jpshirley2005

Constanteen auditions

JUDE LAW should have played John Constantine - if they'd made it based on the Hellblazer character.

If you don't like this director, I'd suggest Barry Sonenfeld or Terry Gilliam. Or Alex Proyas. As I said elsewhere.

JUDE LAW should have played John Constantine - if they'd made it based on the Hellblazer character.

If you don't like this director, I'd suggest Barry Sonenfeld or Terry Gilliam. Or Alex Proyas. As I said elsewhere.

Sorry, John IMO Jude Law, the "sexiest man in the world", is completely wrong. Plus he's in every movie made already.

Law is a really fine actor, he's blond, he's a Brit, he can play anything, he's old enough but not too old. You need a popular actor to get a movie made.

But then - who do you recommend instead? Sting?

Sorry, John IMO Jude Law, the "sexiest man in the world", is completely wrong. Plus he's in every movie made already.

Paul Bettany, Ewan MacGregor, or Patterson Joseph as Constantine.

For a director, perhaps someone who had actually directed a movie before. But not Nicholas Roeg.

That new Obi Wan played the exact visual replica of Sean Philips's COnstantine in Young Adam (along with Tilda "Gabe" Swinton)

I agree with the choices of Paul Bettany or Ewan McGregor if they wanted a younger looking Constantine as well. I'd also add Larry Mullen from U2... but I don't know if he can act.

I'd go with Ewan. He's good-looking without being truly pretty, like Jude is. Plus, Jude seems really upper-crust-like.

If he *had* to be American? Keifer Sutherland, no doubt. Actually, I've heard Keifer do a great Irish (or was that Scottish?) accent in an interview, so maybe he could do Brit too. Out of everyone I can possibly think of, he really, really, really looks like John.

I'd go with Ewan. He's good-looking without being truly pretty, like Jude is. Plus, Jude seems really upper-crust-like.

I read an argument over Jude Law vs. Colin Farrell for the role of Alexander, something about how if you had to follow Jude Law into battle against the Persians he'd probably be the first to die.

Kiefer Sutherland is a good choice appearance-wise.... he's Canadian-Brit by the way :tongue:

Kiefer Sutherland would do an excellent job. I think Ewan McGregor is too nice, like with Keanu Reeves. Jude Law would be good, but he really is in everything, and I'd never see him as Constantine, just as Jude Law, like watching a Tom Cruise movie. Who really watches it for the movie itself?

Personally, if he wasn't so young, I'd pick the guy who plays Sark on Alias. He's not British, but he's blond, and he's just so awesome.

Clive Owen as Chas.  :wub:

That's a very sweet choice. I was looking for a way to get Clive Owen in the discussion but I couldn't see him as John... definitely see him as Chas though. A really good looking and intelligent Chas.

I could easily see Sean Bean as John...

It would be fun to see how he'd get a Sharpe reference in (perhaps a comment on Satan's style?).

Love the idea of Clive Owen as Chas!

Cheers,

Pru

Somebody's probably posted this review already:

http://filmfreakcentral.net/screenreviews/constantine.htm

It does, however, propose that "Constantine, if they were insisting on an American actor, should have been Denis Leary." I could see that, easily!

(Earlier, they compare Keanu as John to "Imagine Robert Redford as Snake Plisskin, or Pierce Brosnan playing Ash in the Evil Dead films")

~Pru

It does, however, propose that "Constantine, if they were insisting on an American actor, should have been Denis Leary." I could see that, easily!

dennisleary.jpg

denisleary_1.jpg

I'd have preferred they ask me to bleach my hair blond and cast me, of course. Then again, I'm not an actor, but it would have been a hell of a lot of fun!

I think Leary's a good choice. He can pull the bastard role off at least, and I'd rather have a New England accented actor than a Californian sounding actor playing JC (if he was going to be American).

Otherwise, Tim Roth...

The Nolan Brothers could probaly write and direct a pretty interesting Hellblazer flick, too.

I've always said that if they needed an American to play him, and he didn't have to look the part (as we know ge didn't), theyn my vote goes to John Cuzack. He can play a con artist (The Grifters) he can be dark (Identity), and he can be cynical (High Fidelity). There.