Sign in to follow this  
Christian

Jack Kirby: Genius or Madman?

dogpoet    454

Why is this being treated as an "either/or" question? You can be both, quite handily.

• Upvote 1

Christian    744

There's no poll. I'm not making anyone choose. Although, Galactus coloured green and red is simply madness, not genius. I don't know where they got that picture from.

JasonT    441

I like how there's no explanation offered for the OMAC panel.

dogpoet    454

I rather like that the author knows his Kirby well enough to pick out the single most batshit image from one of the oddest comics the guy ever did...

Christian    744

You still have to wonder how Arnim Zola didn't make this list. Sure, his genetic creation, Doughboy, made the list....

dogpoet    454

Arnim Zola one of Kirby's? I thought he first turned up in Captain America while Gene Colan was drawing it.

Christian    744

Nope. He first appeared in Captain America during the Jack Kirby writer and artist 1970s era, when the Cap comic went mad, following on the heels of the socially relevant Englehart run.

Then, Zola didn't appear again until the J.M. DeMatteis run on Cap.

Come on, a Nazi mad bio-geneticist who decided to create a bio-mechanical body and stick his head in the chest....If that doesn't speak to pure Kirby weirdness, I don't know what does.

dogpoet    454

Come on, a Nazi mad bio-geneticist who decided to create a bio-mechanical body and stick his head in the chest....If that doesn't speak to pure Kirby weirdness, I don't know what does.

Point.