Your Verdict for The Hellblazer #7?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Your score...

• 1 Come Back (Your Least Favorite HB Writer), all is forgiven!
  2. 2. Croissant or Pain au Chocolat?

• Croissant
    • Pain au Chocolat

http://www.freaksuga...7/?sf57790798=1

“The Smokeless Fire” part 1! Constantine once heard a ghost story in a Parisian bar, and maybe the old man wasn’t just telling tales. So he takes Mercury in search of the only man he knows who’s encountered the Djinn. Problem is, they’re not the only people looking!

If nothing else, at least our new artist draws a pretty Paris.

A. Heathen    1,131

I make this an 8 in a field where 5 is tge norm.

I like the art.

Just wish it had more story and less Secret Origin of French Immigrant member of John Constantine 's Brexit League.

A 7.5, voted 7, for me. I found this an improvement over the last two issues. I'm interested to see how the 1936 expedition stuff turns out, maybe it'll make the Djinn interesting/threatening. Though given that this is only the first part of the second installment of Oliver's planned Djinn trilogy, I suppose that this arc too could start petering out before the end again.

Despite the colorful quasi-anime aesthetic, I found Tan's art to complement the story better than Guerra's. Though he does put out quite a few funny faces.

Christian    750

I liked the art, although it was sort of hard to follow at the same time.

I'm glad it was finally a new story-arc, and not just another slow moving story about the Djinn...hey! Wait a minute!

I did not realize this was a trilogy....So long as this chapter ends with John possessed by the Djinn telling Mercury, "I am your father." I will be pleased.

Seriously, it felt like a bit more was happening than usual...although we should be far farther along by part seven...and the art did stand-out, so I shall give this a....7.

Dave    270

I know im late coming to this, but i really hated the art. I found it muddy and hard to follow. Maybe its my age, and i need to get some bifocals or something, but i really struggled with this issue. I almost quit it twice.

JasonT    442

I haven't seen any of the art from this issue, because fuck that, but I'm still pretty sure it's your age.

:smile:

• Upvote 2

dogpoet    455

I rather liked the art.