JohnMcMahon

Tommy ?

Excerpt from one of them bloody foreign interviews of Garth Ennis -

http://www.actuabd.com/article.php3?id_article=2273

Question : Are you still attached to Hitman and Preacher, two titles that made your reputation in the beginning of your career?

Ennis : Yes, very much, especially Hitman...I will certainly use an unused storyline of Hitman for the Justice League title next year ( 2005).

Excerpt from one of them bloody foreign interviews of Garth Ennis -

http://www.actuabd.com/article.php3?id_article=2273

Question : Are you still attached to Hitman and Preacher, two titles that made your reputation in the beginning of your career?

Ennis : Yes, very much, especially Hitman...I will certainly use an unused storyline of Hitman for the Justice League title next year ( 2005).

I just wish they'd bring out the rest of Hitman in trades, damnit!

Excerpt from one of them bloody , very much, especially Hitman...I will certainly use an unused storyline of Hitman for the Justice League title next year ( 2005).

So, would this suggest that Ennis will be doing a JLC arc some time after Ellis' six-parter? It'd make sense...

I'd imagine so - this is the best comics news I've heard in ages, I've reread the entire Hitman story at least a dozen times, probably my favourite ever comic series (including Watchmen et all).

I'd hope that DC would use this as an opportunity to get the old Hitman trades back into print as well as collecting the rest of the series.

I really, really want to read Hitman. From the issues I've seen, it's the one series where all those things about Ennis' writing which bug me on Hellblazer and post-'Gone To Texas' Preacher come together and make perfect sense.

James picked up a load of trades in London last year but even then one of them was out of print so there's a big hole between the books that he was able to get.

I agree with what you said there Mark - the various women that pop up in Hitman go a long way to making up for the botched Tulip story in Preacher and the ending...perfect.

Ironically, John's last post more or less removes the point of putting Tom's comment in spoiler tags in the first place. Nice one, fella! ;)

Ironically, John's last post more or less removes the point of putting Tom's comment in spoiler tags in the first place. Nice one, fella! ;)

:lol:

Just want to add my 2 cents and express my love for Hitman, it's probably the best series that Ennis has written and oddly the crossovers with the mainstream DCU are amongst the best of the issues when normally you'd expect a book like this to be dragged down by such things.

The bit with Green Lantern in Noonans is priceless.

"Hey everybody its, GREEN LANTERN" I loved that bit. I have a small gap in my collection. I just need 21-#33,#43 and I will have all the issues. I'v read up to 20, and need to read the rest of my Gotham Knights issues.

DC tends to have a problem with trading stuff. They tend to be either very late or make things go out of print. (I hate them for what they did to Nightwing. I dont understand why they took "Rough Justice" out of print, and not the first trade. It doesnt make any sense, and Not only that, But it leaves a Gap in my collection. I have all the trades But Rough Justice and the Hunt for oracle. DC caused Amazon to act like fuck heads, and made me wait 5 months just for them to figure out it's out of print.)

I suspect he'll literally only be using the plot, and not any of the Hitman characters.

It was an incredible series, though.

No.

It'll be six issues of Tommy & company shooting stuff with a single panel of the JLA looking on disapprovingly like.

Didn't Tommy try out for the JLA ?

Excellent! Oh I would love to see Tommy again, especially fuckin' it up with the JLA!

I don't remember that issue! Which one did that happen in? I ought to re-read it...

It was during Morrison's run, when they had the recruiting "drive" that got Aztek to briefly join the JLA...Tommy's there for a second, doesn't get the vote, and leaves happy they he got use his x-ray when meeting Wonder Woman.

For me, Hitman was where Ennis REALLY shines as a truly good comic writer...my favorite arc was "Who Dares Wins." Ennis takes what was just a single page joke in an earlier issue and turns it into one of the most powerful stories I've ever read in the funnybooks about brotherhood, loyalty, honor and bretrayal. Great, great stuff...and sadly, the last arc collected into trade format by DC.

And signaling Catwoman by tossing a cat's carcass onto a spotlight is dead fucking funny.

It was during Morrison's run, when they had the recruiting "drive" that got Aztek to briefly join the JLA...Tommy's there for a second, doesn't get the vote, and leaves happy they he got use his x-ray when meeting Wonder Woman.

Cool. Aside from Demon and that Contagion story, I didn't know that Tommy appeared in anything other than Hitman and the Hitman specials.

Did he make any other appearances?

I don't recall seeing him in any other titles, James...which is a shame, really.

Urgh...I forgot all about Damage, and I wish I could all over again.

Never read Hitman (feels like I'm missing out now), but I'm alternately excited and frustrated by the news that Ennis is doing a stint on Justice League Classified.

Excited, because hey, it's Garth Ennis and it's the Justice League. What is there not to like?

Frustrated because I really didn't want to buy this title every month, just when there was a good writer on it. Now it's Morrison, Giffen & DeMatteis, Ellis, Ennis, That's probably up to #21 for a title I wasn't going to buy. Aaaargh.