JohnMcMahon

Hellblazer in January 2005

Cover scans

HELLBLAZER #204

fhb204.jpg

Written by Mike Carey

Art by Leonardo Manco

Cover by Tim Bradstreet

"Reasons to be Cheerful," Part 3 of 4. John Constantine's demonic offspring - Adam, Maria and Saul - continue their vicious onslaught on those closest to the Hellblazer. But as John desperately tries to save his girlfriend, he leaves the door open for an attack on a beloved family member.

On sale Jan 26 o 32 pg, FC, $2.75 US o MATURE READERS 107

CONSTANTINE: THE OFFICIAL MOVIE ADAPTATION

conadapt.jpg

Written by Steven T. Seagle

Art and cover by Ron Randall & Jimmy Palmiotti

Photo cover

John Constantine is a man who has literally been to hell and back in the Warner Bros. Pictures film Constantine, a supernatural thriller based on the long-running hit DC Comics/VERTIGO HELLBLAZER graphic novels. When Constantine teams up with skeptical policewoman Angela Dodson to solve the mysterious suicide of her twin sister, their investigation takes them through the world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles. Caught in a catastrophic series of otherworldly events, the two become inextricably involved and seek to find their own peace at whatever cost.

On sale Jan 5 o Prestige Format o 64 pg, FC, $6.95 US

CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER COLLECTION TP

contpb.jpg

Written by Steven T. Seagle, Jamie Delano, Neil Gaiman and Garth Ennis

Art by Ron Randall, Jimmy Palmiotti, John Ridgway, Dave McKean, Will Simpson and Mark Pennington

Photo cover

A second collection celebrating the release of the Warner Bros. Pictures film Constantine, in theaters in February! CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER COLLECTION collects the official 64-page VERTIGO adaptation of the film along with three classic issues of JOHN CONSTANTINE: HELLBLAZER. Included are issue #11, which kicked off VERTIGO's longest-running series and set the tone for the character; #27, which brought SANDMAN creator Neil Gaiman and his longtime artistic collaborator Dave McKean to the title with a haunting story of fear and loneliness; and #41, which opens the "Dangerous Habits" storyline with Constantine discovering that he has lung cancer in "The Beginning of the End."

On sale Jan 5 o 168 pg, FC, $14.95 US o MATURE READERS

VERTIGO SECRET FILES: HELLBLAZER #1

Written by Jamie Delano and Brian Azzarello,

Art by Tim Bradstreet, Dave Taylor, Steve Dillon, Glenn Fabry, Sean Phillips and various

Cover by Phil Hale

A new printing coinciding with CONSTANTINE: THE OFFICIAL MOVIE ADAPTATION, this Special features two compelling tales of John Constantine by an all-star array of talent. Plus, interviews with HELLBLAZER writers, a dossier of character information, a HELLBLAZER timeline, and much more.

On sale Jan 5 o 48 pg, FC, $4.95 US o MATURE READERS

JOHN CONSTANTINE: HELLBLAZER - RARE CUTS TP

hbrc.jpg

Written by Jamie Delano, Grant Morrison and Garth Ennis

Art by Sean Phillips, David Lloyd, Richard Piers Rayner

and Mark Buckingham

Cover by Tim Bradstreet

To help celebrate the release of the Warner Bros. Pictures film Constantine in theaters in February, this January sees the release of this special trade paperback collection showcasing this enduring icon of horror and magic! RARE CUTS is a treat for longtime readers and newcomers alike, assembling six issues of JOHN CONSTANTINE: HELLBLAZER that have never before been collected. Created by some of the most popular and critically acclaimed writers and artists in comics, the issues featured include: #11, which relates the horrifying events of Newcastle, 1978, that ended with an innocent girl's soul condemned to Hell and Constantine confined to an asylum; #25-26, in which new weapons testing goes awry and looses terrible psychic impulses upon a dying northern town; #35, which tells a tale of Constantine's roughand- tumble childhood and the beginnings of his unique skills; #56, an object lesson in the perils of narcissism and doing deals with demons; and #84, which reveals the origin of Constantine's friendship with his best mate Chas. Also included in this trade paperback are informative pages from VERTIGO Secret Files: HELLBLAZER #1.

Cover scans Here

HELLBLAZER #204

Written by Mike Carey

Art by Leonardo Manco

Cover by Tim Bradstreet

"Reasons to be Cheerful," Part 3 of 4. John Constantine's demonic offspring - Adam, Maria and Saul - continue their vicious onslaught on those closest to the Hellblazer. But as John desperately tries to save his girlfriend, he leaves the door open for an attack on a beloved family member.

On sale Jan 26 o 32 pg, FC, $2.75 US o MATURE READERS 107

CONSTANTINE: THE OFFICIAL MOVIE ADAPTATION

Written by Steven T. Seagle

Art and cover by Ron Randall & Jimmy Palmiotti

Photo cover

John Constantine is a man who has literally been to hell and back in the Warner Bros. Pictures film Constantine, a supernatural thriller based on the long-running hit DC Comics/VERTIGO HELLBLAZER graphic novels. When Constantine teams up with skeptical policewoman Angela Dodson to solve the mysterious suicide of her twin sister, their investigation takes them through the world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles. Caught in a catastrophic series of otherworldly events, the two become inextricably involved and seek to find their own peace at whatever cost.

