JohnMcMahon

The Fantastic Four

But we had Starman and lots of brown Vertigo Comics.

I saw Fantastic Four last night with the wife and whilst it's easily as flawed and poorly spliced together as Constanteen it's way more charming. Chiklis and Evans are really great Gruffudd and Alba are crap and I feel really sorry for Julian McMahon.

I don't understand the whole Jessica Alba "thing".

I think its a teenage, cliched and weak film.

But its high class fun, i like the Villain and Ben.

Theres also some cool action, some fun lines and special effects.

And Alba is hot too.

But the explanations of how they become mutants (Though that was cool itself)and what to do against that...the press...the american way of life...the music...Johnny...cornism...

Still enjoyable, not cancer-growing.

News for the sequel:

Theres rumour bout new Villains will be Silver Surfer and Galactus (Superherohype reports from a casting call of them), and earlier news stated that Doom will may be again in the flick, but chances are that played by another actor.

Link: http://www.superherohype.com/news/fantasti...ews.php?id=3822

On Live with Regis and Kelly yesterday (Mar/21/06), Michael Chiklis was on and mentioned that he will be filming Fantastic Four this summer in Vancouver.

The second installment is scheduled for a July 4, 2007 release date.

I know he wrote the 1,2,3,4 series, but why has Morrison never written an ongoing FF4?

The Thing could be Grant's male pattern baldness victim etc.

Now that would fucking scare me.

Loved some beautiful scenes in 1,2,3,4-where Sue is invisible before the Blind Alicia etc.(that's probably two brain half's more than the movie.)

:icon_shotgun: God, how I hate this film. :icon_twosgun: :icon_mgun: And it gets a sequel? Terrible, just terrible. :angry: A crime against humanity.....

News of this film's shittiness stopped me from seeing it. Now you're telling me I'll have to ingore a whole 'nother movie??? for shame . :mad:

It was pretty damn sucky. Lots of fun, but overall just feels wrong. (my dad, who is about 56 or so, loved it. and he even used to read the comics when he was a wee one)

F42 will feature the Silver Surfer, who is in Albas words half good and half bad.

She says the action, love and everything will be amped up, and she will be the most powerful hero, with a new power as well.

Yeah. I tried watching it on DVD with my cousin a little bit back, and my opinion of the movie is not positive.

It's incredibly boring and pointless until the last half hour and I hate what they did with Dr. Doom.

This was my least favourite of the new line of comic book movies that I've seen.

Yes, it did.

If I could find the Batman Returns thread, I have an apology to make to that movie.

I watched that on DVD with my cousin too, and I loved it.

Everything that annoyed me about the film when I first saw it seemed very minor and forgettable, when that was all that seemed to stand out to me on my first viewing.

I was very wrong about Batman Begins.

It's weird how that happens to me. Movies I love at the theatre (well, I didn't exactly love F.F., but I thought it was pretty good), I end up hating if I watch them again. Movies I hate at the theatre, I end up loving if I watch them again.

It's weird how that happens to me. Movies I love at the theatre (well, I didn't exactly love F.F., but I thought it was pretty good), I end up hating if I watch them again. Movies I hate at the theatre, I end up loving if I watch them again.

I know what you mean.

I was pleasantly surprised at my reaction to Daredevil when I saw it in the theatres (I liked it), but when I caught it on HBO I realized what a steaming turd it really was.

Still better than FF though.