JohnMcMahon

Justice League Unlimited

Yeah, Green Arrow pretty much acts like a dick in the comics, James.

He's a great character! Even though I liked the Kevin Smith issues, I hate what they did with G.A., where they de-aged him.

It was neat in the first Smith Trade when the older G.A. meets the younger G.A., and the older says something along the lines of the young G.A. acting like a dick and then goes, "Oh yeah! This was still the time in my life when I thought all police were Fascists in blue!"

And really, how could you hate Double Date when it has a Tommy Monaghan mention in it?

Because Tommy's mentioned as being dead!

A Hitman cartoon would totally rock, but there's no way they'd allow it to be as violent as the comics.

Fuck, for a second I thought that was a confirmed fact and not just a demand. My heart genuinely skipped a beat! And now I can't feel anything in my left arm...

Just saw A Once and Future Thing two-parter. Hot damn, that was excellent. John's sudden, unexpected transformation into Hal was awesome, and the scene on the rooftop with Batman and Elder Bruce Wayne interrogating Ghoul was one of the best moments I've ever seen on a television set. Dwayne McDuffie is my hero.

You mean THESE SPOILERS?

Sounds very encouraging to me, and I'm not a hardcore DC nut by any means. Legion of Doom...it basically just means we're going to get more villains. Many, many more villains. Which can't be a bad thing, can it?

I had seen those, only heard that Gorilla Fucking Grod would be leading the LOD and I FUCKING HATE talking monkey bad guys.

Seven Soldiers episode could be fin, I like the cowboy one that's running around JLU at the mo though the Shining Knight reminds me of.....

DIRK.GIF

I FUCKING HATE talking monkey bad guys.

You are clearly dead inside.

There was a big JLU marathon on YTV this week, so I PVR-ed all the episodes. For the Man Who Has Everything was extremely good. As heartbreaking as Clark's "dream" was, I think Bruce's was worse.

I also saw the first ten minutes of Task Force X, before my PVR decided to stop recording. However, those ten minutes that I did see were the best ten minutes of a JLU program yet. It's a John Ostrander fan's wet dream.

You mean THESE SPOILERS?

Sounds very encouraging to me, and I'm not a hardcore DC nut by any means. Legion of Doom...it basically just means we're going to get more villains. Many, many more villains. Which can't be a bad thing, can it?

Care to post the spoilers here? I've just spent the last fifteen minutes trying to get the site to load. First I tried the link over and over again, then I tried the main page (which finally loaded after what seeemed to be an ice age). Now I'm attempting to click through the links to get to the JLU news. I'm waiting for it to freeze any second now.

Was anything said about the air dates of the new episodes? (Not that they have any relation to when they get their Canadian airing. That's usually months after their U.S. debut.)

There was a big JLU marathon on YTV this week, so I PVR-ed all the episodes. For the Man Who Has Everything was extremely good. As heartbreaking as Clark's "dream" was, I think Bruce's was worse.

I was hoping that his parent's were going to die in his dream world too (before Diana interfered) cause Batman is fucking nuts and he's already living his perfect life.

Care to post the spoilers here? I've just spent the last fifteen minutes trying to get the site to load.

SAN DIEGO -- A preview clip for the next season of Justice League Unlimited show at Comic-Con International on Friday revealed a big development: the Legion of Doom.

In the clip, which starts the new season, Lex Luthor breaks out of jail. When apparently trapped by the police, he miraculously is pulled through a wall. He is then taken to meet Gorilla Grodd, who shows him a familiar-looking building -- and then it's revealed that at least two dozen villains are in it.

"We kind of took a page with what we did with Justice League Unlimited," producer Bruce Timm said, "where we opened the ranks of the Justice League to include basically everybody. So now the villains are going to say, 'Hey, we're going to do that, too.' There's going to be a lot of Legion of Doom goodness throughout next season.

"Standalone episodes as well that don't completely focus on the Legion of Doom and some that just touch on the Legion of Doom.

"We have lots of major guest-stars next season. We had the whole Green Lantern/Vixen/Hawkgirl triangle, which is really complicated. We figured we needed to resolve that and we resolved that by making it more complicated. It gets really complicated when Shayera meets this young archeologist named Carter Hall.

"So we've got lots of interesting twists and turns and lots of Legion."

Speaking of another Legion, Timm also noted that the Legion of Super-Heroes will appear next season.

In other highlights from the Justice League portion of the JLU/The Batman panel:

* The episode "Divided We Fall," which debuts on Cartoon Network on Saturday, was shown in a widescreen format.

* Asked about a Justice League Unlimited movie, Timm said, "We talked a lot about doing a straight-to-video JLU movie. Maybe someday, but right now I don't think there's anything definitive happening with that."

* Asked if events in the comics DC Universe have any impact on the show, Timm said, "I don't know. We weren't really planning on using Sue Digby (sic - presumably "Dibny" -Mark) anyways. She's a little extra crispy now."

* Story editor Matt Wayne said an upcoming episode will feature the Seven Soldiers.

* Stargirl will appear next season.

* Producer Dwayne McDuffie said Hawkgirl was his favorite character to write.

* About the much-ballyhooed ban on use of Batman supporting characters or villains, Timm said, "I'm not finding it's a big problem. There's lot of villains -- a Legion of them."

There's the article for you.

Yeah, I really thought Bats' "ideal life" would've been the exact same as his real life. Because Batman is seriously fucked in the head, and it would've been so creepy, yet marvellous at the same time. But remember, Batman has a huge smile on his otherwise-catatonic face as his father just pounds on the Thug. That was pretty creepy in and of itself.

Thanks Mark :)

So if the Cartoon Network is getting the new episodes this month, that means we'll probably see them here in...hmmm...let me see...February 2006.

New season started with 2 new episodes. Great stuff.

"I Am Legion"-Lex joins the Legion of Doom. The headquarters is right out of Super-friends. The second Marvin and Wendy with that dog show up, I am out. :biggrin:

Interesting premise for having that many villians in one place.

Fire was in the episode and is just not interesting.

"Shadow of the Hawk"- Carter Hall aka Hawkman is here. When he put on the costume I giggled with glee. His origin is right out of the "Return of Hawkman" story in JSA.

I can't wait for this stuff - I'm not allowing myself to watch it until I've finished with Season Two of Justice League, though. After loving JLU to bits I downloaded the first two seasons, and I'd urge anyone else who hasn't seen them yet to do the same. The cast of characters is smaller (just the core seven JLers, for the most part), but the quality is pretty consistently almost as high as that of JLU, a few mildly dodgy early episodes aside.