On sale Jan 5 o Prestige Format o 64 pg, FC, $6.95 US

CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER COLLECTION TP

Written by Steven T. Seagle, Jamie Delano, Neil Gaiman and Garth Ennis

Art by Ron Randall, Jimmy Palmiotti, John Ridgway, Dave McKean, Will Simpson and Mark Pennington

Photo cover

A second collection celebrating the release of the Warner Bros. Pictures film Constantine, in theaters in February! CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER COLLECTION collects the official 64-page VERTIGO adaptation of the film along with three classic issues of JOHN CONSTANTINE: HELLBLAZER. Included are issue #11, which kicked off VERTIGO's longest-running series and set the tone for the character; #27, which brought SANDMAN creator Neil Gaiman and his longtime artistic collaborator Dave McKean to the title with a haunting story of fear and loneliness; and #41, which opens the "Dangerous Habits" storyline with Constantine discovering that he has lung cancer in "The Beginning of the End."

On sale Jan 5 o 168 pg, FC, $14.95 US o MATURE READERS

VERTIGO SECRET FILES: HELLBLAZER #1

Written by Jamie Delano and Brian Azzarello,

Art by Tim Bradstreet, Dave Taylor, Steve Dillon, Glenn Fabry, Sean Phillips and various

Cover by Phil Hale

A new printing coinciding with CONSTANTINE: THE OFFICIAL MOVIE ADAPTATION, this Special features two compelling tales of John Constantine by an all-star array of talent. Plus, interviews with HELLBLAZER writers, a dossier of character information, a HELLBLAZER timeline, and much more.

On sale Jan 5 o 48 pg, FC, $4.95 US o MATURE READERS

JOHN CONSTANTINE: HELLBLAZER - RARE CUTS TP

Written by Jamie Delano, Grant Morrison and Garth Ennis

Art by Sean Phillips, David Lloyd, Richard Piers Rayner

and Mark Buckingham

Cover by Tim Bradstreet

To help celebrate the release of the Warner Bros. Pictures film Constantine in theaters in February, this January sees the release of this special trade paperback collection showcasing this enduring icon of horror and magic! RARE CUTS is a treat for longtime readers and newcomers alike, assembling six issues of JOHN CONSTANTINE: HELLBLAZER that have never before been collected. Created by some of the most popular and critically acclaimed writers and artists in comics, the issues featured include: #11, which relates the horrifying events of Newcastle, 1978, that ended with an innocent girl's soul condemned to Hell and Constantine confined to an asylum; #25-26, in which new weapons testing goes awry and looses terrible psychic impulses upon a dying northern town; #35, which tells a tale of Constantine's roughand- tumble childhood and the beginnings of his unique skills; #56, an object lesson in the perils of narcissism and doing deals with demons; and #84, which reveals the origin of Constantine's friendship with his best mate Chas. Also included in this trade paperback are informative pages from VERTIGO Secret Files: HELLBLAZER #1.

so.. I gues sthis means Rare Cuts only for me. those are some damn good issues though!

Wonder if it's worth asking about a Carey collection at London's Vertigo panel? He can slip me a fiver later...

Those "Reasons to be Cheerful" solicits are getting a bit repetitive...

That "Hellblazer Collection" is even more of a fucking rip now it's been revealed that they're releasing the movie adaptation separately. Jesus!

Mike's meant to be coming for a pint Friday night, probably pester him about it then. Think Ade said something about Carey not being at the Festival itself.

Wait a second! Who is John's girlfriend now?!

Or, does that just mean one of John's friends who happens to be a girl, and not someone he's dating.....??

i think Rosa would be glad to know that Angie and/or Gemma will be in mortal peril, and that one of them may even die...

I am happy to see #35 being reprinted. It's always been one of my favs and while it's part of a larger storyline, it stands just as well on it's own.

Booyah! #35 I guessed, and #35 it is. :) Excellent issue, too.

I'll be getting the Rare Cuts collection for sure - I only actually own one of the issues in it.

Incidentally...surely #11 in the Hellblazer Connection trade should read '#01'? And when precisely is Rare Cuts coming out?

No, they mean #11 but I agree with your point, the blurb makes it sound like they're talking about the first issue.

Hellblazer All His Engines OGN is also out in January but it was future-solicited last month.

Y'know I never include the expected ship date when I'm listing solits for some reason, anyway Rare Cuts is due out January 12th.

Oh look, Frank Quitely draws John Constantine (cover for Books Of Majick #7)

bom7.jpg

I like that Quitely pic, but then, I am very fond of Quitely generally. Surprised that they're sticking #11 in that trade...a better choice than #1, but odd that it's going to be in two simultaneously released books. Someone's really dropped the ball on this one - and there's no way I'm buying the Constantine Connection wossname, even if it does have 'Hold Me'. Horribly cynical marketing, that is, and it stinks. I'll just have to get the Gaiman collection it's reprinted in at some point.

We'll probably be the only ones reading it, that's depressingly likely...

What about 'Ultimate Constantine'? It's only a matter of time...

I'd go for a spreadsheet type deal on who's going to buy the farm. I wouldn't be surprised if Carey killed Cheryl, although I would be a little disappointed.