JohnMcMahon

Justice League Unlimited

Using my little bit of thread-necromancy, I've just watched the first four episodes of the new season.

I Am Legion - Awesome episode. Good to see the Legion up and running, and that Lex, for once, isn't the mastermind behind it all. His dependence on becoming a single entity with Brainiac again is quite cool as well. And, as always, the Flash rocks.

Shadow of the Hawk - This one was pretty good. Hawkman was a bit lame, but Shayera is quite the cool character. It seems to me though, that Shadow Thief is completely unstoppable, seeing as how he stomped Batman, Hawkgirl and Hawkman with relative ease.

Chaos at the Earth's Core - Lame. I know it's difficult to make an episode involving Skartarris not suck, but this one didn't really do it. The only plus was having Metallo in it (who both looks and acts really creepy). The ending was pretty cool as well, but not enough to redeem it.

To Another Shore - I was skeptical when I read the synopsis for it. Sounded even crappier than the previous episode. Instead, we get what was probably the best in the entire season so far. Finally, J'onn gets some air time. The fight was really cool, and the ending was quite sad. I loved it

And now I'm jonesing for the remainder of the season to start!

Chaos At The Earth's Core was definitely the weakest episode so far, but I can't bring myself to entirely hate it, because the pre-credit sequence with the Godzilla-tastic giant turtle attack and the Supergirl convention (chubby Japanese fangirls!) was pure, deep-fried comedy gold.

I love JLU it is so excellent the end of season 2 was great but i am a bit of a Flash geek. I'm going to have to get downloading as over here in blighty they are still only showing season 2 repeats. Grrr!!!! :angry:

Oh Noooo! Hawkgirl and Wonder Woman burned a library with Pierre Menards Don Quijote in it! Hm. Not such a loss because its supposed to be word by word identical to Cervantes Don Quijote.

I´ve just started watching this series and loving it. Due to the screening schedule on my internet I´ve only seen two episodes, S1E05 and S2E05, both starring Wonder Woman and I´m wondering if she ends up in bondage every episode?

New episodes have apparently been postponed until late spring/early summer.

Twunts.

Can someone in the U.S. tell me when this is on now?

Cartoon Network keeps fucking moving it around!

Everytime I find it and actually remember to watch it for a few weeks, they move the damn thing to another time and then I have a hell of a time finding it! :angry:

It's not on at all at the moment, Christian, repeats or new episodes. The creative team fell WAY behind schedule and only had a few episodes ready by the advertised premier date. When those ran out, Cartoon Network put the season on hold until the rest were completely finished.

And yes, it's a shitty situation for all involved.

In the UK, Toonami are showing what I think is the second block of new episodes from this series, just watched Flash and Substance, twas enjoyable, not least coz of another bang-up Mark Hamil voice job as The Trickster...

Yep - a nice Flash-centric episode, which was every bit as much fun as you'd imagine. Glad to have the show back.

I just loved the moment where Wally was dropping "subtle" hints as to how he wanted Batman there, and Bats read his mind and kinda begrudgingly accepted the invite...

Oh, and I didnt know this til I read it online some place, but in a way Mark Hamill has come full circle with the DC Universe, apparently he played Trickster in the live-action Flash series in the early 90's before he started voicing The Joker...

Oh, and I didnt know this til I read it online some place, but in a way Mark Hamill has come full circle with the DC Universe, apparently he played Trickster in the live-action Flash series in the early 90's before he started voicing The Joker...

Yeah, that was in the TV-movie! God, how i loved that show!

Yep - it's currently airing on Toonami UK. I'm getting them online, so it's no skin off my nose, but it is rather odd. No idea when it'll be back on in the States.

America isnt getting JLU back till like the Summer. But anybody with brains is mainly just using bit torrent. CTN in america would rather show us shitty cartoons and old movies such as the Goonies and Snow Day. Rather than give us what we want.

I'v two of the newer episodes. I still need to DL the other two. I also read that CTN is canning JLU. :icon_cry: :icon_frown:

Can't get enough BO-BO-BOBOBO-BO-BOBOBO-BO-BO-BO-BOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOO-BO-BO-BO!!!!

*Click*

*BANG!!!*

Sort of.

After the remaining 5 episodes, Cartoon Network has not yet opted to renew the show for another season. Bruce Timm himself has said that yes, it is unlikely that CN will pick up the show again at this point, but that it's not impossible they won't end up elsewhere. And even if this is the end, they've done each season as if it would be the last, so it should go out with a bang. Apparently it's been a huge effort to get the show out since they're using so many characters, so perhaps its end is inevitable.

I just watched the last 2 episodes, Alive and Destroyer, and what a brilliant series this was, it's such a deplorable shame that Dini and Timm's universe has to finally come to an end, particularly with so much more potential left. Not just with the general premise of the League, but with the ongoing storyline here.

Darkseid finally discovers the solution to the Anti- Life equation! While Lex may have thought he was saving the Earth, he's just condemned the entire universe to a rule beneath Darkseid's hand! I'd love to see what happens next, now that both Luthor and Darkseid know the complete code, they're basically the only Gods that matter in the universe. And after what happened in Twilight, you can bet Braniac/Luthor and Darkseid would have some great interaction too.

All I can do here is throw up my hands and sigh. So the Batman's probably going to get renewed, and JLU gets canned?

Up side to being sick - reason to stay home from work and watch JLU marathons!

Final season has wrapped and while most of it wasn't close to being on a par with the previous series, the last two episodes were undiluted cartoon coolness. Superman's "world of cardboard" speech was spine-tingling!