Sign in to follow this  
GottaGetAGrip

Swamp Thing Returns To Live Action TV

attachment.php?attachmentid=65386&d=1525

A new live-action Swamp Thing series is in development for DC's upcoming subscription service, set to release in 2019. Will be produced by James Wan, with talent involved with Daredevil Netflix, Constantine NBC, and the IT remake acting as showrunners.

Cool that Swamp Thing's getting some attention, not so cool that the show'll be restricted to the DC Streaming Service (in the US at least)

Will Adrienne Barbeau be a featured actress? If not, I will not accept it as a legitimate Swamp Thing live-action series.

• Like 1

I'd have expected you to be more of a Heather Locklear man, Christian.

They'll have to have the telly series running for a long while before they bring General Sunderland's daughter into it. ;)

Is the black-haired woman is supposed to be Abby?

I guess that most of the money in the budget went into the Swamp Thing suit, and there likely wasn't enough left over for white hair dye.

(or perhaps they'll reveal in-story that she dyes her hair to not stand out, or maybe in one episode she gets so scared it turns white)

17 hours ago, GottaGetAGrip said:

Is the black-haired woman is supposed to be Abby?

I guess that most of the money in the budget went into the Swamp Thing suit, and there likely wasn't enough left over for white hair dye.

(or perhaps they'll reveal in-story that she dyes her hair to not stand out, or maybe in one episode she gets so scared it turns white)

Maybe she is playing Alice Cable, just like Adrienne Barbeau in the original movie.

Was that a quick glimpse of Blue Devil in there? When did he get all doom laden and cease to be a comedy character? 

(Some of the trailer looks a lot like the Marvel Man-Thing film from 2005, which is pleasingly old school: there was a lot of debate about which character was a rip off of the other before Man-Thing was largely forgotten after some guy from Northampton started scripting the other comic...)

Yes, that was Blue Devil in the trailer.

I think it was during the "Reign in Hell" mini-series when Blue Devil got turned in to a dark, brooding character. Surprisingly, that story was written by Keith Giffen. He obviously was not channeling his work on Justice League while writing the book.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! This TV appearance must have really effected the collector's price for the Blue Devil series. I remember when you could get every issue from the 25cent bins. Now, almost every issue goes for between $6-$9. That's quite a mark-up. I never expected to see Blue Devil comics going up in value.

Man that does look good. Good enough for me to buy a subscription to yet another streaming service? Not likely.

7 hours ago, JohnMcMahon said:

Launch trailer, hoping Matt Ryan shows up at the end to tease Murder Of Crows for season 2 -

OH, I do hope so. Anything to get him and our John away from the CW Ghetto

Yeah, I tried to get into Legends Of Tomorrow but it was just a bit too silly for me.  That said I quite enjoyed the early seasons of Arrow so wouldn't be adverse to Constantine getting his own show on there.

Haven't seen any of Doom Patrol yet but I've been led to believe it's pretty damn good and I thought Titans was ace.  Hopefully Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing will follow Titans onto Netflix over here.

I might just wait for the box set, meself...

On 5/28/2019 at 9:38 AM, Lou K said:

Man that does look good. Good enough for me to buy a subscription to yet another streaming service? Not likely.

I think DCU does have a free trial. So you could wait for whenever Swamp Thing wraps up (episodes for the DCU shows are released weekly and Swamp Thing is scheduled for ten in total I believe), sign up for the free trial to binge Swamp Thing, then cancel when you're done.

Funny you should mention that: I know Mad's out of fashion these days, but they still manage the occasional fine image...

DtypL8PX4AATnpL.jpg

On 6/6/2019 at 12:21 PM, Lou K said:

And bang goes what little goodwill WB/AT&T ever gained from the DCU stream. Now folks will worry about Doom Patrol's fate because of this.

Good luck on reclaiming the customers they just lost from this choice.