JohnMcMahon

Justice League Unlimited

Booster? Where? where?! I will hopefully see it soon.

Just watched "Kids Stuff" and the one in which Wonder Woman gets turned into a pig and Batman sings!

I've caught a few episodes of this but havent managed to watch it on a regular basis, it seems pretty good but do you have to watch it from the beginning to get the most out of it? I get the impression that it has a few long term story arcs...

The first half of the current season works episode by episode but the last three or four episodes have all been part of the one ongoing story. The previous season, which is on UK tele at the moment, seeems to be a lot more stand alone, at least so far anyway.

You had to make this lounge a member only reply area forcing me to register. You evil, evil, people. :mad::biggrin:

YTV just aired the episode entitled "Epilogue." You must do absolutely everything in your power to see this episode. Now. I'm very serious. Trust me on this one, even if you don't really know me. ;)

It is the most completely adult episode yet. It focuses on Bruce and gives us the Bruce that we all know and love and that often gets ignored. For a couple brief moments I thought it was also going to give us the fate of Bruce and Talia's love child. It didn't damnit, but I'll gladly live with what it did provide. Tons of black and white flashbacks and beautiful job tying up all the various Batman and Justice League series. Lots of talking, and a minimum of fighting. :)

The episode is listed as Number 78 in TV.com so I don't know what that means for Canadian viewers since it seems to be the last episode of the current run. The channel seems to have skipped a couple episodes, but that has happened before. I just hope they run the rest of them before going back into reruns (which tends to be their usual pattern of behaviour). :icon_rolleyes:

The worst part was that there was a cable/broadcast snafu right at the beginning and we didn't get to see the opening. :mad: Instead we got to watch "The Shopping Bags" try to instruct people how to buy gym equipment. :icon_cry: Don't ever get me started on those two bimbos. :wacko:

In answer to the last question about one parters vs. two parters, as the series goes on a multi-part episodes become more common, and storylines carry over from one episode to the next.

--Jane* the Guest

*not my real name, but it was the best choice in context of the racing discussion thread

Brother Justin does the voice for Lex!

He was also the head guard in The Shawshank Redemption, too...

I don't get to catch JLU as much as I'd like to, but I did see a week or so ago an episode where Superman and Captain Marvel duke it out for almost a solid 10 minutes, levelling a huge portion of Metropolis. The plot setup and resolution with Luthor was unspeakably lame, but the fight itself was a fanboy's wet dream come to life...Marvel even zapped Supes with his "SHAZAM!"-bolt a few times, a la Kingdom Come...

There appear to be all kinds of problems with various Epilogue torrents out there, if someone has a link to one that's alright could they hook me up, ta!

How cool is the Question? (sorry not the new guy on the boards, although I am sure he is cool in his own way)

Jeffrey Combs (Enterprise, Re-Animator) does a fantasic job. He is everything I expect in a Question, conspiracy theories and all. He makes me think of what would happen if Batman with his great detective skills headed up the Lone Gunmen from the X-Files.

I love the Question! The 1980s series written by Denny O'Neil is truly amongst the top Lost Gems of the comic book world.

"Superman has a cute wife and kid who he'll miss"
you truly have a heart of stone, that damn near made me weap actual tears.

I would have been a bit more impressed with that storyline if his son didn't look like he'd run in from another cartoon. Neither of his parents had a massive head or enormous eyes, so why did he?

There appear to be all kinds of problems with various Epilogue torrents out there, if someone has a link to one that's alright could they hook me up, ta!

I'v found that it's not the torrents fault. That YTV fucked up the Episode. There was No intro, a lot of voicing was not synced, and some of it had a lot of glicths. Way to go YTV, nice job on fucking up a Season Finale for JLU.. Next time go fuck up something we dont care about, such as American Idol or whatever.

@wolvy,

That's what I meant in my post when I wrote about the missed opening and the "Shopping Bags." :mad: I really can't stand those women in their own timeslot, let alone when they intrude on JLU.

Actually I don't think it is YTV's fault per se. I think it is more of a Rogers/cable broadcaster fault. The Shopping Bags (AFAIK) aren't on YTV. They're on W -- The Women's Network. YTV airs on channel 25 (in my area) and W on channel 27. I think somehow those two signals got "scrambled" somehow. Yes, I know that's not a very technical answer, but it's the best I've got.

