Qusoor

Constanteen game website...

You are John Constantine, a tough, supernatural, working-class mage:  sometime exorcist and all-around occult trouble-shooter. 

Use an array of powerful incantations and an aresenal of spectacular holy artefacts including the Crucifier, Holy Shotgun, and Dragon's Breath Flamethrower.

I've had this game for more than a week now and I've yet to even try it out. I guess I'm just not a big video game person.

The trailers kinda remind me of 'Cliver Barker's Undying', the game (with the zappy spells and creepy demon stuff and whatnot), though I've yet to see 'Constantine' in action. Am really more the look-over-your-shoulders-while-you-play type anyways.

It does look like a lot of effort's been put into the game site, though. I mean, hell, the flash version of the movie site wasn't up until, what, a month before the actual movie came out in the US? That's kinda sad, 'cause I remember I was all hyped up with the X-men 2 movie site six months before its opening day.

(It's also pretty sad that Qusoor's icon (which I adore, by the way) looks more like the real John than Keanu.)

Any game-savvy people tried 'Constantine' yet?

Well, i just bought it and am about to kick some half-breed "asshole"'s, erm, ass......hole.

Will give a review soon.

Quite liking this game, its a good little shoot em up with a few jumpy scary bits, think there's more action in the three levels i have completed so far than in the whole film!

The levels i have went through have been quite eerie and atmospheric and at times, it reminds me of two games - Max Payne and The Suffering but i liked both those games so this has been well up my street.

The level in Hell which introduce you to the game is done really well, there's wrecked cars and buses flying all over the place, people being chased by flying demons and blazing fires everywhere.

But yeah, so far so good. The cut scenes in between levels seem to be far better written than the scenes in the film.

There's a poster for this game at the local train station. Is it worth my while taking a photo for the site, John?

I'm about halfway through. It keeps with the movies tone, the main voice actor has pretty much got Keanu down and thus far there has yet to be Chaz in the game. Beeman and the Preacher are there from the get-go.

The CG Opening scene (a direct copy of the exorcism reel) is dead on.

The gameplay is pretty rough. The controls are scattered but walking through the worlds is great.

One of the better games I've bought. I bought at the same time as when I got THE PUNISHER, which is far superior.

You can shoot the Holy Shotgun?!?!?! I am so there! :icon_twosgun:

You guys can play coy all you want. You know it's cool to see Constantine branching out into the mainstream world.

It's not my Constantine, though, so I'm indifferent to it.

Had it been a game based on the comic-book Constantine then I'd be clinging to it like a limpet to a ship.

It's not my Constantine, though, so I'm indifferent to it.

Had it been a game based on the comic-book Constantine then I'd be clinging to it like a limpet to a ship.

I just see the game as nothing more than a fun shoot 'em up, i am into games like Max Payne and The Suffering and Doom anyway so i am enjoying it for what it is at the moment.

In an ideal world though it would've been great if a software company somewhere had the license to turn Hellblazer into some kind of atmospheric horror strategy game from a storyline they got someone like Jamie Delano to write especially for the game just like they got Garth Ennis to write the Punisher game thats been released but we know alas it will probably never happen.

Hellblazer would have made a great point and click game, but sadly nobody makes those any more.

I don't feel any antipathy towards the Constantine game -hell, I'll probably buy it if I see it second-hand - but I am denying MagicJava's claim that I'm just playing coy about seeing "John" in a game.

Hellblazer would have made a great point and click game, but sadly nobody makes those any more.

I don't feel any antipathy towards the Constantine game -hell, I'll probably buy it if I see it second-hand - but I am denying MagicJava's claim that I'm just playing coy about seeing "John" in a game.

I understand James. I guess I've just accepted that anything Hollywood does is going to be light-hearted, middle of the road, bubblegum chewing entertainment.

Even though it's not really John, I'm happy to see the movie doing well, hope they make a sequel, and hope the game does well too.

I played around with the copy John sent. The cut scenes are nice, but the dialoge in them is like some cheesy street detective movie.

Aside from the lack of stronger story (so far which doesn't deviate too much from the movie). So far there's no sign of Chaz or Angela which is good. I have to admit, too, that the weapons are a good idea. I like the idea of shooting but only in the game - the movie ruined what little appeal one could have for a "holy shotgun".

I'm on my way to Papa Midnites now...

...oh and if you smoke heavy amounts of marijuana, you can pretend your not Keanu and are actually John on his "black coat days". The spell casting option is very cool.