jpshirley2005

Constanteen auditions

I honestly cannot see that, Shawn.

I could see Goggins playing one of the shit-kicking rednecks from Azz's run though.

Well since this thread is still alive, and since people are still throwing in dark horse picks, here is one I would consider if you don't want to go British: Ian Tracey. Canadian journeyman actor, been around forever, would work really cheap (in relative terms) and he has the right look -- assuming that we're going for the war-weary, beaten down, tired of the world screwing him over John.

http://www.davincisinquest.com/img/Gallery...lsize/71_04.jpg

http://www.davincisinquest.com/img/Gallery...lsize/68_18.jpg

More pics and info:

http://www.davincisinquest.com/gallery/3.asp

http://www.davincisinquest.com/about/aboutcast/IanTracey.asp

http://www.northernstars.ca/actorsstu/tracey_ian.html

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0870439/

When I saw my first ever Bradstreet cover I thought of a younger Malcolm McDowell for some reason...

He wouldn't be my first choice but he's an interesting one, and I think he'd work better than Sting, who may look the part in some people's eyes, but would have no hope of being able to play the role. McDowell's acting would be much better suited, but I think a person who had the subtlety to play a reserved man is what would really be called for. I don't know enough about British actors to know who would be best for that. I do suspect that many more would have the right look than would have acting abilities compatible with the role.

Well since this thread is still alive, and since people are still throwing in dark horse picks, here is one I would consider if you don't want to go British: Ian Tracey. Canadian journeyman actor, been around forever, would work really cheap (in relative terms) and he has the right look -- assuming that we're going for the war-weary, beaten down, tired of the world screwing him over John.

He has the right looks and affect, and I think it might be a bit easier for an English-speaking Canadian to do a good English accent than it might be for an American (looking at it generally, without considering individual talent).

Question - could you provide links to those pictures instead of putting them in this thread? Or just find smaller versions? It's taking forever for them to load on broadband, so I dread to think what this thread will be like for people on dialup.

We (people on dialup) can see everything else just fine. It's just that those pics take so long to load that we might go onto another thread once we see just the actor, if some of us don't lose patience before then.

So little of these big photos show the actor that it would make sense to grab sub-images of him out of them with photoshop or some other tool (like Gimp, which is free) and just upload those.

Sorry. I didn't realize the pictures were playing havoc with the layout. I'm on dial-up myself and since they loaded quickly enough for me, I assumed that they wouldn't cause a problem for anybody else.

Even with what the movie was in the end having Ralph Fiennes instead of Keanu would have help greatly. If only these pics of Ralph and Rachel were from Constantine:

cg06.jpg

564.jpg

Even with what the movie was in the end having Ralph Fiennes instead of Keanu would have help greatly.  If only these pics of Ralph and Rachel were from Constantine:

cg06.jpg

564.jpg

well i think he quite is the type of keanu: long face, big thin nose, brown short hair.

maybe hes acting abilities would be different but i think keanu made a decent job for portraying a stressed supernatural detective like he was in the script.

so what would have been the change for you?

I agree with Hagren, actually. Fiennes is no closer to Constantine physically than Keanu, and if the script remained the same, the character would be no closer to that of "our" John - other than a somewhat improved acting performance (so one would assume, anyway - although I'm not the biggest fan of Fiennes' carefully-mannered performances, personally), what difference would it really make? I've said this before, and still think it's true - by the time Keanu was cast, the script had already diverged so far from the comic that even perfect casting wouldn't have made it a substantially more faithful adaptation.

Well I think Fiennes is closer physically and geographically to Constantine than Keanu. Even though I think Keanu did an alright job despite being mis-cast, Fiennes has a certain intensity to his eyes that manage to convey more depth than Keanu's. Such as the scene where Keanu looks out over the city, I believe Fiennes would have been able to convey more of a haunted quality than Keanu who just looked kind of like he was staring off into space. I'm not sure Ralph would have been as believeable in the fight scenes, which kind of makes my point. Such arguments are all for naught but perhaps with Fiennes the film would have played down the action bits and played up the dramatic ones.

Well I think Fiennes is closer physically and geographically to Constantine than Keanu.  Even though I think Keanu did an alright job despite being mis-cast,  Fiennes has a certain intensity to his eyes that manage to convey more depth than Keanu's.  Such as the scene where Keanu looks out over the city, I believe Fiennes would have been able to convey more of a haunted quality than Keanu who just looked kind of like he was staring off into space.  I'm not sure Ralph would have been as believeable in the fight scenes, which kind of makes my point.  Such arguments are all for naught but perhaps with Fiennes the film would have played down the action bits and played up the dramatic ones.

maybe but thats not much difference because frankly there were too few dramatic scenes.

I see Fiennes more as Lucifer than John Constantine, really. mostly though, I'm just curious to see him as Voldemort.

I see Fiennes more as Lucifer than John Constantine, really. mostly though, I'm just curious to see him as Voldemort.

he will play voldemort?

im really looking forward to harry potter 4

I heard that one too - and I said they'd have to do a "dark" version of him as my more recent memories have him in "Maid in Manhattan" - then my friend reminded me he played the killer in ..."Red Dragon".

Ye olde Voldy is supposed to be a handsome man gone to "seed" after all, as in The Portrait of Dorian Gray - evil marks him. And anyway, tearing up one's soul is bound to leave some marks..

Law is a really fine actor, he's blond, he's a Brit, he can play anything, he's old enough but not too old. You need a popular actor to get a movie made.

But then - who do you recommend instead? Sting?

Sting??? That would be hilarious. Of course, the role would require his showing something he doesn't have - depth. And he can't even spell complicated.

I think Reeves did a somewhat decent job as John, it seems that he got John's essence. I hated the guy who played Chas - I wanted to smack him...he was too puppy-like.

Gavin as Lucifer - I liked and I didn't. I didn't really feel him.