JohnMcMahon

John Constantine, Hellblazer #1 (2019)

Your marks out of 10 for John Constantine: Hellblazer #1...  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Your marks out of 10 for John Constantine: Hellblazer #1...

Look at it this way, John: Milligan insisted that the trenchcoat was magic even before he revealed that it was magic because it used to belong to Nick Necro.

If that isn't a good enough reason to get him a donkey jacket or a leather or something, what is?

34 minutes ago, dogpoet said:

Look at it this way, John: Milligan insisted that the trenchcoat was magic even before he revealed that it was magic because it used to belong to Nick Necro.

If that isn't a good enough reason to get him a donkey jacket or a leather or something, what is?

Just as i insist everything outside of Scab and Suicide Bridge along with 8 years o' DCU is just that: bad fan fiction

• Like 1

Uhhh....Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the 8 years of DCU were definitely fan fiction!

What if John Constantine interacted with the Justice League and fought his arch-enemy, the amazing Nick Necro?

What if John Constantine's whole character was that he was bisexual?

What if they relaunched Hellblazer to be just like the Vertigo series again, but rated PG and featuring a never-ending story-arc about John fighting Djinn?

I guess Milligan's what if John Constantine married a Goth girl who was 40 years younger than him and that fell in love with him when she was twelve years old also counts.....

That all sounds like purely (and very shitty) fan fiction to me!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/23/2019 at 2:42 PM, Christian said:

Uhhh....Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the 8 years of DCU were definitely fan fiction!

What if John Constantine interacted with the Justice League and fought his arch-enemy, the amazing Nick Necro?

What if John Constantine's whole character was that he was bisexual?

What if they relaunched Hellblazer to be just like the Vertigo series again, but rated PG and featuring a never-ending story-arc about John fighting Djinn?

I guess Milligan's what if John Constantine married a Goth girl who was 40 years younger than him and that fell in love with him when she was twelve years old also counts.....

That all sounds like purely (and very shitty) fan fiction to me!

These 10 years were utter shit (excluding City of Demons, Ian Rankin's* one off and Pandemonium which werenow the bad times conclude with a true return

*Im ashamed that got overlooked by yours truly

I thought it started off good, something different for Hellblazer, but then the book seemed to shift in the second half to a different story, and that section didn't interest me.

On 2/3/2020 at 12:40 PM, londonsurrealist said:

To be honest, I found Ian Rankin's book less than whelming. Not horrible, not great, a few good moments along the way, but too superficial.

Ironically, not too out of place for the James Tucker helmed DC animation crew to adapt (of course it'd be polluted with a ref or two complete with either a Nightmare Nurse appearance or Andrew Bennett because JL Dark is the little engine that shouldn't have been built) if applicable