuffing him to the bedpost and having their way with him(or conversely--zee sandwich anyone?).

Also ,john was thirsty enough that he could and probably would've subbed for zee in the new 52 verse (and that could have still been non sexual--just worship stuff...(not like with her powers this couldn't be a thing)

And not only that ,butjohn's not the only victom--zatanna has to carry the ugly stain of nick necro too(her 2010 comic by paul dini was great before the dropped it in favor of boo52...wasted potential)

agree with switching--though who said the dom had to be a male?Could easily be domme as in dominatrix

[femdom is still kinda risque...y'know with how fragile masculinity is and one's manhood being in question and all don't think there's any mainstream work with it though ironically one of the most iconic bdsm works in history is venus in furs ...with a female domme]

however the troll was fed :biggrin:

thanx 4 da snax

dogpoet    442

As for the switching thing, there's quite a few bi switches who tend to top one gender and be topped by the other, aren't there? It wouldn't be that far out of character to assume that Constantine's more comfortable being the bottom on the less frequent occasions when he gets involved with another guy than he is being topped by anybody female. (Though I do take Lady C's point that Zatanna has been drawn in thighboots for the last decade or so, so looks a lot more like a Dominatrix than she used to...) :tongue:

There's a few other perv "classics" geared towards femdom than Venus In Furs, btw: the not particularly sexy Torture Garden springs to mind for a start, but that is, admittedly not much of a balance to all of DeSade, Pauline Reage and Anne Rice's smut...