mattpeckham

SF Site: A Conversation with Mike Carey

Excellent interview, Matt. highly informative, and i liked hearing someone prod Mr. Carey a bit more about J.C. (or Lucifer, for that matter), than it's usually done in the CBR/Newsarama interviews... a job well done, mate!

In comics, I've got the Hellblazer OGN coming out in February, and later on in 2005 two more OGNs -- one for the Sandman Presents series with John Bolton, the other a Carey/Liew/Hempel extravaganza that I can't talk about yet. Wetworks is debuting in (I think) March. I'm hopefully doing another mini-series for Marvel next year. A Superman arc is in the can, a Batman (Legends of the Dark Knight) arc ten pages short of complete. I've got the Neverwhere adaptation coming out next year.

Cool exciting new stuff on it's way! Yes!

And is Mike Carey slowly becoming the entirety of DC?

MC. Sounds pikeyer than DC.

Or MCDC? Which sounds too much like a rock band

My last encounter with Lucifer was in the pages of the Sandman, and I've only just started collecting the Lucifer trades, and am wary of spoilers - is it safe to read the interview, or should I avoid for the time being?

There's a bit of a spoiler for Mansions of the Silence, but it's very minor (even if it sounds important).

Wow! Mike Carey may be the busiest writer in comics today!

Another "Sandman Presents" OGN with John Bolton, eh? Should be good!

Marc Hempel is also very good.

Mike Carey writing a "Legends of the Dark Knight" story-arc?! This is GREAT news!!! Could be a return to greatness for LOTDK!

I'm not sure....they are sort of stretching it...

I was glad to see that "The Furies" tackled Lyta Hall as her story really needed to be completed.

You know who I'd really like to see a "Sandman Presents" about? Well, my two favourite characters from Sandman besides Morpheus were Matthew the Raven and Hob Gadling. I thought the best thing to come from the "Dreaming" once Kiernan took over the book was the "UnKindness of One" story-arc.I'm just not sure that Matthew really has any stories left to tell....

I always related to Hob. I would really love to see it be a story about Hob Gadling!

Maybe they could do a story about one of them though?

Mike Carey writing a "Legends of the Dark Knight" story-arc?! This is GREAT news!!! Could be a return to greatness for LOTDK!

A man can dream, eh, Farnsworth? A man can dream...

Looking forwar d to some of the things mentioned in that interview, though. Nice one...thanks for the link.

A man can dream, eh, Farnsworth? A man can dream...

:)

one of my fave episodes : "what if Prof. Farnsworth invented the finger-longer...?"