Demon Chas08

BATMAN BEGINS

I heartily endorse this thread.

I am, also, dying to see this film. But it doesn't open in Norway for a few weeks yet. Curses.

I demand that the pair of ye dress up as the Bat and fight for the honour of being our #1 Bat Expert.

The winner will be obliged to take Keeyah on as their sidekick.

I demand that the pair of ye dress up as the Bat and fight for the honour of being our #1 Bat Expert.

Will this do?

BatMark.jpg

Marvel at my mad Photoshop* Skillz.

*OK, MS Paint.

I was ten years old when I first read Nightwing#25.

This makes me feel old.

Then I shall enyoungen you by pointing out that in 1967 I was being taught to read with Batman 80 Page Special-type comics at the age of four.

And I have already seen Batman Begins, HA !

Truly a day to behold! Been following this one for a while now with all the various film geek news sites! Pretty much loved every single trailer thats come out ever since that first glorious teaser...

Just read some very positive reviews too, curse my generosity for offering to take my brothers to it on friday! Curse meeeee!

As much as I loved Sin City, I have to say, this movie raped it through the pants. Easily the best movie of the year, and the best superhero movie of all-time.

Christian Bale, Michael Caine, and Gary Oldman made this movie. Not to say that any of the cast were bad in their parts (even Katie Holmes was good). The music, the acting, the direction, the story, the themes, it was beautiful.

As much as I loved Sin City, I have to say, this movie raped it through the pants.

:blink: I am sure it is a good movie but that is a bit extreme don't you think?

I know the number of a good therapist. :biggrin:

I saw it and I think I died and went to heaven for two hours. Two brilliant comic book movies in one year is more than ever before, I think. It almost makes up for Constanteen.

I mean, seriously though, this ISNT even a comic book movie as saying that has kinda cinema-lite connotations. This is up there with one of the great films that I will buy the DVD of and cherish for the rest of my life and think of as a dark psychotic little gem. Man, Christian Bale is the fucking Boss. And I think the guy must be schizo in real life or something, the skill with which he has played multiple personality types in at least four films that I know of. Brilliant performances across the board, excellent production design, classy directing and a cynical, twisted interpretation of the Batman mythos the way it should be interpreted (ie the way I interpret it, heh).

I'm sure none of you need the encouragement, but everyone go see this at once. Now.

And India really is becoming a huge huge market for English films, isnt it, when films are opening two days after they open in the US and weeks and months before European countries!! Weird.

Wow! What movie did the rest of you guys see?! Because I want to see it!

I saw it with my buddy Dave, he who liked "Constantine" because it wasn't too offensive even if it wasn't the comic book, he who liked "Hulk" because there were at least radioactive dogs getting beat up, he who loved the 3rd and 4th Batman films because they were fun, he who loved "Star Wars:Episode 3" because it was action packed and had cool special effects. Seriously, the guy likes any movie he goes to see, because he'll always find something positive to say about it.

So, what did Dave say about "Batman: Begins"?! Worst movie ever! He said he at least expected there to be lots of action, but he was bored.

I didn't expect much from the movie....but I gotta ask, who the hell wrote this shite and who the hell approved it?!

It was nonsensical....and let me just say, Bruce Wayne's birthday scene is by far the worst moment in any "Batman" movie! The last two films even seemed good compared to this one!

How the hell can you ruin Scarecrow for god's sake?! Yet....they did!

And, that "surprise, twist" ending?! Even the 5 year olds in the audience were yawning because they saw it coming for 2 hours!

The audience was laughing almost non-stop through the film....and I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to be a comedy! Or, am I wrong?! Is that why we hated it, because it really IS a comedy???

When we got our tickets, the guy at the counter pretty well told us, "This thing sucks. You really don't want to see it. How about "The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl instead?"

Nah, I wouldn't agree with Dave that it was the worst movie ever, but it's not worth seeing if you ask me.

Yes, it was dark and brooding and the special effects looked good (except that damn Batmobile, that was just cheap and shameful!)....but so was the original "Batman" movie, but that one had heart, soul, and intelligence to go with it!

As much as I loved Sin City, I have to say, this movie raped it through the pants. Easily the best movie of the year, and the best superhero movie of all-time.

I'll say.

but so was the original "Batman" movie, but that one had heart, soul, and intelligence to go with it!

You must have watched a different film to me there. It'd be harder to find an emptier, glibber spectacle if you tried. Tim Burton is, to my mind one of Hollywood's most overrated directors.

The opening scenes of Batman are just about perfect. It's a rapid downhill from thereonin.

I loved it, though the last half hour seemed to cram in two hours worth of movie. I loved how they basically used the ending for Year One for the epilogue (actually, there were many many Year One references, so many I thought they perhaps should have given Frank Miller a small credit).

and goddamn it, I'm with Gordon: I want one as well!

Holy smoke, that sounds like a good idea!

Could this put me in the running?

Age 5 (1975):

BatGirl.jpg

That is cute. Very cute.

I was seeing Batman Begins tomorrow but it has been put back a day. I can not wait for this film. I mean really can not wait!

Those of you that have seen it, is the Scarecrow true to comic form?