JohnMcMahon

The Fantastic Four

Well I think it looks ok. It wont suck half has bad as Elektra or Daredevil. It should be pretty good.

But not better then Batman Begins. Nothing beats Patrick Bateman fighting crime..I mean nothing beats Christian Bale playing dual roles has Batman and playboy billionaire Bruce Wayne.

I wish I could disagree with you Macster.

I really do.

I'll still watch it though. Mr Fantastic's parents live just round the corner from me.

Guest spiderlegs

I laughed a few times at some of the things in the trailer. Still think Ben looks like a burn victim.

meh...might give it a rental...but I said that about DD and Elektra and still haven't gotten around to it.

I love the commercial where Magic Johnson plays BBall with the Fantastic 4.

i also think that it will be a shematic and lame film, but maybe its fun.

doctor doom at least looks cool i think but i dont know the comic (is the actor playing him a relative of you john? or is the name mcmahon just a very popular name? :) (dont want to be offending)

Was hesitant about it for a long way, but the latest trailer seems to suggest at least some good points to the flick, then again Im not well acquainted with the comic...

Marvel would have to work very hard to make anything as bad as "Elektra"....but, I liked the DD movie. I think this movie is going to make the DD and Hulk movies look like classics!

I see so much wrong with this movie. Changing the origins of characters, miscasting characters, cheesy dialogue, even the special effects don't look good enough to save the movie. I wanted to really like this movie, but after seeing commercials, I think I am going to hate this movie.

Nurse (reading thermometer) : Whoa!  You're hot!

Johnny Storm : Why thank you, so are you!

Sorry Tom mate, this is going to suck big hairy balls.

Ahh, buy JS always was a wise-crackin' smarmy lad.

I'm still wondering why anyone would want to make Jessica Alba invisible.

Marvel would have to work very hard to make anything as bad as "Elektra"....but, I liked the DD movie. I think this movie is going to make the DD and Hulk movies look like classics!

Daredevil REALLY frustrated me, because I loved the cast (Yes, even Affleck) and the look of the film, but it just fell apart on the screen.

And a pox on all The Hulk haters!

Daredevil REALLY frustrated me, because I loved the cast (Yes, even Affleck) and the look of the film, but it just fell apart on the screen.

The Hulk was great! It was a drama for the 1st hour, which reminded me of the TV show. The Hulk looked great, in all his CGI glory.

I know I sounded sarcastic as foooock just then, but I'm serious.

Actually, I didn't mind the Hulk movie either. I just know that a lot of people really disliked it. It wasn't great, but it was far from bad.

And, even if the FF movie is shite, the video game looks really good, so something good will come out of it (besides one of the local comic shops upping the price on all their FF comics!!! Bastards! :mad: )

I see so much wrong with this movie. Changing the origins of characters,

How have they changed the origin? Are you talking about Doom?

I'm not keen on how Thing looks. Wonder if going all CGI would have been better?

And I think Reed looks too young.

But I'm going to see it anyway!

the human touches of the movie were great, the story itself and the transformation of him and his father, but when he began to jump...omg

but i saw worse.

Keeyah-Yeah, I was talking about Dr. Doom.

I think Reed looks too young and Jessica Alba (as much as she will attract male viewers to this film) is just so wrong for Susan Storm.

And, yes, the effects for the Thing just aren't all that good.

The whole movie has been justified by this comment alone.

Oh, you naysayer!

;)

Hell, I have to pledge allegiance to the Alba - my dad practically melts at the mention of her name!

(And you don't want to see how squirelly he gets over barcode tattoos!)

The whole movie has been justified by this comment alone.

Oh, you naysayer!

;)

Hell, I have to pledge allegiance to the Alba - my dad practically melts at the mention of her name!

(And you don't want to see how squirelly he gets over barcode tattoos!)

I never quite saw what the big deal was with her. Then I saw Sin City and was converted to the cause of the Alba.

Doesnt look like she'll save this movie for me, though.....

I'm with Christian on most of that (although I have no strong feelings one way or the other about the casting of the Four themselves, the reworked origin for Doctor Doom just sounds naff).

The Thing looks fucking awful in all the footage I've seen so far, and I can't for the life of me figure out what possessed them to make the film this way. Given two characters, one of whom is made of rocks (a surface texture which can be convincingly and easily rendered in CGI) and the other of whom wears a metal mask (an appearance which, one would imagine, would look wicked as a physical costume), what do they do? That's right - they computer-generate the metal 'skin', and create a shitty rubbery-looking costume for the rock-man. Gah.

The thing´s like a cheaper version of Hellboy (car crash smash) and looks like made of fire and mud!

These hip young fashion actor´s give the charcters a teen image which I don´t like.

The movie has nothing for me except the command not to buy anything around it!

And that´s what it has been developed for give an known too old story an ultimate sell out and reanimation before finally and earned lifting it into the grave!

Why they don´t make a tv series which would give more sense to me?

(I like Smallville)

The whole stories increase from single issues like a soap opera and give later a whole picture and not thousand good ideas from different writers without context mixed only to have them in in half in hour!When I sleep my dreams make more sense than that and I can tell you that I dream the absolute rubbish! :icon_evil:

Nothing new and nothing I´m interested in!The usual MTV movie!

I really dunno about this flick. Till this day I still dont approve of Jessica Alba as Invisible Woman despite her "HOT" factor. And I'm no where impressed by her acting. I think Chris Evans as Human Torch was a good choice, but his lines so far are cheesy, and I suppose Torch is pretty cheesy in the comics too, but w/e.

I do have a question about Doom, tho. Isn't Doom suppose to have an accident that scars his whole face which is why he puts on the mask? Because when I see the trailer w/ McMahon, he has his normal face and I don't like that, although I think that McMahon is a great pick for Doom.