Balthazar

Is'nana the Were-Spider

Balthazar    172

Hey, ladies and gents! Just wanted to leave a link to a recent review for my book, Is'nana the Were-Spider, along with the link to the Amazon and digital copy. The book has been getting a lot of stellar reviews and I'm currently in the middle of producing Vol 2! And conventions have been wonderful drawing in new readers.

Isnana-the-Were-Spider-Vol.-1_Page_01.jpg

4a1cb8361d8fdf0e30084cb435417167_XL.jpg

Isnana3.JPG

A 10 out of 10 at Graphic Policy!

https://graphicpolicy.com/2017/04/29/review-isnana-the-were-spider-vol-1/

Story:10 Art:10 Overall:10 Recommendation:Buy

As the story of Anansi, well known to only through West Africa but also throughout the Caribbean, as he is the spirit of all knowledge and stories. I remember my grandfather telling me the story when I was 7 when I lived in Trinidad. Growing up reading comic books, I read about Thor and his brother Loki, and their father, Odin, and always thought why were stories about people who looked like me never like this. Enter writer Greg Anderson-Elysee, who from what I just read, probably thought, and wished the same exact thing....

.... Overall, a strong introduction to a character and a world that I want to know more about and one which is more relatable than Peter Parker’s. The story by Greg Anderson-Elysee, by at first glance may seem like one we have heard before, but once the reader digs in, is an even denser and intricate story and one whose origins have deeper roots than one would imagine. The art by Walter Ostlie, Lee Milewski, Walt Msonza Barna, and Joshua Cozine, is beautiful and reminds me of the work Frank Miller did on Ronin. Altogether, a strong first book by this team, and a story that I can’t wait to see what happens next.

The book can be purchased through Amazon below!

https://www.amazon.com/Isnana-Were-Spider-Vol-Forgotten-Stories/dp/0997362804/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493840047&sr=8-1&keywords=is%27nana+the+were+spider

Or digital half priced below:

http://peepgamecomix.com/product/isnana-the-were-spider-forgotten-stories/

• Upvote 4

dogpoet    455

That's a fine review. Does it look like it's helped pull in more readers?

Balthazar    172

That's a fine review. Does it look like it's helped pull in more readers?

Depends on where I post the reviews. Some reviews do help a lot. But the trick is to consistently spread and post it at various places where people ho may have missed it may be interested. It also does better when its people other than the creator pushing the book.

dogpoet    455

I hear you. If you're getting reviews like that, somebody's going to read them and take an interest, I'd hope.

Balthazar    172

Hey, guys! Just wanted to post the promo for Vol 2, scheduled for Kickstarting this Fall!

Isnana_2_Promo1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Balthazar    172

The Kickstarter is finally live! Be sure to pledge and spread the word through social media of all types, friends and family, etc. Any type of support would be greatly appreciated! And for anyone who missed out on the first volume, given that the book is sold out, you'll also be able to pledge for a copy of the first along with the new one!

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1942007293/isnana-the-were-spider-volume-2

20h6iw2.png

• Upvote 2

Balthazar    172

So a few things since we launched on Monday! We not only passed the 50% mark already, but we also found ourselves in the Projects We Love category!

21eurnq.jpg

zuky39.jpg

It's been getting a pretty good reception thus far, but definitely want to get closer to the initial goal as soon as we can, that way we get closer to possibly adding those extra pages of back up story with the crossovers with other indie comic characters. So if you can, definitely put a pledge in and share and tag people to see the project. It'd be much appreciated!  :smile2:

Oh yeah, don't forget, money doesn't get taken out of your account if you pledge/donate/pre-order until the end of the campaign on October 25th and you can edit the amount any time after you've pledged until that date. So you can place it now just to calculate the numbers. Thanks, guys!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1942007293/isnana-the-were-spider-volume-2

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Balthazar    172

Given that my character Is’nana and his father, Anansi the Spider, have been established with the ability to travel through different worlds, I thought it’d be fun to take advantage of this and introduce people to different books and series in the indie comic world. With the stretch goal of $16,000, the Is’nana team are hoping to raise enough money to add 40 extra pages of story content to allow Is’nana to go through these different worlds, each illustrated by their respective creators. The goal is to raise enough money to pay all the artists/creators involved.

2afhn4x.jpg

2my9fk1.png

287qbts.jpg

So we have Vol 1's artist Walter Ostlie's Shiver Bureau, Micheline Hess' Malice in Ovenland, Shauna J. Grant's Princess LovePon, Chuck DragonBlack Collins' Bounce!, Keef Cross' DayBlack, Mike Priebe's Barrdok the Wanderer, and N Steven Harris' and Robert Garrett's Ajala! I thought it'd be great to do a sort of cross promotion between each creator and books and given that I have a good set of readers and fanbases, I'm hoping I can not only introduce readers to more Black folklore and mythological characters, but also get more people into other indie books and franchises. If anyone is able to jump in to help, that'd be wonderful, or even spreading the word and discussing what the mission goal is! So please pledge today and spread the word!

• Like 1

Balthazar    172

A recent interview I did.

"Despite the awesome quality works coming out from the Black indie scene, there’s still a lot that can be done. Message boards and social media groups have come a long way, pushing out materials to be supported, but a HUGE majority of POC fans are still preaching and complaining about Marvel and DC’s usage of some of their Black characters yet they still won’t put their money where their mouth is and try out some critically acclaimed or fan favorite Black indie books. And the crappy thing is, we can’t get more of our stuff out without all the support that would actually help us produce and represent us in a better light."

https://squidmag.wordpress.com/2017/10/22/greg-anderson-elysee-creating-isnana-the-were-spider-african-comics/

Less than 2 days left to help support and get a copy of Is'nana if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

Balthazar    172

Today is the final day of my campaign for Is'nana Vol 2. I'm doing a last day stretch goal with an awesome digital comics deal. If you pledge for a copy of Is'nana the Were-Spider and we are able to reach $18K by tomorrow at 9 AM, EST, you get a digital package of 16 free indie comic books.

2rx9uzd.png

This is a great way to get a bunch of dope comics for the price of one book and a way to learn of other books out there.

• Like 1