sethos

upcoming comic book movies

They were talking about having pro wrestler turned movie actor, The Rock, playing the role of Silver Surfer.

They also brought him up as a possibility for a Sub-Mariner movie which is also in the planning stages.

Personally, I think the Rock would suck as the Surfer, but I think he'd be perfect for the Sub-Mariner.

They were talking about having pro wrestler turned movie actor, The Rock, playing the role of Silver Surfer.

:o You're shitting me, right?

Right?

Good grief.

"Do you smell what the Surfer is cooking? Just bring it, Galactus, you beeyotch! Sufer's gonna lack the smack surfboard down on your candy asses!"

:lol:

Sadly, The Rock himself on some talk show stated that Marvel was very interested in him playing either the Surfer or the Sub-Mariner. I'm REALLY hoping they go with him in Sub-Mariner, since The Rock's "Scorpion King" wasn't that far afield of the Sub-Mariner character.

He's just ALL wrong for Surfer though.

While I hate the idea of him as the Silver Surfer, I really like the Rock's screen presence. I generally hate pumped up wrestler types strutting their stuff on the big screen but this guy has genuine charisma and even some acting talent. He was the best thing about Be Cool and he even kept me watching otherwise uninspired movies like The Rundown. He's a decent actor I think and - dare I say - I get the sense that hes a smart and likeable guy. He didnt grate on my nerves and drive me crazy like that big orange egomaniac Hulk Hogan in all the movies he's been in.

But, yes, as Silver Surfer he's totally wrong.

According to Heidi MacDonald's The Beat column over at comicon, David Cronenberg didn't even know that the History Of Violence screenplay was based on a graphic novel until fairly late in the development of the film. I'm looking forward to the film a lot, and since I haven't read the book it makes no real difference to me, but it's an amusing piece of trivia...

oh my god just read there will be garfield two with the same actors plus some more....jesus... (in cinemas sumer 2006, if someones interested....)

freezedriedmovies.com says in Spiderman 3, the villains will be: Topher Grace Venom , Thomas Hayden Church Sandman and James Franco will transform into Hobgoblin. The News arent commented from Officials.

A History of Violence is coming to the screen soon, directed by David Cronenberg and starring Viggo Mortensen. AND the book finally came back into print. This makes me happy.

From MSN.com

NEW YORK (AP) - Comic book publisher Marvel Enterprises Inc. on Tuesday said it completed a new $525 million debt facility to independently finance a slate of films based on its characters.

In the past, the company licensed its comic book characters and story lines to other studios such as Sony Pictures and 20th Century Fox. The new arrangement -- under which Marvel is also changing its name to Marvel Entertainment Inc. -- gives the company creative control, the right to build a film library and "greater profit potential."

Marvel said it will use the seven-year, $525 million nonrecourse debt facility to finance up to 10 films based on characters such as Captain America, Nick Fury and the Avengers. The credit line, which was arranged by Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Inc., includes $465 million in revolving senior bank debt and $60 million in mezzanine debt.

As producer, Marvel said it will receive all film-related merchandising revenue, and all profits. Paramount, a unit of Viacom Inc., will distribute the films, with the first release slated for summer 2008.

The move comes amid Marvel's struggle with weakening sales. In the latest second quarter, the company posted an 11 percent drop in profit, hurt by sharply lower licensing and toy sales amid waning demand for merchandise from last summer's "Spider-Man 2" movie.

Marvel said the 10 characters in the arrangement are Captain America, The Avengers, Nick Fury, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Cloak & Dagger, Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Power Pack, and Shang-Chi. Each film is expected to have a budget of up to $165 million dollars and a rating no more restrictive than PG-13. Although the financing allows for the production of animated films, Marvel currently intends to use the funds to make only live-action films.

Marvel said it will fund initial development including scripts for each production. Once a film is approved for production, the credit line will reimburse Marvel for these costs. Marvel Studios will oversee the slate and has sole "green light" control.

The company said unreimbursed overhead expenses and any unreimbursed development costs represent Marvel's only direct financial risk.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Power Pack? Cloak and Dagger? What's next? ROM? Nth Man? Rocket Raccoon?

Capt. America, Nick Fury, and Dr. Strange would be good as films.

Ant-Man should be animated series, similar to Teen Titans in tone.

Black Panther would be good as a series on Fox or HBO, if done as a political superhero drama like Priest wrote.

And Jay you're right about the rest, ugh....

or howabout Longshot, or Sleepwalker, or Slapstick? yeah!

kirsten dunst approves sandman and venom as villains in an interview("i think i shouldnt have said that"). maybe just pr but maybe not. she just read the script.

Guest spiderlegs

I don't know. Captain America has been a failed bit every time it has come to life as a series or film. Nick Fury would be interesting. Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson announced they'll be working together on a Nick Fury project again in the next year or so.

full ghost rider trailer here (bit maybe im slow and its nothing new for ya, its a footage from comic-con, 2:44 min. long). you have to go to the movie section and there you can stream or download the file.

dont seems really good for me.

http://www.lmhnet.notrix.net/

wb does millers 300 for 60 mill dollars. director: zach synder. starring: gerald butler. start of filming: oct. 17 place of filming: montreal.

visuals like in sin city (---> almost completely green screen). want to stay faithful. comingsoon.net

edit: read the novel. well, looked at it makes it more.

cool visuals (but i would have wanted it to see it just in base colors) and a bit interesting but again almost no story, or at least dialogue. altough its supposed to be historical.

how will they make a film out of this?

it will be dull, or short or they make things up again me thinks.

gossip from a "filminsider" bout the sequel of batman begins:

he says that the whole cast except the villains will be in again.

two new good ones are joining in(harvey dent, sarah dessen).

joker will be included, but just in his acting faithful to the comic. he will look otherwise and wont be the only villain.

but he also added that we shouldnt be totally shure.

and here you can view a documentaryclip from the dvd:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AU9UY...&s=dvd&v=glance