JohnMcMahon

The Hellblazer #1

11 members have voted

1. 1. Your marks out of 10 for The Hellblazer #1. please...

JasonT    456

I liked the audacity of it, the way it dealt with continuity, the Tintin iteration of Constantine, and John breaking the fourth wall; I think of it as "The Fuck It Hellblazer". Liked the way the artist draws faces. No idea what the plot is, but I'm on board for issue 2.

Christian    807

Actually, no. I think the last series was missing a plot. John just went around, saying a lot of random, but very long sentences, and then it ended. I think it was something about Hell buying New York City...but, to what end? No idea. There were a lot of words to get to that point though.

The plot of this one seems to be that time traveling aliens pretending to be angels go back in time to try to force John to sleep with his mother in order to stop World War I.

High concept, then.

more like high bullshit

I'm pissed because if the series was like the preview with the blue haired chick that made clothes out of demon skin,I'd love it.That preview was better than that whole series and this rebirth thing.I swear this on my grave.I thought I was coming into something darkly beautiful not...whatever that was...

JohnMcMahon    595

What did James say?

Was it in that hellblazer group that I left behind due to it being dull?

How are you going to know when Constantine Season 2 won't be airing if you're not in that group ?!?

This link might bring you to his post.

dogpoet    497

To be honest, I just ignored the high concept time travelly stuff and enjoyed the rest of the story with John playing matchmaker to Merc and Swampy.

(Teensy bit narked that Oliver's kids look to be replacing what he did to Astra in Newcastle as the source of his martyred whining, but, you know: reboot. Why not?)

seventhcircle    598

"I sometimes dream of a world, where my life is being written by a madman. there is a lingering fear that my dreams are but a reflection of my true self, worse: that they may become reality, or have been in some former life that ended in a horrible pile of shit. every night i wake up screaming and that sudden rush of mortal awareness and helpless feeling towards being absolutly not in control of my own life, my own mind is what motivates me, what drives me.

sometimes i breathe for a moment and reflect of what i have experienced and i wonder why it is always this strange name i am screaming when i wake up. the question remains unsolvable: who is peter milligan?"

from the memoires of "john constantine of the afterbirth"