Sign in to follow this  
TheDevilYouKnow

CONSTANTINE IS BACK... As an animated series ??

Christian    744

I wish it was going to be as good as classic Scooby Doo!

I like how the article mentioned that those hoping the TV show would return would be just as happy with a 10-minute animated version set in the Arrow universe. Yeah, if they set their hopes really, really low.

Honestly, from the way this looks, this could potentially be better than the live action series. Am I the only one that gets that feeling ? I'm actually hoping this becomes a big thing and lasts for a while.

seventhcircle    582

i don't know. something about it looks a bit too much like tales from the crypt meets dragonball.

but thats just looks. if its a faithful adaption im in.

I found the music that played in this scene rather unfitting - feels more suited to something like an action-heavy video game rather than Hellblazer. Not too much of a fan of how Mictlantecuhtli and the demons look here (come off as rather generic-looking) though I do admit it was pleasant hearing what might be the first British Chas in a Hellblazer adaptation - assuming that is Chas, which I suppose would mean the live-action show's Chas doesn't exist in the continuity of Arrowverse Constantine.

Not to mention that the live-action show already did a rather loose adaptation of All His Engines, the one that slotted Felix Faust in as the villain of the story.  Given that they're doing a straight comic story adaptation with this animated series, I'm really surprised they didn't go straight to "Dangerous Habits".  Although, I suppose if you're wanting a story that's going to look good as an animated series, adapting one of Carey's more traditionally comic-booky stories would play better than a slow character piece.  Not like they're going to pick "The Fear Machine" to animate, 20 minutes of John roughing it in the wilderness, lol.

Still and all, I'm down for this animated series.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:56 AM, GottaGetAGrip said:

I found the music that played in this scene rather unfitting - feels more suited to something like an action-heavy video game rather than Hellblazer. Not too much of a fan of how Mictlantecuhtli and the demons look here (come off as rather generic-looking) though I do admit it was pleasant hearing what might be the first British Chas in a Hellblazer adaptation - assuming that is Chas, which I suppose would mean the live-action show's Chas doesn't exist in the continuity of Arrowverse Constantine.

Yeah , the music kinda throws me off, but I just love the way this is coming off as. Kind of an anime-esque take on Hellblazer, almost. 

Const    1

"Tales from the  Crypt + DBZ" yes definitely, and sadly it is better than the live action where John looked like a teenager in his daddy trenchcoat. Unfortunately Manco's stunning drawings that rely so much on shadows are replaced with teenager animation (maybe they did not want it to be too scary ? ). You should be able to see the entire demons' body, without hors-champ your imagination does not work and you just contemplate plain, ordinary, monochrome monsters of halloween.

But honestly, I did not expect more than this and John seems to have some charisma here so I'm thinking "hey, that's a good introduction for a younger audience that will read the comics". And I'm afraid that everything that will come after this on screenwill be so much worse...