JohnMcMahon

Hellblazer In Spain ?

Delano used the word "shit" a few times, but the "fucks" didn't arrive until Jenkins. Ennis wins points for using "[over-used word]" in Son of Man, though.

Oh, but you forget Ennis' copious use of "frigging". Yes, Garth. You're not allowed to use those really nasty swears you're so fond of, so instead of adjusting your script accordingly, you're just going to substitute a ludicrous 'substitute' word? Repeatedly? Every *frigging* issue? That's going to look really good, that is.

Frankly, given that the character had never been particularly foul-mouthed before Ennis took over, I'd have been happier if he'd just stayed that way, for the most part. I love swearing, I do, but it loses a lot of impact if it's done to excess. Ellis' 'Locked', for example, features some of the most comically unconvincing over-use of the word 'fuck' I've ever encountered.

This is the other sketch I found from him (I think it is him?).

constantineminimale9lc.jpg

even though i dislike that cover, and didn't like Camuncoli's two issues on HB during Azz's tenure, i must admit that that sketch is awesome, and more in tone with his brill recent work on The Intimates.

Back to the origin of this thread...

NORMA loses its rights of Vertigo and DC!!!

The rights finish. Bussiness things. Planeta takes it. I just hope they would make appear the old issues... And before-Azzarello issues (Warren Ellis issues I think).

I'd heard something about it. Do you know if they got the rights for Latin America as well? I'm a bit worried, because I remember reading a few weeks ago that some Argentinian and/or Mexican companies would publish some DC titles - mostly Batman and other superhero series-. As I remember it, they were aiming for monthly, buy-at-the-kiosk publishing, not trades.

Doesn't Planeta own the rights to Marvel, too?

What I suspect might happen, what I'm afraid will happen, is that they'll stop publishing Vertigo titles. It'll be a huge mess.

I'd heard something about it. Do you know if they got the rights for Latin America as well

No idea, man, sorry.

As I remember it, they were aiming for monthly, buy-at-the-kiosk publishing, not trades.

The trades are usually independant of the issues, you may have both, but again I'm not sure.

Doesn't Planeta own the rights to Marvel, too?

Onwed. Planeta loses Marvel and gets DC. Panini edits MArvel now in Spain.

What I suspect might happen, what I'm afraid will happen, is that they'll stop publishing Vertigo titles. It'll be a huge mess.

Don't say that thing. Lotsa people earn lotsa money, noone will left Vertigo unattended. Anyway, 'no llames al mal tiempo...' ('don't talk about bad things, they might become real', is what I said)

it looks like Planeta only got the publishing rights for Spain, damn it. The DC website is incredibly useless. I guess it'd be easier if I asked at my comic shop. Maybe this situation won't be a mess, just confusing.

(no soy pájaro de mal agüero, un poco pesimista no más)

Hellblazer lands off in Spain with its new editorial Planeta de Agostini. Next month we'll see in the shops:

Hellblazer: Terceros Mundos (I think it's part of Mike Carey's run; 144 pags)

The price is the best part: It doesn't reach the 10 euros!! Yipeee!!

yipee.jpg

I just hope the story would be ok, too.

Guest Guest

Third Worlds.

It seems that Planeta is going to continue the collection where Norma left them, so...

It's ok, but we WANT the first 60 issues!!! Hello? Anybody hear? Please?

Yeah, the Third Worlds arc is nine or so issues into Carey's run. Hope they've collected the issues before that, though.

Yeah, the Third Worlds arc is nine or so issues into Carey's run. Hope they've collected the issues before that, though.

Me too. I guess so.

One of the main comic shops in my city decided to clean the cellar up so they are selling for 1 or 2€ old Zinco comics... you have the first four issues of Plastic Man, some short stories of Batman and Superman, Bogey man by Alan Grant, etc. The important thing about it is that they're selling the first issue of Hellblazer and the first annual (they said it was the first annual)! Which I didn't even know it was edited here! It's called something about saints, like the first saint or kindabout... Yeah! That's it! The bloody saint is the original name! Good news... more to come, I hope.

HELLBLAZER ISSUES 1 AND 2

My prayers have been heard.

http://www.dreamers.com/cgibin/foros.cgi?f...omic?leer=18727

Translation:

"Eddie Brock, Friday, 1 July 2005 at 16:38.

In usa it's edited by DC COmics under Vertigo. What interests you is that Planeta de Agostini plans to reedit it from issue 1 the last quarter of this year, I don't remember the exact month"

But I do: November. First tpb in Spain: numbers 1 and 2.

YESSSS! YESSSSSS!

Number 1 to 60!!! Oh please oh please!!! PLEASE!!!

