jpshirley2005

Constanteen auditions

I don't care what he looks like. I can't think of an actor working today who could pull off a non-too-bright Cockney thug-with-a-heart character like Chas more convincingly than Ray Winstone, and that's more important than physically resembling the character from the comics (who, let's face it, has been drawn almost as many different ways as there have been artists who've drawn him).

Well the Chases have all looked broadly the same, being big, usually broad fellas who look like they could actually do some damage. Unlike Ray Winstone, who sometimes acts tough but still looks all cuddly when he does it. And yes, I've seen Scum, but he's old now.

And I'm sick of Winstone, who seems to be a reflex reaction to word "Cockney" in the brains of most casting crews. He's a good actor, but I don't see him in the role.

Nah, this is Chas:

7_days3.jpg

Hooray for Sean Pertwee!

Depending on the age of whoever'd have been playing John, Sean Pertwee wouldn't have been a bad idea.

I wouldn't want to go up against Winstone in a fight, though. Even now. Although I am forced to admit that, over the last 5 years or so, he's gotten a wee bit on the chubby side to pull it off.

Damnit.

He could kick the shit out of me but he'd still look like a podgy Cockney bear whilst he did it.

Didn't Ray Winstone play the beefy dude with the axe in King Arthur?

Sean Pertwee looks like a nice choice too for a current Chas, by that I mean his age... because Manco draws them younger and good looking. Never seen his films or TV stuff.

I always imaged Vinnie Jones from Lock STock and two smoking barrels as chas. He seems like someone who would have no problem bringing out the tire iron.

501341_LockStockAndTwoSmokingBarrels-StandingTwoGuns.jpg

Hey Hilde....

Care to join me in imagining a Sean Bean-Ewan McGregor hybrid?

Err... as Constantine, of course. Not for any diversionary reasons!

>;)

oh, I can and I will. I'm more than happy to see my reputation fly out of the window if it's for a good cause ;)

now, if my computer monitor would stop fooling around ("now I'm yellow! now I'm not!") I'd be able to assess the evidence properly.

Who was the leader of the stick-up gang in "Lock..."? He was a bit pudgy, but he was damn scary. I'd almost prefer him as Chas.

Chas never strikes me as someone who is obviously intimidating in the series. He has no problem taking someone down, but the people he takes on (at least those I can recall right now) intially seem very eager to fight him. Vinnie Jones is TOO intimidating. Chas' best weapon is it seems he can take people by surprise with just how well he can handle himself.

He looks the part but i don't know if he would be right for the role myself, maybe as an American Constantine sure but if we're to stick to the comic then i wouldn't agree but anyway here's some pics of Kiefer Sutherland that could probably argue his case for playing John Constantine if he had ever been approached to play him....

Kiefer was born in London you know. But I must clear one thing up. He's Canadian, NOT American. Its an important distinction IMHO. I mean, would you call a Scot English? :wacko:

(nice smilies btw)

Oh, and is Sean Pertwee the son of John Pertwee? Got s little resemblance, and its not a name I see with frequency.

Who was the leader of the stick-up gang in "Lock..."?  He was a bit pudgy, but he was damn scary.  I'd almost prefer him as Chas.

68-28807.jpg

Frank Harper is the fella you're looking for. Could probably eat Ray Winstone for breakfast.

Kiefer was born in London you know. But I must clear one thing up. He's Canadian, NOT American. Its an important distinction IMHO. I mean, would you call a Scot English?  :wacko:

If Kiefer can talk with a Scouse accent then give him the part.

In answer to your question though, would i call a Scottish person "English"?, well in international footballing terms, its possible that you could.

Oh please do look further.

Now? Agreed. A decade or so ago? Nope.

Who was the leader of the stick-up gang in "Lock..."?  He was a bit pudgy, but he was damn scary.  I'd almost prefer him as Chas.

68-28807.jpg

Frank Harper is the fella you're looking for. Could probably eat Ray Winstone for breakfast.

That's him! I'm more conviced than ever now...

_39756705_celeb_neil.jpg

Neil "Razor" Ruddock as Chas!

If we're picking ex-footballers to play Hellblazer characters that is...

The problem with Leary is that John is supposed to be an asshole...but likeable.

Competent acting would be a plus, too.