Sign in to follow this  
JohnMcMahon

American Gods

JohnMcMahon    587

Burned through the first season over a couple of days, wouldn't surprise me if it's near a word-for-word adaptation of the books as the first season plays out like the first third of a novel rather than a complete series of TV.  I enjoyed it all the same

I read the book years ago in college (and read Anansi Boys more recently, a year two back), but haven't check out the show yet.  It's on my eventual "to watch" list.

Lou K    1,083

Yeah, me too. Loved the book. Have yet to catch the show. I don't think I have that channel.

St. Apathy    141

There's plenty of stuff that's not from the books, including additions like the Omani chap's story after his onenight stand, Vulcan, and the dead wife/leperchaun roadtrip, as well as stuff that's markedly different, like the season ending and Easter's actions.

So it isn't a word-for-word adaptation (plenty of stuff lifted from the book, though, like THAT scene with Bilquis, and the Stormare stuff) and it'll clearly diverge some more. Still, it delivers on what the book was on.

JohnMcMahon    587

Between showrunner and cast changes, along with a budget cut, it's not looking great for season 2 but fingers crossed anyway.