TheDevilYouKnow

John in a kid's show...Nope, not a joke

Anyone hear about this ? Apparently Johnny boy appears in Justice League Action ( along with a Mark Hamill voiced Swamp Thing, which I don't find fitting at all as much as I love Hamill but whatever ) , voiced by.... some dude I have no clue of their identity , honestly, lol. I'm having an absolute bitch of a time finding the actual video clip, but here's a picture I managed to find :

Justice_League_Action_Constantine.jpg

Speedblazer    141

I saw it. And Holy shit is he a character in this. Basically in this episode, he was hit with a "accent-exaggerating" spell that makes him talk like the most stereotypical British prat you've ever seeen.

tumblr_oic73cT3qO1ugeatho5_400.giftumblr_oic73cT3qO1ugeatho7_r1_400.giftumblr_oic73cT3qO1ugeatho6_400.gif

Think Flanders from the Simpsons but with a British tongue.

And also, get this; in this show, he doesn't smoke. No no, he eats lollipops. LOLIPOPS! lol

tumblr_oic73cT3qO1ugeatho2_400.gif

dogpoet    454

Not if he didn't shave his head.

(And what's going on with the eyeliner? Can he still be pomosexual on a kids' show?)

It's just .... after a Constantine movie that WAS R rated, but almost the complete antithesis of who John is, and a show on NBC that allowed some freedom as episodes went on but at first kind of neutered the character, and appearances on CW plus a possible return of said show ( even though that's highly unlikely ) on CW that could neuter the character even MORE, and now this.... It's like , why ? Why is a straight up, unadulterated, 100 percent adaptation of Hellblazer John with NO restrictions such a big fucking thing to ask for at this point ?!?! Friggin' Deadpool was allowed that, and he was put into a kid's cartoon before John even was. And we had to wait decades for the same to happen with Wolverine, only for it to be the last Hugh Jackman Wolverine movie anyway... It's John's turn by now.

Of course, Deadpool and Wolvie are much more popular characters , so maybe they're not the best examples... Lol

Demon Chas08    295

It's just .... after a Constantine movie that WAS R rated, but almost the complete antithesis of who John is, and a show on NBC that allowed some freedom as episodes went on but at first kind of neutered the character, and appearances on CW plus a possible return of said show ( even though that's highly unlikely ) on CW that could neuter the character even MORE, and now this.... It's like , why ? Why is a straight up, unadulterated, 100 percent adaptation of Hellblazer John with NO restrictions such a big fucking thing to ask for at this point ?!?! Friggin' Deadpool was allowed that, and he was put into a kid's cartoon before John even was. And we had to wait decades for the same to happen with Wolverine, only for it to be the last Hugh Jackman Wolverine movie anyway... It's John's turn by now.

Of course, Deadpool and Wolvie are much more popular characters , so maybe they're not the best examples... Lol

Pretty sure the 2005 eyesore was PG-13

Pretty sure the 2005 eyesore was PG-13

And I'm 100 percent sure you're mistaken :

Capturetine.png

I mean, there's bits of naughty language sprinkled in the movie, too, but I guess the MPAA weren't paying attention ?

Tbh, though , I liked the movie for what it is. I consider it an Elseworld's story more than anything else now. Plus, Peter Stormare steals the show as Lucifer. That was probably one of the best film versions of The Devil I've seen. Shia LaBeouf as Chas is still a trash idea, though.

that constantine movie was damn good--but we all know that wasn't john constantine, that was nick necro

this thing with him and the lolipops and all that ...this hurt me :(

at this point they're just trynna bleed money from our boy john in anyway they can because everyone's running outta ideas and since he's relatively obscure along,they can get away with so much shit.The days of Hellblazer is long,long,long gone so I think we need to let it go.

silver lining

If he gets popular enough,somebody may actually make a good as story/movie/animation or whatever about him.The MCU did damn good adaptions of their stuff and some of that stands up to source material.

dogpoet    454

The tiny clip of the animation above is pretty fun, if we're honest (and I love the accent exaggerating spell and Batman having to interpret thing: given that Swamp Thing's there, I wonder if that's taking the piss out of the comedy accent Nancy Collins gave the lad during her stint writing that?), but I do agree that there has to be some reason why they used Constantine for that, rather than one of the other occultists and demonologists in the DCU. You'd have thought this was the sort of situation Jason Blood might be able to sort out pretty fast, and Zatanna is actually a JLA member, so why him rather than them? I'd suspect that rather trying to bleed money from the boy Johnny, they're trying to keep his profile as elevated as they can in case this JLA Dark film should actually happen. At this point he's a character with a long and distinguished history who've they've been trying to retrofit back into the mainstream DCU for six or seven years without trashing the good stuff about the character, with a fairly limited amount of success, after all.

seventhcircle    582

i think the first hb-comic i ever read was the one were he looks for an ex-lover that was turned into some kind of magical fetish by this other weird magician and then killed off.

its strange to see him now in this show...

dogpoet    454

Haunted by Warren Ellis?