slinker

The Boys goes to Cinemax helmed by Rogan

The Boys had a great premise and not a bad mythology, and there's not a thing to fuck up. I don't think they can do the excessive digs at the big two so they'll tone it down.

It was, too!  Not amazing but enjoyable.  It changes plenty from the comics, in particular it's missing (nearly) all of Garth's weird sex humour which is a definite plus.

Wonder what the deal with

the occasional flies buzzing into shot

is ?  Presumably we'll find out next season.

The dude from Banshee's fantastic as The Homelander.

It was! Far too good to the the confluence of Seth Rogen and The Boys.

Didn't notice the thing you mention, John.

I checked on the internet to make sure I wasn't seeing things...

From 

here -

The first time the infamous fly appeared was in Episode 4 at around 46:29. On Reddit, fans shared a clip of the fly’s moment. It really seems like they purposefully added buzzing to the sound, as if there’s a reason the fly shows up in a few scenes. The only problem is, that reason was never revealed in Season 1.

The fly makes another appearance at the Christian expo that Starlight attended in the next episode too. It’s buzzing around her head when she’s talking to the teens and lies about being a virgin. The fly is seen again later buzzing around Hughie’s head when he’s walking outside at the same expo.