Mr. Tom Willecome

Constantine Review

Why is it anytime someone comes on here and says the film is good people assume they;re a PLANT working for the studio but when one idiot quotes erroneous SHIT - and this is because I've seen the GD film -- you all jump onboard and toast the guy as the soothsayer of all truth???

John doesn't shoot holy water at anyone and the film is NOT a mess at all and the GD twists and turns are NOT obvious a mile away.  If anything theree needs to be a bit MORE exposition because the test audience, who loved the film even in its first cut, needed a bit MORE info to truly get everything in the end.  That's what some of the reshoots are about.  The end IS the best part and John doesn't brass knuckle the devil - he uses the devil to fucking save the day! 

Ah hell, what the fuck does it matter what I say anyway?  You either go see it for yourselves or shit on it like the religious right shit on Last Temptation of Christ or Dogma without ever seeing either of those as well.

Well, there'as that whole 'courage of your convictions' thing, I suppose. The original note was at least associated with someone we know, whereas you're some anonymous Blade Runner fan that has difficulty with apostrophes.

Look at it this way. If we shit on the film and it ends up being better than we though, we're pleasantly surprised. Which is vastly less emotionally damaging than going to see a film with high hopes and having your heart broken. We're angry because we've followed this for four years, and with the exception of Rachel Weisz, everything we've wanted for this film has been given over to standard Hollywood drek.

The ending may be great, but it'll have to be absolutely brilliant to excuse such ridiculous and obvious stupidity as the Holy Shotgun.

Ah hell, what the fuck does it matter what I say anyway?  You either go see it for yourselves or shit on it like the religious right shit on Last Temptation of Christ or Dogma without ever seeing either of those as well.

Whaaaaa ha ha ha ha acch ach.. God ahc ... ah, ah... huff... hum, well, hm.

Fancy, you are so beautiful when you get angry ;) .

See. You are right in some things: we are eagering for bad news about the film to 'jump over this forum' and spill shit like if were shooting the well known Holy Shitgun Shotgun. And when there is a good new, we look at it with suspicion and sarcasm. But as far as I know, the only good new from the film I read is that Midnite is black!

Oh, yes, and there is a good ending. But I call 'a good ending' to what Fincher and Shyamalan do: is that 'good ending' so good?

Anyway, darling, just when I knew that the movie John is newyorker and blackhaired I decided not to go to the cinema. If there would be a good reason to John is newyorker and blackhaired that connects with the comic maybe I'll change my decision. But being realistic...

Oh, and I liked that paralelism you stated between the comic fans and the Christian fundamentalism. It sounds pretty much like Holy War Against Warner Bros. Funny indeed, I'm not sarcastic, believe me :)

Aw, and I so badly wanted to go to the movie with a Dutch Hellblazer fan ;p

*sniff*

Maybe that could be arranged... I'm going. Maybe not on the 24th of February, but very likely the weekend after the opening night.

I'm not watching it either. the trailer alone was bad enough to make my eyes bleed.

Glad you said it, Sethos. Keanu's voice was flat and uninspired, the female lead was disturbingly gaunt, the lines spoken were ridiculous, and scene in the highrise was action movie crap.

Ah, bloody hell! This movie opens on Feb. 24th?! My birthday is the 22nd! :angry:

Too close to my birthday to be good. It's an ill-omen, I tells ya!

Glad you said it, Sethos.  Keanu's voice was flat and uninspired, the female lead was disturbingly gaunt, the lines spoken were ridiculous, and scene in the highrise was action movie crap.

Yeah, the trailer was very uniformly shit. You thought Rachel Weisz looks gaunt though??? she's one of the few curvy actresses working in Hollywood today....maybe its the way she's lit..

But Keanu, oh God. 'Welcome to my world'????????

he he he....Great line! :rolleyes:

Yeah, if she's working for Hollywood, you're pretty much guranteed she'll be GAUNT!

thats generally true but the thing is, Rachel Weisz Isnt. Have you seen The Mummy Returns or Runaway Jury. She's pretty filled out and curvy and pretty. I think its cos of the way she's lit that she looks thinner in the trailer.

Wellll....she's not emaciated!

She may have curves and be pretty, but that doesn't mean she's not a skinny thang!

I'd hardly called her "filled out". I looked up pics of her online.

Some of us guys just like our women to be a bit "meaty" and "plumped up"! :)

Wellll....she's not emaciated!

She may have curves and be pretty, but that doesn't mean she's not a skinny thang!

I'd hardly called her "filled out". I looked up pics of her online.

