Sign in to follow this  
GottaGetAGrip

Hellboy (2019)

In just a little over a month, Hellboy returns to film with Neil Marshall's new take on the Mignolaverse.

Filing this under the "cautiously optimistic" folder for now!

Make up looks iffy but yeah, visually stunning otherwise. Plus the Baba Yaga!

It is allegedly aiming for darker and more serious, but it just looks the same as GDT without GDT's charm.

Harbour is a good fit for Hellboy, though.

Saw the movie - it's fantastic. It's not for everyone because it has an aesthetic of macabre - think Starship Troopers intensity, with some Robocop, Predator violence level thrown in - and directed with help from Hieronymus Bosch. It flows great - i thought it would be choppy, because it incorporates a few stories unrelated to The Wild Hunt - like the Mexico stuff, but it' done with logic. Do not listen to the bad reviews, don't base your opinion on the awful trailers - a lot of the stuff makes sense in the context. There is only one really bad joke there - and someone put it in the trailer - but there is tons of stuff that is just amazing. Best movie of the year for me - go see it in the theater - it's like a metal concert intensity - only for the fans but the fans love it. I loved it