37 members have voted

1. 1. What size shirt do you want ?

• X-tra Small
    • Small
    • Medium
    • Large
    • Extra Large
    • Extra Exta Large

Do we need to put our names down here if we're already down in the other thread?

Feel free to delete this post and edit the first one with the info if you want to keep this thread clear of clutter.

EDIT: Gah, I'm an idiot. Just checked out the link - yes, we do. Sorry...

Medium shirt for me, please.

Edited by Mark

So I put it large for me... and I found a problem. I live some thousands of kilometres down of you (no, not with the Morlocks, I mean in the paralell of more down, oh God you know what I mean), but it's ok because I'll go to London in December, and maybe I'll be able to reach even Bangor (Wales). That's near of Ireland, so can anyone make an appointment with me and bring it or something? Or am I speaking too soon? There's time enough 'till December...

You may end up having to pay an extra quid or two if you're in the literal arse end of nowhere but we'll sort that out later.

The important thing is to hit the poll and then re-express your preference here so we know who gets what.

(The poll numbers WILL be the final numbers, saves having to pick numbers out from individual posts - if you want more than one, e-mail me at jmcmahon@iol.ie).

Oh and these are US sizes so bear that in mind.

why, is US size M larger than the european? (Supersize Me style? :p)

Err...yes, actually. To be honest, I might be better off with a small...

Guest spiderlegs
:mad: :icon_redface: Bradstreet wants a 2x. They grow us big over here, what do you want? My shoulders are so broad, I have to walk through a door sideways. Hey! I don't get no respect.

Put me down for an XL......I'm completely broke now, mind you, but I hope to remedy this soon.

I'll have a Large. Would it be easier for US residents to send Spiderlegs a check (cheque) in the mail or will there be some kind of PayPal account?

I added extra-extra large and tagged one for Tim.

Payment wise I'm hoping it'll be me giving credit card details to the company responsible and then getting the money back off you lot - seems the easiest way of doing things.

I'd like a small, John. Can't disagree with Pooka though... XS wouldn't be wrong if it's an American size. :biggrin:

Payment wise I'm hoping it'll be me giving credit card details to the company responsible and then getting the money back off you lot - seems the easiest way of doing things.

Would it be easier for those of us that live in the same general region as Spiderlegs just deal with him personally. I don't know if that would be easier for Spiderlegs himself as that might take up even more of the valuable personal time than he's already put into this project.

Guest spiderlegs
Would it be easier for those of us that live in the same general region as Spiderlegs just deal with him personally.  I don't know if that would be easier for Spiderlegs himself as that might take up even more of the valuable personal time than he's already put into this project.

I'll deal with the financial part in whatever fashion on which we all agree. I will say that I have a bit of trepidation when dealing with sums of money flying at me from various points in the Americas. Should we set up a Pay-Pal account or something? I know some of us are skeptical of putting our credit cards online. This really is a rather complicated issue. I had sort of thought what John had posted earlier. That would mean that we all are on the honor system. Or, if there is a more workable system, I'm up for it.

I still haven't gotten the quote because I woke up and saw this poll and thought I'd give it a couple of days until we got a good count. But I have done some research and went to a site where you can enter random figures for a ballpark estimate. I discovered that the ideal scenario has us all (everyone on the board) getting the same size shirt. That's dirt cheap. But since that's not happening, the next scenario is one that I don't enjoy:

timmm.jpg

I'm worried we might have to lose a color. Screen printing works alot like spot color printing, in that you have set colors of inks which don't mix together (unlike 4 color process which mixes the 4 colors of inks: Cyan Magenta Yellow and Black) but are lain down on top of one another. The front image is CMYK, but looks a little like a 2 color: black and red (though we might go with a darker grey/charcoal) "duotone." The image is actually more complicated than that, but screen technology is not great with duotones. The red, while a visually dynamic design element, is most visibly in the band name, so, for its a mount of surface area, we'll be paying comparatively quite a bit for the red words "Mucous Membrane." But, what I mean by duotone is that the overall image looks like a mixture of the red and black. But, if we make the image just a greyscale halftone, it could save $$. I'm not there yet, though. It is my intent to remain faithful to the artist's interpretation as closely as possible.

But at this point, it's looming as a potential fiscal conundrum.

As for the halftone screen, I refer you to these links which explain the basics of screen printing, and how to determine lines per inch, dot gain, frequency, and angle, which is what I am currently doing:

http://www.images-magazine.com/scottartoctnov_01.htm

http://www.images-magazine.com/scottartoctnov_00.htm

And at this point, I hope the designer steps in and offers his opinion, eh, Tim? Keep in mind, the image on the shirt won't be as detailed as the image you see here because it will be converted to a halftone and because of the thickness of the ink. Also, I'm not discouraging using the red. When I get some concrete numbers, I will get quotes on a few different combinations (i.e. 2 color front/1 color back--the back is easy).

text.layout.Tback.gif

The dates have changed.

Once I get the quotes which can be realistically considered, I will post them and we can start a new poll. Keep in mind that time is beginning to become critical: my goal is to have these in John's hands by the time you guys hit Bristol. That's a month away. That means we should realistically be going to print sometime next week at the latest, or wrestle whether to consider rush charges (though I imagine that would get vetoed since most of us won't be in Bristol).

So, good people, I implore you to keep up with this thread because when it's time to pull the trigger, it shall be pulled after careful consideration, though without the least hesitation.