BobafrigginFeet

This cover..

Are you guys a fan of Prosser's animal man run? I think everything in it was ridiculous and just like milligan on Hellblazer, it was unfair that the series ended with it

Edited 4/20/16

It's very....New Age.

I used to hate it, I can't say I actually do anymore, as I came around to sort of appreciate what Prosser was trying, although it isn't exactly good either. To be fair, Prosser actually improved the book after the end of the Delano run, where Animal Man turned into a bird creature. That was really where Animal Man went downhill, even though the rest of Delano's run was worth a read.

The series is really all about the Grant Morrison run anyway. After that, the book was never going to be as good.

True, but that's a bloody tough act to follow, and at least none of the Milligan and Delano is half as shoddy as Rachel Pollack's attempts to do Morrison by numbers on Doom Patrol...

Delano didn't try to make the book in to Morrison though, he took the book in its own direction (so did Tom Veitch also, but no one talks about his run....). The fact that it ended up as "Buddy's wife is really a lesbian and Buddy turns in to a bird creature" in the end was just a very sad way to end a promising run.

Milligan was sticking too close to Morrison on Animal Man, and not doing it anywhere near as well, but my problem with Milligan's run was always that it didn't actually feel like Animal Man. There was nothing wrong with the stories or writing, they would have been great on another book, but it felt out of place in Animal Man. Morrison used the weirdness during his run to accentuate the character of Buddy, whereas I felt Milligan was just doing weirdness for weirdness' sake.

I didn't dislike Pollack on Doom Patrol, although all she did was attempt to rehash what Morrison did on the book, it's true, and she didn't do it half as well as Morrison, also true. I thought it still had its moments.

• Upvote 1

Nice work.

Is that the "More Books Of Magic" Constantine, or is he just wearing a suit of armour for a bet?

Nice work.

Is that the "More Books Of Magic" Constantine, or is he just wearing a suit of armour for a bet?

This is the same Constantine from hellblazer but wearing a suit of armor. I've taken the inspiration from that story. I've always thought the idea of Lord Constantine was cool