Christian

Starman Discussion

Keep going spider! It gets LOTS BETTER!

I'm almost finished with the whole series, Rogan! I better get busy!

You disappeared, and we feared you were missing....

Hey! So, you've read the new "Hawkman" series now, Rogan?!

UPDATE:I am now finished with the "Starman" series. I'm sorry that it's over. I really, really loved it! It was the most mature and realistic mainstream superhero title, no doubt. One of my all-time favourite comic series!

Yeah, I'd have to say it was the best title to come out of DC, which is hard to say because of my huge adoration of DeMatteis' "Dr. Fate" series in the 80s; but I decided that Dr. Fate was 25 issues long, while "Starman" was 80+ issues, so it's hard to compare the two. "Starman" must come out on top for sheer fact of more GOODNESS!

Soon, I will get around to posting my thoughts on the rest of the series. I did not find many issues to be weak. Almost every issue was above average.

I even really enjoyed the majority of the space epic. I thought it went a BIT too long, and there were a few weak issues (Jack Knight dies being the worst!), but overall even the space epic was a lovely tale.

Rogan-So, Robinson never returned to his "Starman" world again, like he said he probably would in his final issue essay??

Might be best if we never go back though....sometimes it can be depressing and a huge let-down when that happens.

there's still talks (every year or so) on doing that one-shot about Jack Knight going to Japan, and stuff... but Robinson's busy writing bad movie scripts, and Tony Harris is probably pushing his limits while doing Ex Machina (which i heartily recommend to you, after just reading #6), and i wouldn't let Peter Snejbjerg near a pencil and a piece of paper EVER AGAIN, if it were up to me, so it's put on hold indefinately.

I love Starman but have been pickingb iot up in trade . Loved the last one I hear the last one is comming out in 05 . It will ber sad to read that last page .

yeah, i am 2 trades behind, but i will order them through a friend ASAP. will be nice to have the entire series available in paper form, to borrow to people who start bitcving about superheroes being bad...

There has been some noticable discussion on the boards of late about Starman. Some of it curiousity, and some admiration for the Jack Knight series. So here is a thread for us fans to discuss Starman.

Maybe those interested will learn something.

Have at it.

There has been some noticable discussion on the boards of late about Starman. Some of it curiousity, and some admiration for the Jack Knight series. So here is a thread for us fans to discuss Starman.

Maybe those interested will learn something.

Have at it.

This was my favorite book, but I had to stop buying comics before it ended. Great stuff!

Damn! Every thread in the Comics section seems to be talking about Starman!

Hey now! I recognize this thread! This was my "Starman" review thread....oh, the memories!

What is the "Knight's Past" thread that it says this is combined with?

Christian - continue with the reviews - c'mon, man, i sent you those cd's!!!

I should've been doing them in December....

I had to stop for health reasons and because I ended up being really busy in November.

By December, I didn't have as fresh a memory, but I had lots of time.

What I will have to do is go through the "Starman" discs again and make notes while I look through the issues again to refresh my memory.

So, it will take a bit to get this project going, but I will review the rest of "Starman". The series deserves it!

Damn! Every thread in the Comics section seems to be talking about Starman!

Hey now! I recognize this thread! This was my "Starman" review thread....oh, the memories!

What is the "Knight's Past" thread that it says this is combined with?

Sorry that was me. I forgot we had a thread about Starman. I started it because of Starman's popularity and some people on the boards were curious about the book.

Oh...no problem! I should've figured that out by reading the last page of this thread! I just confused because I saw a "Knight's Past" thread was combined with this one.

Oh, yeah.

A long time ago.

You probably knew it at the time.

I got through that entire series pretty quickly.

Usually I take a long time to read anything on the computer, because I prefer holding a book and the screen hurts my eyes, but I remember that I couldn't turn away from Starman for long.

Yeah...as you can see, the remainder of the reviews never happened, and with the way my memory has gotten, I barely even remember the stories...

Still, I remember it was a great series.

I mean, you can just tell that by how many exclamation points I used throughout this thread. I must've been very excited.

Ah, my bad, must've forgotten.

I love Starman, I just felt that the series got a huge kick in the groin when Harris left, and Snejbjerg couldn't quite live up to his impossibly high standards.