Sign in to follow this  
JohnMcMahon

The Sandman Universe Presents: Hellblazer #1

Your marks out of 10 for The Sandman Universe Presents Hellblazer #1, please...  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Your marks out of 10 for The Sandman Universe Presents Hellblazer #1, please...

I think #3 was 1987, but I'm not sure what year The Mourning Of The Magician was.

I wouldn't be surprised if the age Ennis gave her didn't match Delano's count, but either way she has to be remarkably well preserved to look as young as she does in Milligan's run up to the legendary #300. Maybe that runs in the family and it's something else she takes after her uncle over?

With John, you can at least hypothesize that Nergal's demon blood, along with that time he did the succubus salsa with Ellie, slowed his physical aging down.

Though it's not out of question for Gemma have gotten up to some similar hijinks sometime in between her appearance in the Jenkins run and her return in Carey's.

Let's see....Mourning of the Magician was in 1990.

It's not as if John looks that young at the end of Hellblazer either.

It was just the stupid reboots that made John look so young while pretending that his age was still the same as Vertigo John. That was just an easter egg for long-term readers though. There's no way that John was really meant to be in his 60s during those three reboots. He was written and looked in his 30s or 20s, depending on which series. Those stories just need to be ignored.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GottaGetAGrip said:

With John, you can at least hypothesize that Nergal's demon blood, along with that time he did the succubus salsa with Ellie, slowed his physical aging down.

Though it's not out of question for Gemma have gotten up to some similar hijinks sometime in between her appearance in the Jenkins run and her return in Carey's.

It's a shame she turned up at her proper age again in a couple of Carey's stories after Gant wound her back to prepuberty so she could go to Grauniad without getting eaten: if Carey hadn't made it clear that didn't stick, that'd be thirteen or fourteen years off her age at least...

• Upvote 1

On 11/5/2019 at 7:37 AM, dogpoet said:

I think #3 was 1987, but I'm not sure what year The Mourning Of The Magician was.

I wouldn't be surprised if the age Ennis gave her didn't match Delano's count, but either way she has to be remarkably well preserved to look as young as she does in Milligan's run up to the legendary #300. Maybe that runs in the family and it's something else she takes after her uncle over?

Having though about Ennis, I do recall him saying she turned 20 in Son of Man when John was on the phone with Cheryl. Thus brings me too...

● mid 1978- Birth

●1983- #77 flashback, age 4/5 at the funeral that never was

● 1987/88- Age 9 or 10 (#4); John turned 35 when Nergal gave him his blood

● 1990- Age 12. Family Man kills Thomas and his ghost reaching out to her

● Christmas 1992- Age 14 when John and Kit visited her Cheryl and the Holy Burlap Sack (i.e. Tony)

● 1998- Age 19/20. #127 & aformentioned birthday (mentioned via phone call)

● Fall 2002- Age 24 (Red Sepulchre)

● Summer & Fall 2003- Age 24/25 (#187-188 and Staring At The Wall)

● 2004- Age 26. Gemma and Angie attempting to find John before Rosacarnis threw them off the trail

● 2005- Age 27. Reason to Be Cheerful through RSVP

● 2006- 27/28. Glasgow and the Empathy matter.

***Milligan****...smh

● 2011- Age 33

● 2012- Age 34. Going by release time than sales date, this is the last we seen of her.

• Upvote 1