sethos

BEST PANEL EVER

Hell yea, i dug that too. Been far to long since we had Hellboy grace the page, eh? Great comic.

Hell yea, i dug that too. Been far to long since we had Hellboy grace the page, eh? Great comic.

I loved the drinking with the dead guys bit, the poetry recital and everything. that page of Lee Bermejo's art of the next Hellboy story look rather great as well.

Guest Guest

I thought this was going to be a "show us your favourite panel here" thread.

Even though I've never read Hellboy that is a cute panel Sethos. Thanks for sharing it :)

Ah, hell with it. I'm going to try tacking on my all time favourite panel from my all time favourite story, since it's brilliant, and I doubt many people have seen it.

(Now let's see if I can figure out how image posting works around here....)

I guess I should set this up. It comes from the 1978 Batman Summer Spectacular -- $1.00, 80+pages, no advertisements and three Batman stories: "Hang the Batman" (a nice detective story), "I Now Pronounce You Batman and Wife" (Bats' shotgun wedding to Talia) and "Death Strikes at Midnight and Three" (which is the story that convinced me -- I was in senior public school and trying to be as adult and mature and intellectual as possible -- -- that comics could be more than "funny books" and that Denny O'Neil was a god ;) ).

Rather than providing my own summary, I'll just borrow the one from Movie Poop Shoot.

Writer Denny O’Neil gave Batman the noir treatment in “Death Strikes at Midnight and Three!”, a taut short story in prose that first appeared in DC SPECIAL SERIES #15 in 1978. With dark, cinematic illustrations provided by Marshall Rogers, the story details Batman going after Milo Lewes, a refined mob boss who orders the murder of a Gotham prosecutor who’s getting too close to conviction. In a tense confrontation in which Lewes taunts Batman with his purported intelligence, Batman warns the mob boss:

“Milo, drink your wine. Savor it. Then put your affairs in order and call your dear friends and tell them goodbye, tell them your next address will be a prison or a grave because – hear me, Milo – I will find the blind man and I’ll return and I’ll destroy you. I’ll watch you whimper and beg and crawl.”

True to his word, in short order Batman finds the blind man (the sole, integral witness that can put Milo away) and apprehends the thugs sent by Milo to eliminate him. Realizing the jig is up, Milo makes plans to leave the country via private jet, and is already planning on taunting the Batman by sending a postcard from his new hideaway. Plans, however, are about to change:

http://moviepoopshoot.com/comics101/49.html

deathstrikes.jpg

:D

I forgot to log in before I posted. Oh well that was me.

I should also add that the final panel of that story was just a full page shot of Batman's scowl and Milo cowering in fear in the corner and it read something like this (going from memory so I might have the odd word wrong):

"But Milo could do none of those things.

"Instead he had to fight the urge to whimper.

"To beg.

"To crawl."

Best panel ever would have to be in "Howard the Duck" vol. 1, issue #2....the full-page prose piece where the turnip from outer space convinces that guy to let the turnip take over his mind.

:lol:

I won't spoil it for those who haven't read it....but everyone who has the Watchmen, whether in trade or in issues....open to issue 11, next-to-last page of comic (before the prose or whatnot)....

THERE. That is the shit.

:biggrin:

Naw. Best panel ever, Is in I Can;t believe it's not the Justice League. When Guy Gardner's ring makes two "Conscious's" on his shoulder. Both telling him to cop a feel off Power-girl. I nearly died from laughter.

OK, I want to give a real answer now.....

I don't have the technology to copy it, and my comics are in another room where someone is sleeping right now, so I can't find the exact issue or page,

BUT, my favourite panel ever in a comic is the issue of Steve Gerber's "Man Thing" called "Death Cry for a Dead Man":the panel where the main character of the story recites his "Death Cry". If anyone has read this comic, they will never be able to forget it. It made me fall in love with Steve Gerber!

Ah, how soon we all forget.

I believe you'll find that you are all, in fact, quite wrong, and that the greatest comic panel ever is either THIS:

capwank2.png

or THIS:

MRT-15.jpg

I wouldn't want to choose between them, that's for damn sure.

Not a panel, but an odd cover that'll appeal to watchers of old British tele -

gameforalaugh.jpg

Who the fuck are they?!? The top two guys are two ugly mofos.

Clockwise from top left:

*Jeremy Beadle, purveyor of cruel pranks and owner of a gammy hand.

*Matthew Kelly, presenter of karaoke bullshit Stars in Their Eyes and alleged kiddly fiddler.

*Some Jenny Agutter lookalike

* Henry Kelly, TV presenter.

i think the fact that thier names are in big letters on the cover might give it away, for instance it's Henry Kelly presenter of Going for Gold not two Matthew Kellys (the mere thought sickens me) and Sarah Kennedy.

Because there's a picture of her a few posts up in this very thread, silly!

James, I'm going to ask politely, please do not suggest that Sarah Kennedy is similar in looks to Jenny Agutter ever again.... otherwise I will find you and make it look like an accident!

I have spent many a happy night dreaming about one of them, the other gave me nightmares! (and no I didn't have carnal thoughts about Sarah Kennedy before anyone asks!)

Ah, how soon we all forget.

I believe you'll find that you are all, in fact, quite wrong, and that the greatest comic panel ever is either THIS:

(Awesome pistures)

I wouldn't want to choose between them, that's for damn sure.

I sure wont try to compete with them!

However, I feel that this one deserves an honorable mention:

Sortesider.jpg

The captions read:

1: They're coming, I can hear them!

2: It'll take more than scary noises to defeat us!