TearsInRain

All His Engines

There will not be a sequel. The movie at best will be a small sucess, not one that will warrant a sequel. Tears is just blowing smoke up your asses again.

I'm starting to think that you're, like, the anti-Matadoor - do you have a vested interest in a sequel not being made ?

(hang on...you're Keanu's agent...aren't you ?!?)

On the wry wit point, James already listed some good examples but two more spring to mind - "I'm John Constantine, and I'm a bastard" and the whole "I lied" bit with the demons in the church.

(Can't you merge this with the *proper* All His Engines thread to trick "Tears" over to the comic series discussions ?)

Here's a couple of observations from me.

1) Tears, as someone involved in the film, you have collectovely demonstrated not understanding the John Constantine of Hellblazer, however it is admirable that you are trying. The fact that you missed John's "usual" "wit" when in fact it is there in the examples you've been given indicates that you need to keep (being) trying.

2) I agree with Mark that it's not our place to be snarky to everyone who defends the films and propagates the idea of a sequel. I find it quite tiresome how some folks deny the successes of the film, even though I find said film very disappointing. However, Tears' "same old same old" is too close to the attempts by the film makers to aggregate fans of the comic series into a homogenous lump of antipathy. Presumably they can then get Peter Stormare to take us out of the body of the public. It's not the same old anything when a new member of the forum states their case.

And yes, I am deliberately lumping the movie people into a homogenous lump etc etc I'll stop when you all do.

I'd accept that Tears' "same old same old" crack was unjustified, but so was Matt's wilful misreading of his post. Attacking someone on the basis of something they didn't, in fact, say is pointless, and if one is going to reduce 'comics fans' and 'film defenders' into two equally globulous, homogenous lumps, I don't see why 'we' should lower ourselves to 'their' level. As it were.

There will not be a sequel. The movie at best will be a small sucess, not one that will warrant a sequel. Tears is just blowing smoke up your asses again.

I'm starting to think that you're, like, the anti-Matadoor - do you have a vested interest in a sequel not being made ?

(hang on...you're Keanu's agent...aren't you ?!?)

On the wry wit point, James already listed some good examples but two more spring to mind - "I'm John Constantine, and I'm a bastard" and the whole "I lied" bit with the demons in the church.

Nope, I’m just stating a fact that can be check by anybody on this board if they chose to do the legwork to find it. I have been right in how the movie is fairing in the box office so far and I’m pretty confident that the studio will not do a sequel. As for my interest in the sequel, I rather not see a sequel because if they actually cared about making a good movie, they would have not messed up the first time. The “we will do it right next time” argument is a joke and it is a way of talking down to the fans by saying that we did not need to satisfy you guys the first time so we will give you a bone the next. How do I know all of this? I used to work in marketing for a major studio and I do know all the tricks of the trade. It was never their intention to make the movie like the comic book and it was never their intention to please the fans of the comic at all. Regardless of the fact that they extended an olive branch to the fans of the book or the Internet community, they were going to make the movie they wanted to make. You notice how fast they abandon the fans once the script of the film was trashed by the few people who read it.

I wanted to like the movie and I am a Keanu fan (I met him and he was really nice to me) but the movie was terrible and it only showed that the studio really did not care about what they were making.

As for the anti-Matadoor thing, i have never shoved my opinion down anybody's throat and actually been silent with my opinion of the film intill now.

I think the 'anti-Matadoor' comment was referring to the fact that the majority of your recent posts have been saying the same thing - that the film's failing at the box office, and that there won't be a sequel. Fair enough (although the international takings for Constanteen really haven't been that bad so far, even allowing for the huge drop-off at the US box office, and the critical buzz isn't anything like as negative as you're suggesting), but once that point's been made, there's no real reason to keep on making it over and over again.