JohnMcMahon

Global Frequency Pilot

i think its because whoever uploaded it to torrentspy doesn't know what they are doing, but its good to know its out there somewhere.

okay so the download links are above so i guess we can have the spoilers below eh?

Well that was pretty cool, not excellent but it was only a pilot so you can't expect everything or perfection.

however speaking of perfection Michelle Forbes is totally perfect as Miranda Zero, the girl that played Aleph was pretty good (she had her foriegn pronounciation down pat) as for the others, so-so. It would've been great to know if they intended to keep recuring characters (which seemed to be the intention) or go with the book and change the all main characters every episode.

I was hoping they'd do the thing of laying the end titles over the final scene like they do on the last page of every issue, something that done right in a tv program would be very sexy, but seeing they never botered to do the titles i guess we missed out.

And on that point it should've ended when the guy go shot in the head they didn't need the whole "Will you work for me thing" that Sean guy already said yes at the start of the episode.

I know that the Miranda Zero stuff in the base ripped off the Matrix and in fact you could say that Aleph and her setup is stolen from the idea of operators in the Matrix too but fuck it, everything is derivative its how you spin it that makes it special.

I can't believe that it didn't get picked up, specially seeing the crap that gets made. I bet its go something to do with the fall of Star Trek, the execs think that sci fi is out of fashion so they'd rather make programs with Paris Hilton in them.

Guest spiderlegs

Dude! Code your spoilers!

This link has brought a flicker of joy to my dark little world. Thank you!

Yeah, not bad at all though the way things were set up at the end really didn't appeal to me, bit too generic X-Files style for my liking.

The story followed the first issue pretty closely and yer one playing Zero was perfect for the part. The parts with Aleph were cool though but, as with the comic, folks did end up spouting "Global Frequency" far too much - the bit at the very end with all the GF faces popping up on the map was aces.

i'm surprised about the curtain of silence from camp Ellis, usually when one of his farts is available to download we get four bad signals about it.

If you go to warrenellis.com its like the whole global frequency thing never happened, could it be that Warren's feelings are hurt?

He mentioned it briefly in a Bad Signal e-mail a week or so ago. But only in passing, which is indeed unlike him...

I was toying with the idea of selling it as a dvd on ebay (which i made quite a bit of money doing the last few weeks with 90's never-going-to-be-released-on-dvd comedy shows) but i got a warning off ebay so i'm hesitant.

Any way i have one spare copy that i burned off today and the menu didn't come out just right, which the person who makes the most pleasing offer can have.

There's not really much he could say about it, is there ?

It's a perfectly alright piece of tele so there's no need for him to do a "TV ruined my idea" spiel and given the amount of times he talks about downloading programmes himself, he's hardly going to decry its availability.

I was toying with the idea of selling it as a dvd on ebay (which i made quite a bit of money doing the last few weeks with 90's never-going-to-be-released-on-dvd comedy shows) but i got a warning off ebay so i'm hesitant.

Any way i have one spare copy that i burned off today and the menu didn't come out just right, which the person who makes the most pleasing offer can have.

Matthew, if that VD is still available I'd very much like to have it.

Thank you,

Tom

bad signal

WARREN ELLIS

I haven't seen it, and I'm not going to see it, okay?  Quit

sending me torrent links and asking.

Why?  Fuck you, that's why.

The end.

-- W

there's something going on there, why is he being so coy about it? i jst find his behaviour a bit wierd, and he couldn't say that it ruined his idea because on the most part the reaction has been positive.

Thank you,

Tom

you want my VD eh? perv. post that picture of Charlotte Church then.

Thank you,

Tom

Tom it would be handy if i had your address, i was thinking of just addressing it TOM, WALES and seeing if it would get to you.

go to warrenellis.com where you'll find a link to a blog by one of the producers, where he hints that the buzz that the release of the torrent has caused may see the series go into production.

A world first in television production and not a fucking peep from Ellis, seriously was an astounding dick head. this is the kind of thing that clearly, if he were not invovled, would give the man a giant techno boner.

on the plus side there was mentioned of a GF OGN, OMG.

I suspect he may just not be allowed to talk about it. But of course, he can't bring himself to say that, so he's decided to play the asshole instead. Typical Ellis, really.

Well, it's either that or he's being an even more hypocritical arsehole than even I'd suspected of him - and as you may have noticed, I'm not the biggest fan of Ellis' online persona. I hadn't realised that blog belonged to the producer of the show, mind...interesting.

Like McMahon said, the ending was good with all the different agents on the screen. I found the perma stubbled ex cop a bit too much to bear (gruff voice, leather jacket, bit of a past, how original). Like most pilots it wasnt great but there was enough to build. The generic rock music at the end was wanky but once again its a pilot.