RicePuppy

I bought the DVD today...

I was supposed to be getting the Tainted Love TPB from Kinokuniya, but ended up getting THIS after spotting the ad on a film mag. It seems that the R3 edition is out a whole month earlier than the US version.

constantine0vt.th.jpg

The special features on Disc 2 look identical to the one listed on the R1 DVD. The cover art for this 2-disc set edition is taken from the US single disc edition (no idea why). Also, there's no free comic book for this R3 edition as well (not that I mind).

The German code 2 DVD is out too today. The second DVD contains a lot of deleted scenes, three showing more of Ellie, including the bed scene, which only starts after the sex. Another scene is in Midnite's bar and she is the girl in the foreground in the scene in the hospital with HolyWater (she will be the only demon who survives).

I was supposed to be getting the Tainted Love TPB from Kinokuniya, but ended up getting THIS after spotting the ad on a film mag. It seems that the R3 edition is out a whole month earlier than the US version.

The special features on Disc 2 look identical to the one listed on the R1 DVD. The cover art for this 2-disc set edition is taken from the US single disc edition (no idea why). Also, there's no free comic book for this R3 edition as well (not that I mind).

The German code 2 DVD is out too today. The second DVD contains a lot of deleted scenes, three showing more of Ellie, including the bed scene, which only starts after the sex. Another scene is in Midnite's bar and she is the girl in the foreground in the scene in the hospital with HolyWater (she will be the only demon who survives).

I can't believe I haven't even opened mine yet...

I was supposed to be getting the Tainted Love TPB from Kinokuniya, but ended up getting THIS after spotting the ad on a film mag.

Poor choice sir, poor choice!

I was supposed to be getting the Tainted Love TPB from Kinokuniya, but ended up getting THIS after spotting the ad on a film mag.

I agree with John on it being a bad choice, but Kinokuniya is a great store (well, the one in Singapore is anyway, I don't know if that is the one you mean or if it's a chain of stores). I've never seen that many Manga in any single store.

I agree with John on it being a bad choice, but Kinokuniya is a great store (well, the one in Singapore is anyway, I don't know if that is the one you mean or if it's a chain of stores). I've never seen that many Manga in any single store.

hahaha... guess I should've seen that coming.

that copy of Tainted Love was the reprint edition (with the updated logo and spine design and all), i'll just have to get it at another time.

yeah, the one I went to is the Malaysia branch, and yes, the number of Mangas AND TPBs there are insane! now THAT's one place I wouldn't mind being trapped in for the entire night :D

I remember the Singapore store also having some awesome comic and manga related merchandise including a huge sized (kind of like that huge Hellboy fig Lou has) Lone Wolf and Cub figure. I really wanted to buy that, but it was incredibly expensive. now I regret not wasting my money it, actually...

I love Kinokuniya, but I did not know they sell Hellblazer there LOL. The two Kinokuniyas down here seem to be Japanese material exclusive.

The R1 DVD is also supposed to come with some kind of story, which I imagine will be the Delano tale from the Vertigo Secret Files: Hellblazer one-shot.

:happy: oOoO! you bought the DVD. I'm still waiting for it in Aus. Man it comes out in July. Can't wait that long. HEy, could u tell me some of the deleted scenes and what is the alternate ending? thx

We all know about the director's cut, but there's a fan cut where Chaz gets killed by a falling mirror in scene one. And a guilt-ridden Constanteen commits suicide successfully this time. The fan cut of film is ten minutes (too) long.

:happy: oOoO! you bought the DVD. I'm still waiting for it in Aus. Man it comes out in July. Can't wait that long. HEy, could u tell me some of the deleted scenes and what is the alternate ending? thx

1 - (extended scene) Chas sent John back to his apartment after the first exorcism, the conversation continues as they walked into the bowling alley.

2 - slight variation to the bug-demon (outside petrol station) sequence.

3 - a "come into the light, i command thee" sequence during Beeman's death that was shown in the movie trailer (was probably deleted so as not to lessen the impact of forcing Gabriel into view).

4 - John and Ellie's conversation right after sex.

5 - Ellie in the Holy Water sprinkler scene, she replaces the anonymous female in the theatrical version.

the alternate ending is basically pushing the Angel Chas sequence from the end credit to replace the John/Angela rooftop sequence.

there's more but i can't recall the rest of them as i'm typing this off based on my memory.

They really should've given us a commentary track.

They also should have put "FROM THE OSCAR-WINNING WRITER OF LOST IN SPACE AND BATMAN AND ROBIN."

i bought the 2 dvd too, its fair for 20 euros and a gratis 16*A4 sized good quality poster here in a shop called libro, austria (but here in europe theres no comic packed with it...wonkers!)

what it makes the buy worth is the brighter, sharper picture with that you can see how well done the film visually is, i saw things on dvd i didnt see in the movie. the cutted scenes are also interesting (2 of them should be included in the film because they are essential) and some documentations about the creation and making of the film. (delano is speaking too and he really pronounce it constantyne, funny :)) so who liked it a bit and dont pitys this money for it, should buy it, who hated it dont will be really changed with the dvd, but who knows? ;) i could watch it every day :)

some as the same joy like the buy of "all his engines" gave me :) but that was 23 euros, puh...now i have no money left after eating, smoking, drinking, buying these things and watching batman begins at cinema :)

(cant wait for batman begins and sin city special edition dvd, where the storys are full lenght - but for this i have to go to work. shyte.)

note: i didnt listen to the commentary track, maybe thats interesting too. but maybe not :) someday...

They really should've given us a commentary track.

They also should have put "FROM THE OSCAR-WINNING WRITER OF LOST IN SPACE AND BATMAN AND ROBIN."

then constantine is really a big jump for him- these two titles you mentioned where extraordinary special super high definition deluxe hardcore shyte. god, i hate lost in space, and batman and robin is just enjoyable for little kids (but at least the song from apollo four fourty isnt so bad)

1 - (extended scene) Chas sent John back to his apartment after the first exorcism, the conversation continues as they walked into the bowling alley.

2 - slight variation to the bug-demon (outside petrol station) sequence.

3 - a "come into the light, i command thee" sequence during Beeman's death that was shown in the movie trailer (was probably deleted so as not to lessen the impact of forcing Gabriel into view).

4 - John and Ellie's conversation right after sex.

5 - Ellie in the Holy Water sprinkler scene, she replaces the anonymous female in the theatrical version.

the alternate ending is basically pushing the Angel Chas sequence from the end credit to replace the John/Angela rooftop sequence.

there's more but i can't recall the rest of them as i'm typing this off based on my memory.

Right on! I hated the final rooftop sequence (just because of the gum bit)..

I can't wait for the DVD, myself. I thought it was a well-done flick, after realizing it wasn't "JOHN CONSTANTINE" as much as "Constantine, Hollywood's adaptation".

Oh well, my slice of "IMO".

Cheers,

Jack Jablin

I can't wait for the DVD, myself. I thought it was a well-done flick, after realizing it wasn't "JOHN CONSTANTINE" as much as "Constantine, Hollywood's adaptation".

Cheers,

Jack Jablin

actually, the gum bit is still there... :blush:

Cheers,

Jack Jablin

actually, the gum bit is still there... :blush:

WHAT?! Aww. Die screenwriters of Consanteen :icon_twosgun:

Did the DVD have any hidden easter eggs?

It had. One mute cgi-animation of the true Dangerous Habits panels as starting point and a little film about making up Balthazar after the holy water melted his skin, where Gwen Stefani appears too.

I recall one more, but im not sure and i dont know what it was if.