andy

Artwork for the Constanteen DVD

Supposedly out around the end of June/beginning of July. Lots of deleted scenes. It looks like most of the extras are of the 'making of' variety but there's something on the disc called 'Conjuring John Constantine' which I hope is a discussion on the rational behind the changes that occurred from the comic to the screen. I hope the book gets some kind of mention in the morass of the masturbatory special feature section.

The blurb on the back is awful, though:

John Constantine sees demons walk the earth, and he aims to do something to send them back to hell!

As Constantine, The Matrix's Keanu Reeves fights a new otherworld foe in this eye-opening supernatural thriller based on characters from the DC COmics/Vertigo Hellblazer graphic novels and set in a City of the Angels where spirit-world bounds have broken... and all hell is breaking loose.

Holy water, A dragon's breath flamethrower. A shotgun crafted from a crucifix. Armed with these and assisted by an intrepid cop (Rachel Weisz), John Constantine is a spiritual warrior gone to apocalyptic war. Be glad he's on your side.

Ewwww.

I'm a bit surprised that there isn't a director's commentary there. I would think that Francis Lawrence would be chomping at the bit to one being that this is first first film and all.

Once again, someone forgot to advise Warners' marketing department of the "it's not an action movie" bullshit.

I have NO interest in this product whatsoever.

I'm a bit surprised that there isn't a director's commentary there.  I would think that Francis Lawrence would be chomping at the bit to one being that this is first first film and all.

Not all directors should have commentaries--some of them are dull, some of them are infuriating.

I'm a bit surprised that there isn't a director's commentary there.  I would think that Francis Lawrence would be chomping at the bit to one being that this is first first film and all.

It's been said that they will release a two disc DVD with commentary and BTS material in US too, because the German and the Asian edition, already announced, have a second disc with plenty Special Features.

http://www4.cdwow.ie/detail_results_2.php?product_code=17738

What awful blurb. I don't see how gibbering about Hellblazer, Blade Runner (where the fuck did that connection come from? surely it's more than a vague idea of genre-noir?) and "spiritual warriors" is going to appeal to Constantine's core audience of action-adventure fans.

Great front cover, though. A fucksite better than the UK posters.

"A Writer's Vision (Easter egg)"

Ho-Ho-Ho.

I'm sure the blurb from Time put a smile on Tears' face anyway.

Well... I heard a rumor that that was a small 1 minute animation done by the writer while writing the 45th draft.... But I could be wrong

You people have converted me. I saw the movie, thought it was cool, even though I knew it was way different than the comic, and was going to buy the DVD. Then I read the comic, and realized I was wrong. Now I'm not sure if I really want to buy the DVD. However, it might be worth it if they have the audio in different languages.

Now I'm not sure if I really want to buy the DVD. However, it might be worth it if they have the audio in different languages.

My copies of LOTR Special Editions Box Set thignies paid themselves in laughs alone, when i found out how to turn on the Czech lip-sync... :lol:

Guest spiderlegs

I didn't even keep the version I downloaded. I'm certainly not paying for this aluminum foil wrapped turd. Mmmmm, it looks like a burrito, but dooooon't bite it! Har har... :icon_rolleyes:

Welcome to the 21st Century where even bad movies will never be forgotten...

You people have converted me. I saw the movie, thought it was cool, even though I knew it was way different than the comic, and was going to buy the DVD. Then I read the comic, and realized I was wrong. Now I'm not sure if I really want to buy the DVD. However, it might be worth it if they have the audio in different languages.

These are not the droids you're looking for...

These are not the droids you;re looking for...

Move along..

Move along...

Not all directors should have commentaries--some of them are dull, some of them are infuriating.

I would say that most of the dvd commentaries are dull and I would expect pretty much the same "we shot this scene first" type of stuff from Lawrence but there might be some interesting bits of information from producer Laura Donner about the genesis of the film and perhaps some talk about the law suit from Tarsem if she did a commentary, although I somehow doubt it.

This is something I'll buy just for the extras. There will be a 'from comic to film' short doc which should be interesting. Also worth noting the reprint of #41 in there. I also wonder what the short story is--Jamie Delano's prose piece from the Hellblazer special? Or the more unlikely prospect of something original from Carey or even Mina?

The image won't load, Andy. If you can see it, it's because it's in your cache. Could you upload the image to anywhere else on the internet?