@Christian,

Well I think that series was pretty cool too. ;) Plus I can sympathize with cranky media types who have the urge to punch out their producers/editors and who care more about figuring out the story than telling it. ;)

@Shawn,

Well since I remember the character from the '80s, I'm not that keen on his portrayal in JLU. I've never been fond of conspiracy nuts. I can understand why they want a character in that vein, but I have to say I was disappointed when I first saw the results. Of course I'm guessing all the Charlton fans had exactly the same reaction once they read D.C.'s take on the old faceless one. ;)

As for me, I'm not a guy, and I'm the furthest thing from cool you could ever imagine. ;) :D

I've just finished watching season 1, and I'm a couple of episodes into season 2.

This shit is fucking awesome. Best superhero cartoon ever? It's certainly up there with Batman: The Animated Series, which is high praise indeed...if the Justice League comics were anything like this good much of the time, I'd be more inclined to read them. Why isn't Dwayne McDuffie writing JLA?

Why isn't Dwayne McDuffie writing JLA?

Dwayne has a Delphi forum and, judging by some of the posts he's made there, he'd leap at the chance to write the JLA.

All I can say is that I've taken to reading various DCU superhero titles on the shelves of my local comic shops because I enjoyed the JLU cartoon so much - after enjoying the first two Outsiders trades so much I'm even thinking about buying some of the related monthly comis.

I've heard about that - crazy stuff. I can't imagine why DC wouldn't jump at the chance to have him on a Justice League title, personally - he clearly just gets it, as does virtually everyone else involved.

Maybe he pulled a Priest, and pissed off a lot of people when he was doing Deathlok and other stuff. Who knows. It could just be that they havent had any reason to hire him back, and that he is enjoying himself with the Cartoon. I dont know.

I PVR-ed Double Date recently. What a great episode. Personally, I think the Question is awesome as a conspiracy nut. And I love the Green Arrow/Black Canary interactions. The ending of the episode has one of the truly classic lines from that show:

*Huntress kisses Question and pulls him away by his tie*

Question: Where are we going?

Huntress: Don't ask so many questions.

I don't like Justice League anywhere near as much as "Batman:The Animated Series". That show is just untouchable!

But, I rank "Justice League" up with the 1990s "Spider Man" cartoon, which I adored.

Personally, I liked Grant Morrison just fine on JLA. I thought he did better with the comic than the cartoon is doing....but, since Mark Waid left the book, yeah, it's been seriously floundering and is in need of someone, ANYONE, with a good grasp on the JL.

....And, if only they'd have let those geniuses behind the 1970s "Fantastic Four" cartoon write the comic series! :biggrin:

Wasn't overly fond of Epilogue - seemed to fulfill that role more for Batman Beyond than the current season of the JLU! Funnily enough though, I only caught the "Return of The Joker" Batman movie a short while ago which was timely as this episode played into that.

The bits set in the present were class - Batman's final confrontation with the Joker..who captures, tortures and brainwashes Tim Drake into becoming his son!

Dumb question number 1:

What happened to Hawkgirl? She was in the other Justice League cartoon. I seem to recall her walking off after some trouble with other Hawkpeople, but I haven't seen her in this. I'm a bit lost.

Dumb question number 1:

What happened to Hawkgirl? She was in the other Justice League cartoon. I seem to recall her walking off after some trouble with other Hawkpeople, but I haven't seen her in this. I'm a bit lost.

From what I understand, Pooks, at the end of the Justice League cartoon, there was a movie in which the Thanagarians tried to destroy Earth to help out with their war against another species. Hawkgirl sold out Earth and the Justice League to her bretheren, before eventually double-crossing them. Despite helping to save the day, she had sold Earth out and turned it into a police state, and when she went back to Earth's side, Thanagar lost their war and that species is all but destroyed now. So Earth and the remnants of Thanagar are all super-pissed at her.

In Justice League Unlimited, we find that she's shacked up with Dr. Fate and his wife (I think it's his wife), Aquaman and a reprogrammed Amazo. She's called back into action when Solomon Grundy is revived and causing more trouble than ever (aces episode, by the way). After that, it seems she's returned to the League, but no longer goes by the moniker of "Hawkgirl" and is instead known by her real name, Shayera (I butchered the spelling of that name, by the by).

The Green Lantern and her used to go at it like bunnies, but in her absence he hooks up with...um...some woman who can use various animal powers - there's a funny episode in the current season where the pair of them (Hawkgirl and Animal Woman) have to go on a mission together.