Mark

Would you like Tim Bradstreet to illustrate HB?

Well? Would you?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Well? Would you?

• Fuck, aye!
    • Not really bothered, to be honest.
    • Shit, no!

In answer to the poll question. Oh Yes!

Not that I would want Tim to stop doing the covers, (they look so good on my wall) but I would love him to do an issue or five!

Gah. That was actually quite obvious. If it's any consolation, I've been drinking whisky all night, and am currently swaying gently at my desk. Sorry...

EDIT: Yes, even my girlfriend, who doesn't even read HB regularly, figured out who that was at a quick glance, based solely on what I've told her about recent events in the title. Clearly, I'm just a drunken fool.

Tim, I love how you used John's silhouette to frame the army of hell (Easterlings?) behind the evil family. And no worries, I knew it was Rosacarnis 8-)

Here's a closer look at 211. I'll post 212 after it's been given final approval at DC.

- TB

Sorry it's kind of crap quality, I'm running out of space in my attachment controls.

that's a damn fine cover!

My vote: Fuck yes!

Tim, that cover is wicked, and I like the outline of John in the background.

Sweet sex on a saccharine slip and slide, that cover to 211 is FABULOUS!

Tim dear, you never cease to amaze.

And props to your models as well. Damn, they be some pretty peoples. ;)

Thanks folks.

The Girl that is posing as Rosacarnis is someone I've been considering for Gemma.

She has been so involved with the stories since Carey started I thought now would be a good time for a regular look. When she sent me these shots (with the vinyl pvc, whatever) I knew she had to be Rosa for this issue at least. I hope to use her as Gemma in the future and would have already except there has not been any real reason to do something specific with her yet. We'll see what Carey's next 4 issues have in store. Not sure how much she will be involved during Mina's run so it's wait and see.

Cheers - Tim

PS - That picture (of Rosacarnis) was shot by another fella (can't remember his name off the top of my head). Kerry (the model) works with other pro photographers all the time. This cat was generous enough to let me do my thing with his work, and both Kerry and the photographer were tickled pink with the results (thankfully).

This is a very difficult subject to talk about, just ask my wife. Like any artist who takes pictures of beautiful women, there is temptation to taste the forbidden fruit. You are in a photo shoot, you have someone in front of you who is flattering you no end, your wife is out of town . . .

There is something about posing in front of a camera that just trips a trigger. There is an eroticism going on, an almost audible arc of electricity. Then the model says, "How about if I take the jacket off for a few?" Cool, take the jacket off. Then "What if we shot her in a more intimate environment, like say her bedroom?" Sure, yes, we should shoot some stuff in a more intimate setting. "How about if she's just wearing what she might if she was hanging out in her room?" . . .

I can see that, it makes sense. "Ok, I'll slip out of my jeans". And the clothes keep coming off like some insane game of strip poker where the other player is losing every hand on purpose. Temptation rises to a crescendo, and before you know it, your clothes are coming off too and the sky's the limit. Untold carnal pleasure is knocking at your door.

Were you actually buying that?

Sorry, couldn't resist, though I could tell you some REAL stories that would curl your teeth.

But 'ol Streety-pie is a professional. No hanky-panky. Especially with models.

The truth is I've never had a specific model for Gemma. When I've used her on past covers I've had to find stuff that could work. Shots I have, shots I've obtained elsewhere. Because that was growing tiresome and I felt she needed a consistent look, I felt it appropriate to enlist someone.

I'd have done this earlier in Carey's run but I wasn't sure how much Gemma was going to continue to be a regular character. In most arcs she was peripheral, so from a cover standpoint she didn't need to have a more active presence than a vignette. If Gemma continues in the storylines then Kerry will become Gemma.

- TB

Well, I laughed.

I'm just trying to remember how many covers Gemma has actually appeared on since Mike's run began. There was a small headshot on #177, prominent appearance on #180, headshots again on #187 and #188, then again on #205. I think that's all of them, anyway...glancing back over them, it would appear that at least 2 or 3 different models were used, so a new 'permanent' Gemma model would be a good idea, if she's going to continue being a regularly recurring character.

I have no idea what lies in store, of course, but given how well Mina writes female characters in her novels, I'd be quite happy to see Gemma continue to play a prominent role once Mike's left the title.

:ph34r: Dang, Tim, you had me goin' there.

I thought Chris was gonna have to go and cough up his title.

What's all this about Tim NOT illustrating an issue of HB? When did that happen?

I voted "Fuck, aye!", naturally....

oh, and the cover for #211 is a bit differenty to the covers previously seen on HB - are you experimenting again, Tim?

The cover reminds me of Y, The Last man covers, for some reason...

Great covers, Tim. I used that attachment thing with all the recent and later issues as my new background picture. Best background yet. I'd love to see you doing interiors, but maybe every once and a while because I am in love with Manco right now. But other than that, Hell Yea I'd love to see you doing interiors.

This is a very difficult subject to talk about, just ask my wife.

I was having Taxicab Confessions flashbacks, Timbo! :D You are quite evil. Quite. But that's a good thing. :biggrin:

This is a very difficult subject to talk about, just ask my wife.

You think that's difficult - after seeing the cover to #211, I'm now going to have to explain to the missus why, after 14 years in the comics wilderness, I'm buying comics about beautiful young women in bondage gear!

*note to self - don't leave Daddy's comics lying around on coffee table.

As for a TB one off - Fuck, aye! I've just started getting hellblazer again after stopping at the end of Delano's run (just one more bad decision in my life), I've managed to get back issues from #195 (except #201) plus caught up on some of the graphic novels and I have to say I think TBs covers are just the dogs bollox - the present story lines and manco's art are both superb as well, I've returned to the fold my fellow brethren.

----------

Johnny

I´ve not voted yet (because I can´t complain the whole comics, covers etc. and I only own the Ennis HB Run. If Tim would make a Hellblazer story it would be kind like ALEX ROSS! Yes, it´s great work but I´m oldschool! No photo´s inside!I never was or will be interested in Photocomics! But I´ve to say for covers they´re brilliant.

Throw your stones on me but I hope I´ll survive!It´s not against Tim it´s about a comic in Photoart or something like that...and if then take the whole and make a graphic novel (that´s what it is and it´s more art than comic)!

But don´t listen to me I´m a TOP COW fan!

If you feel that way, then vote "no". Nobody's going to judge you (well, some people might, but they'd be arseholes. So ignore them) just for having an opinion which differs from theirs.

On a slightly related note, I *almost* convinced a friend of mine to dress up as PVC Rosacarnis at Comic Con. She was on board until she noticed the woman's not wearing pants, just PVC panties :biggrin:

Good suggestion, I should try that since I did get her to agree to be Zatanna to my Conj and our Tim Hunter, and Zee's trademark get-up's not that much different!