Sign in to follow this  
GottaGetAGrip

Sandman possibly finally happening at Netflix?

In news that randomly dropped on a Sunday, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Netflix and WB are in the process of developing a Sandman series for the streaming service after several failed attempts at turning it into a movie over the decades.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sandman-tv-series-neil-gaiman-david-goyer-a-go-at-netflix-1220761

Allan Heinberg is slated to act as showrunner, with Neil Gaiman and David Goyer as the executive producers.

(honestly the notion of a live-action Sandman in any form just generates total apathy for me at this point)

Twenty years ago, people might have given a shit, yep.

Morph should be Keanu, but it'll be that mopey one from the recent StarWars films won't it.

I wonder who could pull off the unisex ambiguity of Desire.

On a side note, Netflix has announced that their future teen-and-below oriented original content will be excluding smoking. Though I'm sure Sandman will be aiming for the adults, I look forward to the possibility of another TV Constantine who can't smoke onscreen.

7 hours ago, GottaGetAGrip said:

I wonder who could pull off the unisex ambiguity of Desire.

It's a shame RuPaul's busy with her reality show, isn't it?

If anyone has back-issues of the Sandman comic they've been wanting to sell, now is the time. After the announcement of this show, graded copies of Sandman #1 sky-rocketed up to $700!

On 7/3/2019 at 4:09 PM, A. Heathen said:

Morph should be Keanu, but it'll be that mopey one from the recent StarWars films won't it.

If so, it'd be a better career highlight than being Not!VaderĀ