no stink boss!

I can totally see it working as a movie, but I fear Hollywood fucking it up (mostly by making it PG or something. or giving the human characters bigger roles). Don Murphy is producing, and he was also producer on LGX. ugh.

Lord no. Knowing Hollywood, they'll turn it into something like "Homeward Bound meets cool armour suits" instead of "Thought-provoking study of animal abuse and the ethics of military experiments plus Homeward Bound meets a few lines of cocaine and a stash of military weapons."

I knew this was coming! I'm pretty sure now that Morrison wrote "WE 3" just to have it made into a movie and cash in!

It will work perfectly as a movie.

And, the whole premise of "WE 3" pretty well was "let's do Homeward Bound using crazy cool military weapons".

I dunno...if done right this could work very well. I'm sure they'll just spin it as a kid's movie.

I knew this was coming! I'm pretty sure now that Morrison wrote "WE 3" just to have it made into a movie and cash in!

It will work perfectly as a movie.

And, the whole premise of "WE 3" pretty well was "let's do Homeward Bound using crazy cool military weapons".

I agree whole-heartedly with your third statement, half-heartedly with your second one (it could be good, but I can also see a variety of ways it could be easily fucked up), and have no idea which corner of your clearly crack-addled mind you dragged the first one from.

I'm guessing from your reply that you knew that I was kidding on the first part.

And, sure Hollywood has a tendency to mess up most comic related adaptations, but I have hope that since "Homeward Bound" and the "Incredible Journey" were both movies to start with, that they may have a firmer grasp on how to make it.

Absolutely - I still don't have the faintest idea if this'll ever make it to the screen, but if it does, "The Incredible Journey meets The A-Team" would pretty much be the right approach to take. And that shouldn't be too far beyond even the most cretinous of studio executives. Should it?

I dunno, you'd really have to pad it the fuck out to make it movie length. No doubt they'll play up the scientist characters a bit, which is reasonable.

But it's blatantly going to turn into a PG-13 movie. In the eyes of Hollywood (and, to be fair, in my eyes too) how many adults are going to watch a movie about a talking rabbit, cat and dog? How many kids want to see the cute animals graphically maiming people, with pierced eyeballs and torn guts flying all over the shop? Not enough to make back the money spent on three CGIed principle characters.

I bet it'll become Short Circuit with fluffy ears: the female scientist will try to hide them away from the cruel government agents with "hilarious" consequences, until a dramatic bit at the end where the baddies release Weapon 4 to hunt them down. And there'll probably be lots of heartwarming scenes where they make friends with a little girl, and the cat learns to love humanity so much that it risks its own life to save her because god forbid anyone go through a dramatic episode without learning something.

And then it ends just like Minority Report, with the animals all living happily on a small island and isn't everything nice tra-la-la!

But hey! I doubt it'll make it that far. It's got a robot cat's chance in Development Hell.

(I don't know what that means, but I like the sound of it.)

It's got a robot cat's chance in Development Hell.
Just wondering do robots have to stare into a robot cat's eyes to go to Development Hell?

.... sorry, I'll get me coat.

how many adults are going to watch a movie about a talking rabbit, cat and dog? Hell.

I haven't read it, but I wanted an excuse to mention I Am Not An Animal, although admittedly, the viewing figures probably weren't very good.

I think James makes a good point-Who would this movie be aimed at (other than the 400 people who read the actual comic, of course!)?!

Guest spiderlegs

They'll come up with a longer plot, surely. We'll get longer, more detailed missions prior to them escaping. I'm sure that was the plan with this title from the beginning. It works quite well as a feature film, in my opinion.

Why the fuck is Don Murphy always involved in comic book adaptations? This will be his third now, and I believe he's also producing Iron Man and Transformers...

... FUCK!

Guest spiderlegs
I dunno, you'd really have to pad it the fuck out to make it movie length. No doubt they'll play up the scientist characters a bit, which is reasonable.

They might go deeper into the origins of each animal? Maybe show them being fitted with the machinery? Show them on a few missions--clumsy on the first ones, brutally efficient on the latter ones? There are many ways to pull a 90 minute film out of that story.

Spiderlegs: You are the KING of animated gifs that make me go "Ewwwwwww"

I want to read We3 now.

Talk to me, my man. I've got the issues right here, and you're welcome to borrow them any time.

It would require a lot of great F/X... would it be cheaper to do in total 3D, a la Shrek?

But then you really would have to market it as a family film, and that would fuck it beyond repair.

Not so sure about that... anyways - 3D would make the animals look better, otherwise you'd have puppets in robo suits...

Not so sure about that... anyways - 3D would make the animals look better, otherwise you'd have puppets in robo suits...

yeah, but puppets could work. I like puppets.

Yeah....this movie is going to have some problems....

The more I think about it, the more I think it should not be made into a movie.

Yes, Morrison wrote in a "widescreen format", but on the one hand, it's "Homeward Bound" (a children's film); while on the other hand, it's a Vertigo title.

I just don't see this movie appealing to very many people outside of Vertigo comic circles. Adults would think it looked like a kiddy movie, while it would be rated for adults.

The only way they could make it as a movie, that I see, is to either tone it way down and make it a kiddy movie, which would ruin everything Morrison did. OR, they would have to make it over-the-top "JAWS" fashion. "The animals were created to help us fight evil terrorists, but something went horribly wrong. Now, the animals are the terrorists, out to slaughter all humans. The only answer is to destroy the animals before they can destroy us!", which makes me ask, "What the fuck is the point?!"

I don't see any way to reconcile this fact with Hollywood mentality.

And, this doesn't even figure in the most important fact:Rabbits cannot act! I know! I owned a rabbit when I was a kid. They just cannot act! Sure, having them going around eating people worked, but that's just what comes naturally to them! You expect them to act, and you're sure to be disappointed!

well, truth to be told, rabbit playing 3 would nly have to look dumb and cute and poop.

Rogan?! What the hell are you doing here?!

I must say that's a very stereotypical, and dare I say RASCIST, opinion about rabbits.