jpshirley2005

Constanteen auditions

jus tthought i'd throw this in. As i was reading through the entire run of HB over the last couple of weeks I read in one of the letter columns that the person thought Sean Bean should play constantine. That letter was written about 7-10 years ago when HB was still in it's infancy and years away from the movie.

i wish i remember which issue it was.

I think the only person that would have flawlessly fit playing Constantine character is Mickey Rorke.. he played as Constantine in the movie Angel Heart, it was simply him.

I think the only person that would have flawlessly fit playing Constantine character is Mickey Rorke.. he played as Constantine in the movie Angel Heart, it was simply him.

You're not wrong. However, I think we'd need a younger Rourke than today...

someone mentioned david bowie for lucifer. i dont know, but i think he could do a jc too.

hes the ultimate british man for me, so i could see him in any role of a hb film.

kiefer sutherland is also a good choice, but ewan mc gregor, sean bean, mickey rourke, jude law and so on arent so great for me. maybe as gabriel. and gary sinise would be also good as at least as SOMEONE in a hellblazer movie, because he seems dangerous. or kevin bacon.

someone mentioned david bowie for lucifer. i dont know, but i think he could do a jc too.

hes the ultimate british man for me, so i could see him in any role of a hb film.

Yeah but he's a shit actor. Just like Sting.

Clive Owen wouldve been awesome, I think, though I'm sure someone's said it four or five pages ago. Physical discrepancies between him and JC be damned, he's a very very talented guy with Enormous charisma and presence.

and hey, David Bowie can be good in the right roles. I thought he was very good in The Man Who Fell To Earth. I'm probably the only one who also liked him in The Hunger but I dont care :p

Jude Law as Gabriel is a good idea.

Yeah but he's a shit actor. Just like Sting.

maybe, i dont know :)

Kiefer should not play Constantine. woof. Horrible actor.

Hmmmm. Michael Caine....wait what? No No. John Huston as Lucifer....

Um....Sting is basically Constantine. Acting lessons....Bam he's automatically as good an actor as Sutherland.

Im amazed to see all the picks of people that look like john. but thats not hard, give me a Cig, no shave for a day or two, die my hair, a coat, and some low key lighting, and Im john......Hey that gives me an idea......

So with that said..... (Actually that sean bean photo looks more like David Beckham to me)

......Hugh Grant as John Constantine.....yes dedfinitely...all of us Americans love good 'ol hugh. Plus we all now how bumbly he and John are....

in all seriousness, Id go with a no name and a lower budget....

because a cult following would serve hellblazer better

for the purposes of this thread........um......hmmm.......Tim Roth/Mr. Orange

We're still talking about this? I've just about forgotten about that movie.

:tongue:

I would have to go with Sean Bean or an unknown.

I'd go with Sting if I though he would do it.

The idea of Clive Owen as Chas is a really good one.

I used to think Vinnie Jones but I dont think he could pull off the family man/loyal friend aspect of Chas.

Who should play Kit or Brendan?

Or the First of the Fallen?

I did a much longer and funnier one of these ages ago but I can't find it, so here're the edited highlights.

John:

paul.113610.full.jpg

Paul Bettany

Chas:

7_days3.jpg

Sean Pertwee (Vinnie Jones is too obviously thuggish and ugly - Chas should have a softer side to him)

Kit:

dn_dervla_400x300.jpg

Dervla Kirwan (Irish and gorgeous, and approaching the right age)

Brendan:

180305nrebus.jpg

Ken Stott (Scottish, but he's made a career out of playing alcoholics)

The First of the Fallen:

sylvester_stallone.jpg

Sylvester Stallone (I'm only half joking - take a look at how Sean Philips draws him!)

I did a much longer and funnier one of these ages ago but I can't find it, so here're the edited highlights.

John:

Paul Bettany

seconded. Tim Roth or Gary Oldman can also apply for the job.

Chas:

Sean Pertwee (Vinnie Jones is too obviously thuggish and ugly - Chas should have a softer side to him)

yep. I'm fond of Ray Winstone for th part as well though

Kit:

dn_dervla_400x300.jpg

Dervla Kirwan (Irish and gorgeous, and approaching the right age)

oh yes, very much so. great idea!

Brendan:

Ken Stott (Scottish, but he's made a career out of playing alcoholics)

I was thinking Brendan Gleeson myself, really.

The First of the Fallen:

Sylvester Stallone (I'm only half joking - take a look at how Sean Philips draws him!)

uhm... no. I have no idea who I'd cast though.

Well, I still think Stormare was a pretty good FoTF.

My pick (as I stated in another thread): Walton Goggins aka Shane from the Shield. If he can do a good English accent and dye the hair blonde. Here's why: he can be ornery, can be a softy, or a selfish prick and screw people over to get what he wants, he can be charming, butt kicking, has that shit-eating grin, and he looks good with a cig hanging from his mouth.