JohnMcMahon

Interesting article on comic ordering

I thought that was going to be dull, so was planning to skim through it briefly...suddenly I've read the entire article. Surprisingly interesting stuff.

If I hadn't been at my cousin's wedding in Germany back in August, during the week interviews took place, I'd probably be working in a comics shop in Newcastle right now (according to the bloke in the shop, they nearly hired me on the basis of knowing me and reading my application form anyway). I was gutted to miss out at the time, but I think I actually did quite well out of the situation long-term. I'm enjoying life here in Nodnol more than I'd expected.

Hellblazer All His Engines HC is my first real stop, pause and scratch my head book of the month. We sell about 40 copies of the monthly comic, and TPs range from +1 to +6 on subs. The 3 page preview looks fine, but OGN HCs are a really hard sell unless there is something special about them. I sold more than 100 copies of Sandman: Endless Nights in HC, after all, but on a Hellblazer OGN HC it is a different story. I’m going to use subs as my guide, but proportionately so. If I only get the 1 sub I think we’ll draw, then it will be +2. If I get a half a dozen, then +6-10.

interesting article!

Yes! I found it interesting that this store sells 40 COPIES of Hellblazer each month!!!

Every comic shop I've visited (Toronto area, Flint,Michigan), the most they sell on H.B. each month is 6 copies.