dogpoet

The Hellblazer #11: Cover

991.jpg

Check out the dates on that gravestone: he's still supposed to be the wrong side of sixty?

WTF?

That demon blood must work wonders for maintaining his youthful chainsmoker's complexion.

I feel most likely it's just a small detail on a cover for the fans, reminding them of better Hellblazer stories that you could be reading instead of this one! I also remember seeing a background detail in one of the Tynion/Doyle issues that had his birthdate as 1953, but that would actually require rereading them or shifting through Google to confirm it and life is too short.

Though, given that the whole backstory behind DC Rebirth is that Dr. Manhattan stole time to create the New 52, maybe The Hellblazer will end with John getting 30/40+ missing years (how old is he supposed to be now, anyways?) back upon Manhattan's defeat and being teleported to where he was at the end of 300. It certainly would explain his shell shocked expression there.

I believe he's meant to be in his 30s. I think he's supposed to be around the age he was when the original Hellblazer first started.

There was another reference to John's age in the last series, I forget which issue, where they made it seem like he was still the same age as when HB ended (as the above post alludes), even though he was obviously meant to be much younger. He was obviously in his 20s during the last series.

I'm just hoping this might mean that the damn Djinn story-arc is ending. I really don't want to see an entire series based around John looking (or something?) for the Djinn.

I'm just hoping this might mean that the damn Djinn story-arc is ending. I really don't want to see an entire series based around John looking (or something?) for the Djinn.

He's probably crawling out of his grave to get away from a djinn that's followed him in there...

...Or, maybe just to get away from this damn story-arc.

"I'd rather be dead than face another eleven issues of this aimlessness!".