You have no idea how lucky you are (at least where comics are involved). Do you know who got the rights to publish Vertigo comics in Latin America? Well, it looks like no one did. Nadie. No more Vertigo comics for the Spanish-speaking Latin American types.

The good side of the story is that I won't be spending as much money as I used to. The bad side of the story is that I'd gladly spend that money. Farewell Hellblazer, Fables, Lucifer, Animal Man, Y the Last Man. Hello, occasional downloads.

You have no idea how lucky you are (at least where comics are involved).  Do you know who got the rights to publish Vertigo comics in Latin America? Well, it looks like no one did. Nadie. No more Vertigo comics for the Spanish-speaking Latin American types.

The good side of the story is that I won't be spending as much money as I used to. The bad side of the story is that I'd gladly spend that money. Farewell Hellblazer, Fables, Lucifer, Animal Man, Y the Last Man. Hello, occasional downloads.

Qué cabrones. But are you really sure? It isn't logical at all! I say: Wait. Paciencia. I'm sure the editors won't dismiss such a Big piece of cake. And if they do, it's time to become an editor.

EDITED: Grupo Planeta works in Latinoamérica. It doesn't mean they are going to edit DC there, but the possibility exists... I really hope they will.

Hey! I thought I was the only Spaniard in this Forum!

Glad to see more people in here :D

About HB comic books in Spain, it's a shame, I swear it. Zinco published the first five numbers by Delano, and they left the saga about the Crusade and The Damnation's Army in Half. And since no one in the States seems to be editing Delano's run completely, I'll never read his stories.

The good thing is, that we have all Ennis and Jenkins completed, and I think Ellis' run is published too.

Still I prefer to buy the book in English: you know, when you read Ennis in english, everyone talks with a different slang. And the translation to Spanish doesnt get the idioms. A pity, is what it is.

Still I prefer to buy the book in English: you know, when you read Ennis in english, everyone talks with a different slang. And the translation to Spanish doesnt get the idioms. A pity, is what it is.

For sure, but you know, normal european people read in English, and mediterranean people is not normal european people...

But, here is the NEWS in Spain:

Hellblazer 1 & 2

Hellblazer: Cara a la pared

http://www1.dreamers.com/comic/Planeta/DC_Comics/Vertigo

Enjoy. I hope my girlfriend will be taking them for me... Man I want to go back to Spain :icon_cry: . I don't have enough money for comics here, I need to eat, fucking food...

The good thing is, that we have all Ennis and Jenkins completed, and I think Ellis' run is published too.

You have *Jenkins* trades in Spain? Wow. How's the translation? I understand some Spanish, maybe I should get them in Spanish? I prefer the original versions to translations by far, but if the original version is permanently unavailable....

# 2: CARA A LA PARED

# 1: TERCEROS MUNDOS 

What do they translate to? Also, are they just printing the second and third Carey trades and missing out the first one?

The entry labeled #1 looks like Third Worlds, but that's the easier one.

Yep, Babelfish confirms it.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

It says the #2 entry is:

FACE To The WALL

So that would be Staring at the Wall.

:) Well done Josh!!!

James: No, no, they are releasing all trades of Carey, little by little, but the editors include more than one arc in each TPB. For example, in Terceros Mundos (Third Worlds) you can find also "The Game of Cat and Mouse", "Black Flowers", and "Third Worlds" (of course). I suppose it is the same content than in your "Black Flowers" TPB, but changing the title.

One day I have to tell you what we are missing in Spain... For example, I think that no issues of Warren Ellis have appeared in my country.

Guest John C.
# 2: CARA A LA PARED

# 1: TERCEROS MUNDOS 

What do they translate to? Also, are they just printing the second and third Carey trades and missing out the first one?

The first Carey trade (Red Sepulcre) was published by the previous publishing house(editorial) that had the rights of dc comics.

Joder, chicos.

Let's see what I am losing for being here in Belgium:

Hellblazer, the regular series:

From 1 to 5

In the American version they are from 1 to 10, c'mon, the first ten issues of HB and I am here!!! And my girlfriend says "I'm not going to take them for you, why, you are coming back in a couple of weeks!"

AAARGH!

Hellblazer: Via Crucis

(From 194 to 199)

ARGH!

Constantine: the official adaptation

Well that's not so... But anyway.

Plus Lo Mejor de Vertigo, a recopilation of some stuff like some issues of HB, Doom Patrol, things like that

And Black Orchid. Planeta wants all my money :icon_cry:

this is for the guy who complained about vertigo not being published in latin america...i dont know ehre in latin america are you from.but i am from argentina and it sucks that we can only get HB or any of vertigo imports.

Though DC is being edited here,so far they have edited identity crisis, superman/batman a few more....but no vertigo....AND THAT SUCKS!!!.i am tired of downloading comics,haha