Some of us guys just like our women to be a bit "meaty" and "plumped up"! :)

oh sure, she's definitely SKinny, what I meant is that she's curvy and filled out Compared to other Hollywood people. Not normal people. I don't think scrawny women look attractive either.

However, I also looked up some pics and she does seem to have lost weight so I see where you guys may be coming from. I remember from earlier days where she looked like this:

http://www.rachel-weisz.net/photos/display...p?album=7&pos=1

Definitely slim but not gaunt and with Some meat on her. Which is why she looked very nice in The Mummy.

But oh well, her looks are the least thing we should be bothered with in This movie........

http://www.rachel-weisz.net/photos/display...p?album=7&pos=1

Definitely slim but not gaunt and with Some meat on her. Which is why she looked very nice in The Mummy.

No, she isn't gaunt in that picture of her standing up. Definitely better built than a lot of model-actresses, that's for sure, at least when the photo was taken. Truthfully I didn't notice the female lead in The Mummy because I just can't tell most starlets, female or male, apart these days, but I don't remember Brenda Fraser's squeeze in that show being too thin.

She may have slimmed down since then, or I may not have gotten a fair view of her due to set lighting or the less than ideal circumstances under which I viewed the trailer.

But oh well, her looks are the least thing we should be bothered with in This movie........

Maybe, but movies are heavily visual, and she is going to be intimately involved with JC, so it will matter more maybe than it should. I'll certainly give her a chance to see how she does with the female cop part, which actually seems like a good role from the little bit of script that was posted here (and a quantum leap above ChaZ). I'm actually more peeved that there has to be a love/sex scene between her and JC, which may be necessary for the production cabal's demographic-chasing ambitions, but doesn't ring true as something that would happen in the book. I mean, Constantine having sex with a cop or someone who is asking for his help?? It would have been better platonic, but that would have required a subtle enough writer to be able to handle the sexual tension.

Not sure I buy the whole "John not sleeping with her" thing.

John would fuck anything that moves, it's the obligatory "tacked-on-love-story" vibe that grates. It'd be much better if John got his jollies and fucked off, like the odious bastard we all know he can be.

Not sure I buy the whole "John not sleeping with her" thing.

John would fuck anything that moves, it's the obligatory "tacked-on-love-story" vibe that grates. It'd be much better if John got his jollies and fucked off, like the odious bastard we all know he can be.

And the cop's dead twin sister soul, if they let him to...

:mellow:

Maybe that could be arranged... I'm going. Maybe not on the 24th of February, but very likely the weekend after the opening night.

Oh nice, where dou ya live? Noord Holland? I do... B)

Ah, bloody hell! This movie opens on Feb. 24th?! My birthday is the 22nd! :angry:

Too close to my birthday to be good. It's an ill-omen, I tells ya!

Christian, no worries. In the USA it opens on February 11th. You can go and see it, and you'll still have more than a week to recuperate and get into a birthday mood... :p

Shanice: I live in The Hague (Den Haag). But I might want to go and see the movie in Amsterdam...

The end IS the best part and John doesn;t brass knuckle the devil

John does brass knuckle a demon though...

Superficially, the ending is strong but (as written) it starts to crumble when you think about it.

You either go see it for yourselves or shit on it like the religious right

Funny you should bring up the religious right when you consider the strong "God's Not Dead, No He Is Alive" message that runs through the movie.

You lost the plot a little with your post there, especially when even Tom cast aspersions on the original quote's veracity!

Any chance of you confirming that Constantine will be released a month later in the UK then in America and that is has an R certificate ? Cheers. I've much love for the time you spent here and do appreciate how frustrating it can get but it's an occupational hazard, innit ?

and whatever went on behind the scenes with McMahon and the producers

Whu...?

They're busy folk and I'm assuming that Constantine is on the down low right now before they ramp up next year. Any contact I've had with anyone involved (not on forums) has been great, enthusiastic sorts in a catchy way.

Yeah, what is going on with the release date in the UK? Is it not Feb? Cos it says in In Style magazine it's out in March. Now, I know it's hardly the best place to look for this kind of info, but that's what it says here.

John should sleep with ChaZ, so they can ban and destroy the movie (except for that one reel that will be saved for Pee-We Herman's personal use)...

Shanice: I live in The Hague (Den Haag). But I might want to go and see the movie in Amsterdam...

Yah me too. Tuschinski or Paté Arena perhaps. Not to be offensive, but how old are you?

Not to be offensive, but how old are you?

What, and reveal one of the best kept secrets of this Forum...? I intend to keep them all guessing for the next 20 years or so. :p

Oh, allright then. *whispers* Let's say... thirtysomething. ;)