A. Heathen

Constanteen Poll (Round 2)

24 members have voted

1. 1. Constanteen Poll (Round 2)

• I am getting more likely to see this film
    • I am getting less likely to see this film
    • PG13 NO! R maybe
    • "I [HEART] the gr8 Shia, thiz flm 'll ROXXX !" OR "I am a Keanu fan, and so will see the film at least seven times, but they shouldn't have done that to Hellblazer"
    • They made a film of Constantine ? I have been in a coma

Modified poll, bottom choice from previous round removed (it failed to out Warners people anyway) and top choice disqualified because there can be only one Tom.

I will still see this film. I am no more likely to see it than when it was announced--I will have to see this film so I can offer some sort of coherent analysis for people who liked it and might be interested in the comic.

I think most, if not all of us, are going to watch this movie. It's sad that they had to defile Hellblazer to make it........cos otherwise I suspect many of us would perhaps even have Enjoyed it.

I think most, if not all of us, are going to watch this movie.

Why? I really can't understand why Hellblazer fans would pay to see this (excuse me, Tom) piece-of-shit movie. If you think your favourite character has been fucked-over - DON'T GIVE THE FUCKERS WHO DID IT YOUR MONEY!

It's very, very simple, people. You don't need to see this film. You don't want to see this film. You won't enjoy this film. If you're curious, check it out on video/DVD/illegal download. Please?

I'll not likely go to the flicks to see it, but if the lass upstairs get the pirate DVD I'll borrow it, then make her read the damn books.

I wonder if this movie was released without the Hellblazer involvements, but just on itself, would you have noticed the links with hellblazer if you saw it? I think so. I think you would think the ambiance was Hellblazerish and the character was stolen from yer beloved comics.

At least a little. Not? :unsure:

I wonder if this movie was released without the Hellblazer involvements, but just on itself, would you have noticed the links with hellblazer if you saw it? I think so.  I think you would think the ambiance was Hellblazerish and the character was stolen from yer beloved comics.

At least a little. Not? :unsure:

Maybe there would be character familiarity, but how is the ambiance at all similar to Hellblazer? The show will have people jabbering on cell phones in SUVs in LA, and being blown through a characterless new highrise building. Doesn't sound much like HB's dark, low tech environs.

I wonder if this movie was released without the Hellblazer involvements, but just on itself, would you have noticed the links with hellblazer if you saw it? I think so.

Well you ain't read the script.

Aside from two scenes taken almost verbatim from the comic (Constantine trapping a bug under a glass and suffocating it with cig smoke, the argument with Gabriel) and the cancer subplot there's no connection to the comic. If you removed those scenes and changed the name of the characters, I wouldn't have been able to see the connection

I think you would think the ambiance was Hellblazerish and the character was stolen from yer beloved comics.

"Beloved comics," eh? Do I detect some discontent?

The ambiance is not "Hellblazerish", the universe in which it is set is almost completely at odds to the one laid out in Hellblazer and Keanu's character is nothing like our "beloved" Constantine at all. Our Constantine does not shoot his way out of problems (at least, not regularly enough to warrant a trademarked sidearm). Our Constantine does not hang around with teenage sidekicks. Our Constantine does not have super demon detecting powers. Our Constantine does not go travel to Hell in a bucket of water. Our Constantine does not pray to God. Our God is not a repentant Catholic. Our Constantine is smart enough to come up with his own plans rather than rely on divine inspiration.

Why? I really can't understand why Hellblazer fans would pay to see this (excuse me, Tom) piece-of-shit movie. If you think your favourite character has been fucked-over - DON'T GIVE THE FUCKERS WHO DID IT YOUR MONEY!

It's very, very simple, people. You don't need to see this film. You don't want to see this film. You won't enjoy this film. If you're curious, check it out on video/DVD/illegal download. Please?

I think your entirely right mark, why give them your money? Thats money you could save and buy the next issue of HellBlazer with, which by all accounts will be Johnny C as you know and love him.

you misunderstand, Mark.

When I say most of us are going to see it - I most definitely do not mean pay to see it. You must think I'm crazy!!! I'm terribly hurt that you have me down as someone who would Pay to see Constanteen :(

what i mean is that most of us are going to see it when it comes on TV or some other free medium.

I demand an apology :angry:

Ah yes....good ol Hellblazerish ambiance....New candle scent, anyone?!

James-The scene with the bug under the glass wasn't exactly the most noteworthy, memorable scene from the comic. So, I don't think most H.B. readers could even connect the film to the comic by THAT scene. So, that leaves 1 scene, and a cancer plot (I think I might've seen one or two other movies where the protagonist contracts cancer though, but I canna be sure). Hellblazerish, indeed! BAH!

Oh, and I didn't hear about the "Daemonic Sense" yet! Is there a fuzzy buzzing sensation in his head everytime he gets around a demon? And, does he shoot out some webbing in the direction his "Daemonic Sense" tells him?!

I voted for the "I didn't know they were making this movie!" answer.

That's my official answer, and will remain my answer for eternity!

I refuse to acknowledge that this movie exists, although subconciously I may talk about it on this Forum or with my girlfriend.

I will NOT see it, NOR will I ever read the comic adaptation.

For me, IT'S ALREADY DEAD! (sob, sob, sob....)

Guest Guest

"These are not the droids you're looking for... You can go about your business... Move along..."

Someone will always have "the pirated version". So anyone wanting watch this flick in secret while loudly protesting on the outside can do so..but you didn't here it from me.

Pah, I'll see it in the cinema. I share all of your dislikes of what they've done, but 1) I'm curious, 2)It's not that much money, and 3) If I try to forget the HB link, the film might be entertaining.

Oh, and I didn't hear about the "Daemonic Sense" yet! Is there a fuzzy buzzing sensation in his head everytime he gets around a demon? And, does he shoot out some webbing in the direction his "Daemonic Sense" tells him?!

:lol:

I demand an apology  :angry:

Never apologize, never explain.

:p

Anyway, I'm sure enough people from around here will see this in the cinema, and will then be grumbling about it on here for ages afterwards. We'll see.

Shanice - if the film wasn't based on Hellblazer I really wouldn't care about it one way or another. It'd just look like another Keanu Reeves vehicle, and given my general apathy towards the 'Man O' Pine' as a screen actor, I'd have shrugged my shoulders, gone 'meh' and never thought of it again. Unless reviews/friends told me it was worth seeing, in which case I'd watch it and make my own mind up. Which, incidentally, I'll still be prepared to do in the (at this stage, unlikely) event that 'Constantine' turns out to be a good film. Trouble is, a variety of people whose opinions on such matters I trust have suggested to me that it probably won't be. Also, given that it is such a 'loose' translation of a character I'm extremely fond of, it'll have to be better than 'average' just to overcome my frustration at the misrepresentation of JC. Does that make me a geeky fanboy? Eehhhh....probably, but what the hell. If the cap fits...